You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screw sizes (resized).jpg
Screw (resized).jpg
IMG_0888 (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

I am looking for the size of the screw that goes into a 5 stack switch on a Gottlieb like is shown in the photo. I know the length is 1.5 inches, what is the thread size? Where do I find them. Thanks

IMG_0888 (resized).jpegIMG_0888 (resized).jpeg
#2 1 year ago

If I remember correctly, they are 5-40 threads. Not sure where to get them… maybe PBR

#3 1 year ago

It's probably a 3-48 (#3 diameter with 48 threads per inch)
I have some short ones I can put in the mail if that will help, but you can probably find them at a good hardware store, or on here on the parts wanted forum.

#4 1 year ago

I think 5-40.

#5 1 year ago

I think this is what you are looking for...?? This came from an old wiring harness stack switch I have from a System One.
Screw (resized).jpgScrew (resized).jpg

#6 1 year ago

I bought this, definitely worth it: https://www.amazon.com/Screw-Chekr-Thread-Gauge-Checker/dp/B0006NFUJW/ref=sr_1_16

I’d try PBR too.

If it’s 1-1/2” — https://www.mcmaster.com/91792A135/

I believe yours is a fillister head screw.

#7 1 year ago

Thank you all, it’s great to be part of this group where help can be found for anything pinball. Happy 4th!

#8 1 year ago

Measure the diameter of the screw - a #5 screw is 0.125 inches diameter and a #3 is approximately 0.1 inches. I'd guess you need the #3-48 screw, which tend to be used with the smaller 1 3/4" switch blades on the AG and interlock relays. The 3" switch blades (motor and standup switches) tend to use the #5-40.

Screw sizes (resized).jpgScrew sizes (resized).jpg
#9 1 year ago

Longest I could find for 3-48 are 1-1/4”.

One suggestion I read (since these screws seem to be used on guitars and some folks are looking for longer) is to use 3-48 threaded rod, cap with an acorn nut secured with Loctite or JB Weld; cut to length.

Hopefully someone has one in their junk box; I saw a reference to this screw in a 1966 Bally parts catalog.

#10 1 year ago

Ive got one to send you if you havnt found something yet.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/switch-stack-screw-sizes?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.