Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by printzone
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

New game to me. Test report - check switch 56 - Bookcase Opto 4. When I check the switches, none of the switch in the row 6 - White-Blue register.
Unplugged the Opto board, and it made no difference. We have checked for continuity and power on both sides of all the switches for that row, all look good.
Replaced I/C s, and still nothing. Any ideas??

#2 1 year ago

Which ICs did you replace?

#3 1 year ago

u18, u19 and u20 just for good measure.

#4 1 year ago

Look for a break in the ground somewhere between those switches. Also replace J205. Connectors are the problem a huge percentage of the time.

#5 1 year ago

Try replacing u13. All the rows pass through there as well.

#6 1 year ago

when the connector was plugged into J207 I also had column 6 out. When moved to J206 it came back. This problem started as an intermittent problem with the game shooting out multiple balls. At one point I unplugged the optos and plugged them back in, and that switch came back to life. A few games later and it went back to the same problems

#7 1 year ago

Wait, what? How did you get anything to work with the rows plugged into the columns?

#8 1 year ago

Sounds like the problem could be in the connector. Check the tiny wedge of metal in the female portion of the plug connector at the pin location for the row that is out and see if it broke off, or got jammed up inside. it's the spring thing that actually pushes against the pin when the plug connector is seated. I had this happen to Pin 5 on my Column plug for J206/207 on my TZ- Replaced the plug connector to fix it

#9 1 year ago

no j206 an j207 are for the colums, and j208 and j209 are rows. I had both a column and row issue, but fixed the column issue by moving the connector

#10 1 year ago

I have checked for power at the switch, and have it on all the switches. if the connector was bad, I would think that I would not have power at the switch?

#11 1 year ago

I've had a dead row due to a bad trace on the board. Check the continuity from the connector back through to the pin on the LM339 IC.

You'll need a schematic; post back if you don't have one and we can guide you through which components and pins.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside