Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by johnwartjr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2.JPG
1.JPG

#1 7 years ago

After a switch test in test mode on my Comet I found out some switches arnt working... The outlanes, ramp entrance switch, cycle jump switches all dont work...

And they all use a green/yellow wire.

Also the ramp exit switch doesn't work either and that's on a Green/Violet wire.

What could this be? a short?

#2 7 years ago

They all use the green/yellow wire, but is every switch on the green/yellow wire out? If at least one switch on the green/yellow wire is working then my guess is that you have a break along the line.

#3 7 years ago

Nope, none of them on that wire work...

#4 7 years ago

Is it possible that if 1 switch is stuck closed that the others wont work on that same wire?

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from jrolson:

Is it possible that if 1 switch is stuck closed that the others wont work on that same wire?

No, you've got a bad connection somewhere. If you had a switch stuck closed it would show it in your switch test. Check to see what header those switches go to in your manual and check your connector that plugs into the board. Reseat it and see if they start to register. You could have a bad connector or a cold solder on that header pin.

#6 7 years ago

I'd start here to see if the issue is on the playfield or in the boards.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_System_9_-_11#Switch_problems

#7 7 years ago

Ok I used a jumper wire to test the switches on the board, and pin 4 (Green/Yellow wire) doesn't trigger the switches, all others work...

So it must be a problem with the board....

What could it be?

#8 7 years ago

It looks like there may be some bad/burned resistors...

Could this be the problem?

1.JPG 2.JPG

#9 7 years ago

Yes that is your problem... GPE sells the resistor network and the resistor.

#10 7 years ago

How do I know which resistors to get? They come in different Ohms.

#11 7 years ago

SR9 is: SIP 10pin 1.0K Ohm 5%
R129 is: C.F. 1.5K Ohm 1/4watt 5%

Page 33: http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/548/Comet_manual.pdf

#12 7 years ago

Thank you very much

11 months later
#13 6 years ago

I've got the same problem here with my Comet and the same exact resitor was burn't. I replaced the resistor and still have the same problems as the ones here. Anybody have any other ideas?
Thanks

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from sousa1:

I've got the same problem here with my Comet and the same exact resitor was burn't. I replaced the resistor and still have the same problems as the ones here. Anybody have any other ideas?
Thanks

Are all those switches in the same row according to the manual on the switch matrix chart?
Start looking for a loose wire beginning with the first switch on the chart going upstream to
the other switches

#15 6 years ago

Yes. Do you know what would have caused this specific resistor to burn exactly like the other one here?

#16 6 years ago

Shorted coil voltage to a switch perhaps.

You may have damaged an IC upstream. Got a logic probe? Know how to use it? How about a jumper wire and a diode?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Unknown City, CA
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 24.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
£ 37.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 92.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside