(Topic ID: 205120)

Switch Issues with Medieval Madness Remake SE (Supposed)

By AVH7401

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by AVH7401
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171216_174906 (resized).jpg
20171214_165824 (resized).jpg
20171214_165813 (resized).jpg
20171214_165803 (resized).jpg
20171214_165644 (resized).jpg
20171214_165638 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Please help me!

I have a Medieval Madness Remake Standard Edition. The castle destruction feature and ball locks are not registering. I had this same issue when I first received the game. I received help from ltg through an old thread on Pinside in which I discovered that the switch that activates both of these features had been knocked out of place and was only being held together by one screw (The other screw was believed to have been missing from manufacturing or lost during transportation). I am now having the same issue again. I have have looked at the switch and it seems to be normal. I have turned off and turned the machine back on to see if would help a few times, which it did not. I have had this problem since yesterday. I will include pictures of the switch that I believe the problem is with. Thank you in advance for anyone who helps.

20171214_165638 (resized).jpg

20171214_165644 (resized).jpg

20171214_165803 (resized).jpg

20171214_165813 (resized).jpg

20171214_165824 (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

Hey! I haven't had that exact switch issue, but I think if you post here:

You can post here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed
to get more mmr owners help

or

you can also use your warranty support through chicago gaming / LTG!
https://chicagogamingcompany.freshdesk.com/support/login

#3 2 years ago

step one is to put the game into switch test mode and see if you move the switch by hand if it triggers
step two is if it does trigger, then try using a ball moving through the space and see if it triggers still.. if not, adjust the blade and or switch. Sometimes the blade doesn't move enough to activate the switch, or sometimes the switch can bind if the screws are in too tight

if you can't trigger the switch in test even by hand.. then you need to look at the wiring and possibly the switch itself or the board it's connected to.

#4 2 years ago

^^^^^ This is your path to an answer and getting your machine up and running.
-Mike

#5 2 years ago

If the switch isn't working, try following it's wires to where it plugs onto a board nearby, and reseat it a couple times.

LTG : )

#6 2 years ago

The problem is solved! One of the wires that connect the switch to a board appears to have been torn off somehow. I believe that my father and I will be able to repair this ourselves. Thanks to northvibe , flynnibus , grizlyrig , and ltg for responding.

20171216_174906 (resized).jpg

5 months later
#7 1 year ago

Thanks for posting the photos - I was having problems figuring out where switch 44 was, and that schematic in the manual was confusing (to me). Seeing your photos helped me instantly find the switch and spot my problem. A screw backed out of the switch, and the switch was no longer properly aligned.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Thanks for posting the photos - I was having problems figuring out where switch 44 was, and that schematic in the manual was confusing (to me). Seeing your photos helped me instantly find the switch and spot my problem. A screw backed out of the switch, and the switch was no longer properly aligned.

No problem, brother. I was checking my favorite threads and was surprised to see that someone posted on this old thread of mine. Anyways, I hope that you resolve your issue so that you can enjoy your fully operating game! jfesler

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 11.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside