(Topic ID: 205513)

switch matrix problem column 7 - one column dead

By pedroborges

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Good,

I have a problem with the cpu board that is not giving any switches in column 7.
    I already experimented with other cpu boards and the switchs all of column 7 work.
    That is the problem on the CPU board.

I have switched the integrated uln2803 and continue on the same thing.

I have already done the continuity test to see if it is a good emission control track and it is ok.

one result is a J206-7

I do not know what it may be for a column 7 and pin 7 from j206 not to have the signal

#2 6 years ago

Assume you're talking about a WPC game. Check continuity back up to the chip, it's not uncommon to lose continuity on these boards and need to run a jumper.

This is extremely helpful for tracing continuity on these games:

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/images/e/e7/WPC-089MPULayout.jpg

#3 6 years ago

You did U20, how about U14 ?

LTG : )

#4 6 years ago

thanks , yes u20 .
    does not replace u14

I already checked the continuity up to the chip uln2803 of the plug j206 and everything is ok

1 week later
    #5 6 years ago

I solved the problem, I changed the u14 chip and it worked

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/switch-matrix-problem-column-7-one-column-dead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.