8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

switch_test_.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I have a switch matrix problem and I cant figure it out, I have a new Rotton Dog combo board in it (cpu/driver) and it was working great for 6 months. Then about a week ago the lane change was intermittently working so I thought I had to adjust the end of stroke switch, so I got the switch looking good and I turned it on and it instantly tilts. Do I just need to replace the 2j2 and 2j3 connectors?

#2 8 years ago

Give a tug on those switch diodes, a bad diode can cause all sorts of havoc.

Note that the Right Lane Change and the Plumb Bob are both on Row #1. Go into switch test mode and see if other switches on that row are funky too.

Check diodes with your meter.

#3 8 years ago

only the upper lane change (1,2,3) and (4,5,6) switches are working properly the rest are completely hey wire, locking the ball gives me a free credit the far out lines reset the game entirely, one of the inner lanes tilts it and the other one adds a new player. I have checked nearly all the diodes and they are reading .555, .554, some are reading a little higher .564 or .574 and the lane change one is reading .497 what should they be reading? and also on the switch test when I would hit 1 of them a bunch would go off

#4 8 years ago

Did you adjust that EOS switch with the power on?

#5 8 years ago

No but it was plugged in

#6 8 years ago

Could I have possibly blown something? If so what?

#7 8 years ago

Plugged in is OK (it keeps the grounding intact for static).

Turned on is not OK (you don't want to put 30v into the 5v lines).

How handy are you with reading schematics and testing?

#8 8 years ago

i nearly tested all of them and they seem to be reading the same , and i have the schematics, and here is a picture in switch test, the one the x's are automatically going off when I hit one of the affected switches

switch_test_.jpgswitch_test_.jpg

1 month later
#9 8 years ago

I fixed it! Well technically I didn't Jim From rottendog amusements told me what part I needed. So it was "74HCT9114N BUFFERS & LINE DRIVERS NINE WIDE" chip that went bad on me. So if anyone else has this same problem you can get another one at :

https://ksarcade.net/74hct9114n-buffers-line-drivers-nine-wide.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/switch-matrix-problems-on-my-scorpion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.