Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

819EDD39-6B50-40F6-9F26-582D57CC7932 (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

Hi all,

I have quite a few lower playfield switches out on Game Of Thrones Premium. Checking the manual they all relate to Node board 9. The mid playfield one. Checking that board I see it appears to be offline (ie: no rapidly flickering LED that is running on other node boards).

It may appear that I need to replace that board, but if it is possible to replace an obviously faulty component, this would be preferable. I know that these boards are not easily worked on by the layperson.

Anyone else had this problem, or can guide me as to how to troubleshoot? Is there a particular component that I can test first?

If I can't repair, does anyone know the likely cost of a replacement? So far neither my distributor nor Stern have mentioned a replacement cost.

All ideas and responses greatly appreciated.

#2 6 years ago

Just looked up node boards on Marco .... Surprisingly expensive ... Boards from $185-$999
Ouch!

#3 6 years ago

Have you asked your Stern distributor if they will cover it under warranty? I thought the consensus was that almost everyone has received advance replacements when needed regardless of stated warranty period?

Was GOT one of the games requiring the TO220 breaking legs diode fix?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Was GOT one of the games requiring the TO220 breaking legs diode fix?

No, it has older revision node boards with fuses. Maybe the OP should check the fuse first.

Rob

#5 6 years ago

Oh yes, I see that Marco sells them for $220 but they are out of stock.

As for the fuse the red LED light is on, so my thoughts were that the fuse is OK.

#6 6 years ago

You can test out your node board by swapping it out with node board 10, you will just have to change the dip switches to match. Node 9 and node 10 have the same part number.

819EDD39-6B50-40F6-9F26-582D57CC7932 (resized).png819EDD39-6B50-40F6-9F26-582D57CC7932 (resized).png

#7 6 years ago

Those nodes are a pain in the ass. Does Stern provide schematics yet on their pinballs?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/switches-out-on-got-node-board-9-at-fault and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.