5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by schudel5
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cngizbleevng.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Is it ok to switch the machine off and on a lot? We have it in the basement and I play it several times a day. Switch it off when I go back upstairs, and switch it back on when I want to play another game. Other family members do the same thing.

Is the surge of power with switching it on so often a problem. I'd rather save electricity and save wear on the bulbs (they are LEDs though) and internal components.

At work I have a projector that has some kind of adapter that suppresses the power surge when initially turning it on. Of course, I realize a pin is a different beast, but I was curious enough that I thought I'd ask.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

why not just leave it on if you plan on coming back down shortly. seems powering it up constantly would be harder on the boards then just leaving it on for a few hours but I'm no expert on it. Replacing the bulbs with LEDs is not difficult either if you ever do it.

I don't know how much electricity these old machines suck up (Kings of Steel, 1984). I don't mind leaving it on if it's not in any way going to overheat elements or degrade things.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cngizbleevng.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/switching-pin-off-and-on-a-lot?tu=cngizbleevng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.