New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 198728)

SWLE : Release from deathstar SDTM

By silverballgames

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinballaddicted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Unboxed my SWLE a few days ago and I have to say I am getting seriously frustrated over a few things ...
About 75% of the shots that I make in the deathstar go straight down the middle after it is being released ... very unfair ... should not be like this ... and I do not see a lot of possibilities to tweak this ...

Also the mysterie shot at the right hand side, after being kicked out, I have to make serious efforts not to loose the ball ... inconsistent kick out, also sometimes STDM.

Any of you experiencing the same on SWLE or premium ??

Grtz,

Lieven

#2 3 years ago

I do not own the game, but I thought i read somewhere you could adjust the strength of the mystery hole kickout in the menu options?

#3 3 years ago

I've had the problem with the death star release. Try raising the back right leg a little bit. It worked for me. The release should go to the left flipper. This game needs to be perfectly leveled from left to right like no game I've seen. I got the pinguy app recently and I definitely recommend it. If you still have problems with the mystery hole, you can adjust the strength in settings.

#4 3 years ago

I agree with the level...and this game simply doesn't work right pitched above 7 degrees.

You need to torque the right kickout shield to the left so the ball consistently goes to the left flipper. Remove the right habitrail, the plastic below it, and loosen the two screws/nuts holding the shield. The game takes some tweaking because of the momos putting it together at the factory and the lack of gameplay QC before they ship it out.

#5 3 years ago

Before you go crazy break out the level and put the dam game in test. Adjust the strengths up or down. Try it both ways. See what you like. I agree when games drain for NO reason makes me go crazy. But SWLE is not the only pain in the ass. My TWD PREMIUM was doing it My MMRLE was doing it. My Dialed in was doing it. This is the reason I do not keep any large weapons in my game room. I do not want to over react and beat my games out of anger. Even though sometimes they really ask for it.

#6 3 years ago

Maybe I'm extremely lucky. But when I unboxed mine. I literally attached the legs,removed the paper and stuff off the playfield and hit play. It's play great. I have gotten sdtm out of the Death Star. But very low percents < 5%.

#7 3 years ago

I tried with the levellers from the back legs half way out and completely out ... same result.
At least 75% of the releases from death star go SDTM. This kills the fun for 100%.
Will try some other stuff as posted above as well....

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from silverballgames:

I tried with the levellers from the back legs half way out and completely out ... same result.
At least 75% of the releases from death star go SDTM. This kills the fun for 100%.
Will try some other stuff as posted above as well....

If all else fails add a center post under the flippers.

#9 3 years ago

Great idea !

#10 3 years ago

Level the machine first. Everything else after that. You can adjust the power on the kick out and the hold power on the accelerator coils in the menu.

Good luck!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
6,800 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
South Hero, VT
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside