11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by wesperron
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesperron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I'm working on an NBA fastbreak and I came across a switch that wasn't working for shooter #2.
I put the machine in the switch edges test. When I activate the switch with my finger it registers on the matrix with a square around the dot for that switch but it doesn't sound of or say closed.
I tried other switches in the same row and they do the same thing.
When the game is in regular game play Just the shooter #2 switch doesn't work but the other switches in that row work fine.

What is this telling me when the switch doesn't sound off in the switch test but it registers on the matrix with a square around the dot. It appears the switch is working but not registering...does that make sense?

#3 11 years ago

I checked it and everything appears to be ok. I didn't check to see if the diode was faulty, I'll check that tonight.
Thanks for the help Mike. I'll post the results.

#4 11 years ago

Diode is ok. I replaced the whole switch and diode with a good one. Same thing.

Once again. In the switch edges test no switch in that row sounds off/closes but they do activate on the matrix grid.

In game play all switches work fine except for 1 and I replaced that one and it still is not working. That switch activates a coil. I tested the coil and it works fine.

I've checked each switch in the row and they all appear fine and I checked the diodes on them and they all appear to be working. There are no loose or broken wires that I could see.

Is this a chip error?

Why would a switch appear to work fine in gameplay but not in the switch test?
This one has got me stumped.

#7 11 years ago

I did just like you said Jalpert and I found that J208-8 was the only pin not working all the other pin/switches worked. So I removed the board and checked the solder joints on that pin and everything else. They all looked fine even with a magnifying glass but just for the hell of it I hit pin 8 with a little heat... I replaced the board and now everything works.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys....I learn something new everytime.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesperron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/switch-row-issue?tu=wesperron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.