• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161214_231358 (resized).jpg
20161214_231429 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I have a switch in a Williams System 7 Cosmic Gunfight that registers roughly 9/10 times during gameplay.

In switch test mode I cannot get it to fail -- ever.

I have the action set to a hair trigger on it.

Can someone help me understand how I can get a switch to work perfectly 20/20 times in switch test, but fail 1-2 times out of 20 in real-game-play mode... I do not have this issue (to my knowledge) with any other switches on the PF, and I have a rebuilt 40-pin interconnect.

-mof

#2 7 years ago

Pics

20161214_231429 (resized).jpg20161214_231429 (resized).jpg

20161214_231358 (resized).jpg20161214_231358 (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

is that switch supposed to have a cap on it to hold the trigger a little longer?

#5 7 years ago

Op saw the response, no longer feel like being helpful overall.

#6 7 years ago

Great idea -- in this case it's the upper right orbit. I presume most shots hug the outer wall and approach the switch the same way. It is certainly not the same as me touching the switch by hand.

It's funny, I actually thought the switch was riding a bit high.

-mof

#7 7 years ago

Op saw the response, no longer feel like being helpful overall.

#8 7 years ago

I would try a capacitor on it. The rollover switches on the top lanes of my Centaur wouldn't always register until I put a cap on each one.

#9 7 years ago

I had the same thing on Comet upper lane rollovers and I used a bit of green pad to clean it. Initially adjusting closer did not help much. Now it works every time.

#10 7 years ago

1. I tried moving the switch 1/16" right for ball travel. No change.

2. I tried adding a cap to the switch. No change.

3. I opened up the gap on the switch from hair trigger to 1/16". Fixed

Ok, lesson learned -- don't set all switches to hair trigger distance like pops...

#11 7 years ago

Some great news is -- while trying to figure this out -- I found out two lamps were wired backwards at the factory. Red-blue and Red-violet.

WTF !!!

-mof

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/switch-doesnt-always-register and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.