3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by wayout440
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago

Couple ideas here.

I would try to isolate the problem to the driver board or playfield. Here's what i would try: put the game into switch test, then disconnect female connectors 2J2 and 2J3 (the switch matrix row and column connectors). Take an alligator jumper and clip it to the male header 2P3 pin 7 (row 3), then touch the other end of the jumper to 2P2 pin 9 (column 1). The displays should *only* show the number 03, indicating the mpu is seeing switch 3 (the credit switch) is closed.

I'm kinda suspecting that it's going to be a playfield/cabinet problem since it's doing the same thing with both driver boards. Still, that's an easy way to test the switch matrix to isolate the problem to the board or playfield/cabinet wiring.

Given the boards are good, the next thing to check is the wiring to *all* the switches in row 3 and column 1. You want to see if any of the diodes, wiring, or solder lugs are touching anything adjacent. Metal brackets, other switches/lamps, screws etc. It may be like finding a needle in a haystack, but that would be the next thing i would try.

Hopefully that points you in the right direction. If anything maybe the bump back to the top will get others attention who can chime in with more info.

Good luck!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/switch-matrix-problem-on-flash-?tu=frunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.