Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by DK
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150216_084223 (resized).jpg
    20150329_110926 (resized).jpg
    20150216_084249 (resized).jpg
    30853E98-7C35-445F-824E-CA264C8119FC (resized).jpeg
    732236EE-5664-4143-8D83-1D5BC6F697B0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider packie1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hello All:
    I am at the end of a restoration of a 1947 Bally Heavy Hitter. The machine was in bad shape when I found it in a warehouse in Peoria Il 7 years ago. I have just gotten to it and have restored the entire machine. I did take pics along the way and made notes of switches and settings as it sat, but the machine never ran and I am not sure if the switches and such are set correctly.
    I do have 2 paper diagrams for the bottom board in the cabinet and the playfield. Both of these are lacking in details as well.

I have found one or two switches which do not seem to do anything, but are on the game. There are no wires attached to them and no loose wires are in the machine to indicate a possible connection. They are just there.

I really need to see if anyone out there has a working machine that they would be willing to send me some pics and details on it settings and what it needs to do what when it is reset and ready for play.

I have searched the web and have talked to a couple of sellers on ebay for pics with limited results as they wre selling or had sold the games.

Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    Mike

1 year later
    #3 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinnut:

still have it, i just picked one up. so many questions
    mike

I still have it, but am still not any closer on answers to my questions. Is yours working? maybe you can help me.
    Mike

1 year later
    #5 5 years ago
    Quoted from popperette:

I just bought a Heavy Hitter and soon I will be tearing it apart to clean and lube. Once I have it apart, I can send you all the info you need.
    I know its an old post but if you still need info., let me know what you are looking for.
    Larry.

Larry
    Great news!!! I am still trying to figure mine out. I am stuck on a couple things. have had it back in storage , but will take it back out to see what you can help me with.
    Thanks
    Mike

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

If you know of a nice one for sale let me know!

If I can get mine fixed, I think I will put it up for sale. It has always just been a project to rescue this machine from the basement it was hiding in.
    Mike

#9 5 years ago

Thanks Larry.
    I do have both of those as well. I am really interested in pics of the units. I have some questions about the hits counter and such in the bottom of the game. I also am curious about the running man unit as mine has one switch in a different location then what pics I have gotten from other owners. Not sure if there was a change that requires the switch to be in this spot or mine. I will upload pics of mine so you can see.

Also I cant seem to see the reset sequence when I start a game. Nothing seems to go to a starting point. Any video would be helpful too.
    Mike

#10 5 years ago

Here are the early pics of the unit when I picked it up.
    Mike

20150216_084223 (resized).jpg20150216_084223 (resized).jpg20150216_084249 (resized).jpg20150216_084249 (resized).jpg20150329_110926 (resized).jpg20150329_110926 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider packie1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/switch-settings-for-1947-bally-heavy-hitter-bat-and-pitch?tu=packie1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.