By ShrinerDave

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0905E717-8D25-4A99-9ED7-A7D057F70909 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ShrinerDave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Star Wars Episode 1
I am having a little trouble with a skill shot (sneaky lane) switch signaling when the switch is not activated. My first thought was a bad diode.
Condition:
When both drop targets are down, as a new ball is launched into the shooter Lane, it will immediately indicate skill shot before you shoot the ball.
I have tested all of the diodes, inspected the wiring and made sure nothing is touching or grounded.

If either one of the drop targets are up you can actuate the shooter lane switch and it does not indicate a skill shot. I’ve tried it every combination with the drop targets. It only happens when they are both down.
When both drop targets are down and you actuate the shooter lane switch the sneaky lane switch indicates and the #45 opto goes out?

After removing switches removing diode‘s and testing everything individually, I cannot find what is faulty?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
Shriner Dave
0905E717-8D25-4A99-9ED7-A7D057F70909 (resized).jpeg0905E717-8D25-4A99-9ED7-A7D057F70909 (resized).jpeg

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Sounds like you are trying to diagnose the issue during gameplay. What happens when you test all the switch individually in the switch test?

I just got it, I don’t have any history.
Noticed the problem during game play then went into diagnostics to test switches and recreate problem.
Using the diagnostic mode I was able to see the sneaky lane switch indicating in the condition mentioned above.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Then I'd start by going over each switch and check wiring. Wires in the correct spots, diode facing the right direction. They are all wired the same. White wire and black end of the diode to a lug. Green wire to a lug. Silver banded end of diode to a lug.
Only take a few minutes to check and could save you a lot of time.
LTG : )

This is why am stumped, I have looked at all of the wiring, removed the diodes, tested the diodes on the bench, tested the switches on the bench and then re-soldered everything back together. After all of that I’m back at square one. I may just replace the diodes an all these switches. It has to be back feeding through the drop down targets to get to the sneaky lane switch.

Sigh.....

#7 2 years ago

Got it figured out.
Aftermarket replacement switch on the right drop down target has the common and NC terminals on opposite ends of the switch as the original switches. Corrected the wiring and it works great now.

Thank you for the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 85.00
$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ShrinerDave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/switch-matrix-help-2?tu=ShrinerDave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.