Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DCRand
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wizbangdoodle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

So, since having some problems with my 2 machines (On Beam and Space Mission) I ordered tools and started troubleshooting, cleaning and adjusting contacts according to pinrepair.com's guidance.

As I'm going through these contacts, it dawned on me, maybe a contact stack upgrade would be a good idea. So that brings me here, asking the question, is there such a thing? Does anyone offer something to take the place of contacts switch stacks?

#3 2 years ago

Bummer. Maybe someone should.

Maybe that should be me.

#8 2 years ago

I was thinking along the lines of this.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/ZF/E19-50H?qs=SkbUdWCNujuZ2Cm7oxZyIQ%3D%3D

I could then 3d print a bracket to mount it. The roller would ride on the cam disc.

Maybe I'm just over thinking the whole thing. It's what I do.

#10 2 years ago

Interesting thread wolverinetuner, thanks.

More than likely, both machines will remain as built, but I always like to look at improving things. Modern snap switches are more reliable and never need adjustments. That is what piqued my curiosity. Maybe building one from scratch would be fun.

#16 2 years ago

My comment on micro switches comes from my experience with CNC machines. Limit switches in those endure some awful conditions and must remain reliable and accurate for many many years. Maybe not the best idea for a pin, but like I've said before, I'm always looking at making an improvement, if it makes sense.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wizbangdoodle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/switch-stacks-and-upgrades?tu=Wizbangdoodle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.