Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Gotpins
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I picked up a last action hero a few weeks back and have fixed all the problems except this one weird switch problem.

The VUK and a few other switches are very slow to respond in switch test and game play. I have tested using a jumper wire and a diode and eliminated the switch itself as the problem. (I changed it already anyway)

During switch test, a few switches in the row are very slow to respond. If I active that switch it takes about 1 second before the switch actives in test mode. If I click the switch very quickly it won't register at all until I let off for a second, then hold it for a second.

I changed the q50 transistor for that Column and reflowed the board as well and neither changed anything. I'm pretty sure it's a chip problem but I don't know how to test for that.

Has anybody ever dealt with this before or have any suggestions?

#2 7 years ago

Bump for the morning.

#3 7 years ago

Bumping this for the OP and for me because I ran into this a while back and never solved it. Here is the link to the thread I started on a Batman Forever with a similar problem.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-batman-slow-registering-switch-closures

Hopefully some smart people will chime in and can help the OP.

#4 7 years ago

Hey Okarcades, do you have a list of the switch numbers that are acting slow? Curious if they are next to each other in the same columns or rows.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/switch-matrix-slow-to-respond-data-east-last-action-hero-lah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.