(Topic ID: 69802)

Switch questions, Gilligan Island and general switches.

By GL_Pinguy

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by GL_Pinguy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

GI-SwitchIssue.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kguenther6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

I have a friend that has a GI that I shopped out for him. I don't remember the 2 switches being reversed. Next time I'm over there I can check it out.

The switch error you mention is from the switch not being activated after so many balls or games. The pin will keep track of number of balls played or number of games played and if a switch hasn't been hit after so many balls/games it will think it is bad and give an error. Activating the switch will clear the error. My friend's GI will get that a lot on some of the ramp switches. You can play a lot of games on GI and never hit all the ramps. So the game will assume the switch isn't working.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from GL_Pinguy:

Now back to the original problem, the island only works if the play filed is in the up/service position.

Check to see if any wires are shorting out against the railing or anything else when you lower the PF. I have a Centaur that has a switch bank that would stop working when the PF was lowered. Turned out a wire would get pinched in the rail and the insulation rubbed off and would short it out. Also do as LTG suggested and look for a wire that stretches when PF is lifted or has a loose connection.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fenton, MO
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kguenther6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside