2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Don44
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7C78E8AF-F931-4191-A923-C6886D84793B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Don44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Switch number 31 to 38 do not work. They are all in the same column. I think I may have shorted something while changing lightbulbs because they did previously work. Anybody know what I should look at on the CPU that may have shorted out?

#3 2 years ago

I did the jumper test and column three does not work when testing. Is U20 the likely culprit? I inspected it well and nothing appears to be burned.

1 week later
    #5 2 years ago

I have not replaced that u20 yet but I got the part I needed so going to do it soon but I also have a problem with the dancing dummy. In test mode the coil pulsed a little so I replaced the coil and now when I go in test or game mode, when the coil attempts to fire the game reboots. Any ideas what to look for here?

#7 2 years ago

Thanks for that tip, it did have a diode so I cut it off. I am back to my original problem now. I guess it was not the coil. The coil pulses in test mode but it doesn’t fire like it should. I am pretty sure I have it hooked up correctly. All other coils work correctly

7C78E8AF-F931-4191-A923-C6886D84793B (resized).jpeg7C78E8AF-F931-4191-A923-C6886D84793B (resized).jpeg

#8 2 years ago

I replaced U20 And all the switches now work. everything now works on it except the dancing dummy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Don44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/switch-matrix-problem-on-party-zone?tu=Don44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.