4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191107-140746~2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

Do you want to replace the GI or the inserts? Those bulbs might work for the GI, although I'd recommend getting some warm white frosted bulbs from a pinball led company.

Stern/Bally games of that era need special bulbs or boards for the controlled lights. I think comet pinball has the bulbs, if not you'd need to get an alltek lamp board or adapter board.

Personally I'd recommend not changing the controlled lights, and getting a set of comet 2smd frosted warm white for the GI

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

And Non-ghosting is a must in the PF or anything that flashes quick, otherwise you will get an undesired lighting effect.

Non ghosting doesn't apply to a stern. Only EMs and lamp matrix-based games.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

a 1978 Stern doesn't use lamp based bulbs?

It doesn't use a lamp matrix, which is the only type of lamp driving circuit that suffers from ghosting.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Pretty sure Lectronamo would suffer from ghosting without the extra resistor board.

Without the extra board or special Leds, they will flicker and not stay on, but that's different from ghosting, which is caused by other lamps in the same row/column being on

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

1) There is no bulb that can fix this aside from incandescent.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/1flux-bulbs are specifically designed to work with bally/stern games

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I love that Ryan even says that running the anti-flicker board with standard bulbs is cheaper than using those bulbs. That's how great Comet Pinball is!
I'm the ultimate cheapy and solder resistors onto each socket, since most games of these games need some attention at the sockets anyway. I've used Seigecraft boards in the past and they work great as well for a plug 'n play option.

Yeah, seigecraft is definitely the best option.

Well, besides just using incandescents in the inserts

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

This is not correct.

How is it not correct?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/switching-out-to-led?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.