• 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by SkillShot
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8791.JPG
IMG_20170303_014901 (resized).jpg
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

All out. Items shipped and tracked.

I guess we can leave this open for impressions?

#2 7 years ago

PM sent for Zelda.

#4 7 years ago

His "markup" is minimal, guys. After taxes and shipping, this is hardly a sinister profit scheme. He's not even making anything on Zelda at all.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

His "markup" is minimal, guys. After taxes and shipping, this is hardly a sinister profit scheme. He's not even making anything on Zelda at all.

I've got the same 2 items preordered.
Zelda price is break even, actually a loss once the seller pays for shipping.
Nintendo Switch is $75 profit not including cost to ship to someone.
Seller could earn a lot more on ebay.

#6 7 years ago

thanks guys.

Seriously - I was just about to respond the same and glad others jumped in. If I really wanted to flip, I would go right to ebay. Thought I would offer to the community here first as I'm keeping a switch and zelda for myself and had extras. I know a lot of you love videogames like I do and the people here are top notch.

You're not going to get a better deal than this if you're interested in either and want it launch day or around. I don't believe zelda specials are even made anymore.

#7 7 years ago

Hey OP, go to hell. Why not leave it IN STORE for some other kid to pick up instead of thinking of yourself. YOU are part of the problem.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Hey OP, go to hell. Why not leave it IN STORE for some other kid to pick up instead of thinking of yourself. YOU are part of the problem.

Really? do you know what world we live in "Lancestorm"? The time when some "kid" can walk in and get something like this on launch is over. I'm actually giving you the option to get it at a reasonable price. Jesus. Wake up. Otherwise, it's just another $200++ auction on ebay from some random guy to choose from.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Really? do you know what world we live in "Lancestorm"? The time when some "kid" can walk in and get something like this on launch is over. I'm actually giving you the option to get it at a reasonable price. Jesus. Wake up. Otherwise, it's just another $200 auction on ebay.

I haven't kept up lately with big N so is this an actual NEW Zelda game or yet another re-packaging, re-making of and earlier title? Thx!

#10 7 years ago

I know what world we live in. Unfortunately you are part of it, and that's the problem.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I haven't kept up lately with big N so is this an actual NEW Zelda game or yet another re-packaging, re-making of and earlier title? Thx!

Brand new - and based on impressions, potentially best ever (even better than OOT).

#12 7 years ago

Nintendo switch looks worse than the Wii U, and it has a terrible launch lineup. I'm sure Nintendo will keep the stock limited to drum up interest, but probably another failed system by them. A lot of its games are rehashed from previous systems. It doesn't look like this game system will get much 3rd party support and Nintendo has proven they can't churn out 1st party games fast enough.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Nintendo switch looks worse than the Wii U, and it has a terrible launch lineup. I'm sure Nintendo will keep the stock limited to drum up interest, but probably another failed system by them. A lot of its games are rehashed from previous systems. It doesn't look like this game system will get much 3rd party support and Nintendo has proven they can't churn out 1st party games fast enough.

Yeah - I have my doubts too but the new zelda plus the portability factor (never seen such a powerful portable) is enough for me to jump in.

#14 7 years ago

I considered getting it for road trips, but was a little disappointed with the battery. Also the Zelda game will be out for the Wii U...

#15 7 years ago

Same here but external chargers work on it. I also have a Wii U (modded even) but with that in mind, I still rather get the switch version based on the framerate drops and lower resolution. I'm a big zelda fan and apparently this game is setting the world on fire so I need the best version. Plus i want to play it while taking the metro to work.

#16 7 years ago

I'm a fan of Nintendo, but I never really got into the motion controls. Wii U felt gimmicky and they never really took advantage of the controller.

Nowadays, I just stick with the Xbox, kinda wish Nintendo would just make games instead of consoles. I'll keep my eyes on the system, but I'm not jumping at the opportunity. Could be the first Nintendo system I never owned.

Hope Zelda is everything you expect.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I'm a fan of Nintendo, but I never really got into the motion controls. Wii U felt gimmicky and they never really took advantage of the controller.
Nowadays, I just stick with the Xbox, kinda wish Nintendo would just make games instead of consoles. I'll keep my eyes on the system, but I'm not jumping at the opportunity. Could be the first Nintendo system I never owned.

You bought a virtual boy?

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I personally think Nintendo is missing the boat. They should make some "Greatest Hits" games for both the Xbox and PS4. I think there are a lot of us that would buy them, and it might make some people buy the Nintendo system to play some of the newer stuff.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

I personally think Nintendo is missing the boat. They should make some "Greatest Hits" games for both the Xbox and PS4. I think there are a lot of us that would buy them, and it might make some people buy the Nintendo system to play some of the newer stuff.

It wouldn't make business sense. Nintendo is the only company that makes good profit on hardware sales. By keeping all their games exclusive, they drive their own hardware sales. They wouldn't make enough in software sales on other consoles to justify cannibalizing their own hardware sales. Look what happened to Sega when they went 3rd party. It hasn't gone super well for them.

From Mashable in July 2016, "The share price increase has sent Nintendo's market capitalization — the value of the company based on its stock price — to more than $40 billion. That's more than one of its rivals in the video game industry, Sony, which is around $38 billion."

Nintendo isn't missing any boats. They're doing just fine. They sell less hardware, but they're more profitable in the end. I'm sure they'd like to sell more, like any business would, but not at the expense of overall profits.

#20 7 years ago

Think about this:

Nintendo NES and SNES games with ONLINE capabilities. Sell them all again.

= $$$$

#21 7 years ago

I wouldn't touch nintendo with a 20' foot pole.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

You bought a virtual boy?

I have two of them. Galatic Pinball is tits.

And yeah...OP..... get outta here.

Quoted from JonH123:

Zelda price is break even, actually a loss once the seller pays for shipping.

Really? Shipping is 45 bucks? There ain't no way. I'm assuming per his wording that he didn't mean the Master edition. Then you're potentially right (though I still don't think it would be like 20 bucks to ship...but prices on shipping have gone full retard lately too..).

I'm either going to sit in front of Best Buy for 15+ hours, or I won't get one on launch day. And before you even make the argument that I could work those hours and just pay to buy it....parking my keester in front of the store is a social event...there's more than just a dollar value on that. I had a lot of fun and actually discovered a tabletop game that remains my all time favorite during the ~18 hours I was in the 360 line. I did it for the Wii as well, and no regrets at all. I just can't support people gouging, and that's exactly what this is, regardless of the AMOUNT of profit being made. Point is, these could have been in the hands of other people that actually wanted them, at no additional cost to those people, if this guy hadn't jacked however many he has. If he had a genuine interest in specifically 'helping out the pinside community'... why wait until the very last second to mention this? Could've been mentioned in the retro gaming thread at the time he secured the preorders.

I don't know the first thing about the OP, but I know that skepticism is more reliable than blind trust. Nobody buys a bunch of consoles for preorder on launch day just because they're feeling particularly altruistic. Come on people, Occam's Razor here knocking at your door... it's a videogame console with a very limited launch selection. It's not the end of the world if you don't have it in 2 days. Don't encourage this crap and pay a totally unnecessary premium on it just to show off your e-dick.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I don't know the first thing about the OP, but I know that skepticism is more reliable than blind trust. Nobody buys a bunch of consoles for preorder on launch day just because they're feeling particularly altruistic. Come on people, Occam's Razor here knocking at your door... it's a videogame console with a very limited launch selection. It's not the end of the world if you don't have it in 2 days. Don't encourage this crap and pay a totally unnecessary premium on it just to show off your e-dick.

It's not even for me. I've been trying real hard to find my friend a copy of Zelda (assuming it's actually the Master Edition since the OP called it the Special Edition). He's a super fan, and I already have my copy taken care of. Getting this at very minimal markup is more than fair.

I get stuff direct from Nintendo for review. Mine, along with several of the games, are supposed to be showing up tonight or tomorrow. I'm pretty excited about it.

I don't know that we're going to see a major shortage at launch. It won't be EASY to find, but by most accounts Nintendo has shipped quite a lot of these things compared to other launches. Stores were reporting anywhere from 60-90 consoles per store, which is pretty high for a console launch. Walk-in buyers should have decent luck at midnight releases in most places.

#24 7 years ago

I'm guessing this is not the master sword edition. Just the special edition or op would be asking 200+

You could still order the special edition for retail cost on Dell's website a day or two ago, not sure if they still have any left.

#25 7 years ago

guys - this is the SPECIAL edition of zelda (as describe in the post - JAR 155 I PM'd you FYI). With tax and shipping on the product then shipping cost on my end to send, it's almost the same amount I'm asking. Again - these are sold out so offering them here.

Master edition is like the special but also has the master sword and goes for an insane amount (400+) on ebay. Not worth it if you ask me.

#26 7 years ago

Special Edition is fine. Still works for my buddy.

#27 7 years ago

buy it here for 99$ from a retail shop

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-special-edition-nintendo-switch/apd/a9550651/gaming

edit nvm link to get it in your cart is broken, guess it is sold out there now too.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Zelda Special Edition is $100. The Master Edition was more.

#30 7 years ago

500+ bucks for Zelda and the new Switch console...

Hmmm not sure if that is worth a weeks' worth of playing time...

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Zelda Special Edition is $100. The Master Edition was more.

Right, but it's still lower than eBay pricing. Again, it's going to my friend, and this is well within his price range.

#32 7 years ago

I wonder how long it'll be until I can walk into a store and buy a Switch. I still haven't seen the Classic NES on shelves.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I wonder how long it'll be until I can walk into a store and buy a Switch. I still haven't seen the Classic NES on shelves.

Best Buy and Walmart stores are all getting good numbers at launch. 60+ per store. I think the NES Minis were like 5-10 per store. What remains to be seen is how fast second and third waves of stock comes in and if shipments are just as big.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

500+ bucks for Zelda and the new Switch console...
Hmmm not sure if that is worth a weeks' worth of playing time...

A week!? Well, I guess if you have nothing to do than play it 24/7 ...this game is a huge open world and from what I've read doesn't hold your hand at all like the past few Zeldas. I'm fully prepared to be lost in this game for months!

It's kind of funny seeing someone complain about the price of a video game compared to what we spend on pinball. I'm getting my $299 Switch and $99 Zelda Special Edition on Friday...the price of a ColorDMD lol I'm going to have this amazing new system and game!

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

.the price of a ColorDMD lol

It's also funny to see a guy with plenty of money not respect the opinions of those with less generous budgets, but hey...that's been the modus operandi around here for A LONG TIME, right? I don't see this as "LOL, THE THING IS SO CHEAP!" I see it as "Good lord, ColorDMD is horrendously overpriced because it's a niche market product that could never sell enough to get the cost down to something even remotely in the scale of a retail product." If it takes 200 man hours to colorize a game for Color DMD, it's not even farting in the general direction of the timescale in man hours of development of a console game. Difference plain and simple is volume of sales. Zelda will sell millions. One ColorDMD title might sell a few hundred at best. Comparing the two as if they exist in a void and are even remotely equal is complete weaksauce, man.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

A week!? Well, I guess if you have nothing to do than play it 24/7 ...this game is a huge open world and from what I've read doesn't hold your hand at all like the past few Zeldas. I'm fully prepared to be lost in this game for months!
It's kind of funny seeing someone complain about the price of a video game compared to what we spend on pinball. I'm getting my $299 Switch and $99 Zelda Special Edition on Friday...the price of a ColorDMD lol I'm going to have this amazing new system and game!

It must be nice to have 24 pins and afford ColorDMDs for all your games... I love being trolled by rich jackasses.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

It must be nice to have 24 pins and afford ColorDMDs for all your games... I love being trolled by rich jackasses.

Thanks for the judgmental fuckery.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

It's also funny to see a guy with plenty of money not respect the opinions of those with less generous budgets, but hey...that's been the modus operandi around here for A LONG TIME, right? I don't see this as "LOL, THE THING IS SO CHEAP!" I see it as "Good lord, ColorDMD is horrendously overpriced because it's a niche market product that could never sell enough to get the cost down to something even remotely in the scale of a retail product." If it takes 200 man hours to colorize a game for Color DMD, it's not even farting in the general direction of the timescale in man hours of development of a console game. Difference plain and simple is volume of sales. Zelda will sell millions. One ColorDMD title might sell a few hundred at best. Comparing the two as if they exist in a void and are even remotely equal is complete weaksauce, man.

Holy out of context rant, Fraxman. I was merely making the point that when you've been around the pinball hobby long enough, $299 for a new video game console seems cheap.

Meanwhile, the OP is scalping this thing ...go rag on him.

Zelda is 20% off on Amazon Prime if you just want the regular edition without the extra crap. $48 gets you the game for the budget conscious.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

I love being trolled by rich jackasses.

Uncalled for.

@rarehero, for what it's worth, I've never considered you rich.

#41 7 years ago

The only time to scalp the Switch will be launch. I love Nintendo but they just can not get with the times. I'll snag a Wii U and play the new Zelda for next to nothing in a couple months. If you feel the Wii U was good then the Switch is for you but don't expect it to last any longer or have any more support than the Wii U did.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Really? do you know what world we live in "Lancestorm"? The time when some "kid" can walk in and get something like this on launch is over. I'm actually giving you the option to get it at a reasonable price. Jesus. Wake up. Otherwise, it's just another $200++ auction on ebay from some random guy to choose from.

I disagree, I was able to get a Wii and Wii U both on launch days. Did not have a preorder and stood in line an hour or less.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Uncalled for.
rarehero, for what it's worth, I've never considered you rich.

Thank you, me either.

#44 7 years ago

lucky man to have a wii without a pre order. I remember standing in the rain for an xbox 360. What a system that was

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If you feel the Wii U was good then the Switch is for you but don't expect it to last any longer or have any more support than the Wii U did.

The Wii U was actually quite good, it's just Nintendo royally screwed up a few things for it, namely trying to explain why you wanted a second screen for it and calling it the Wii U to begin with. If they had marketed it as the TVDS or something, I think people would have instantly figured out why that was a good thing. Then, if the stupid controller could have been taken 50 feet from the system without losing it's link, it could have been used as a "local" handheld the way I expected it too.

Having said that, if you like old school-esque games, the Wii U had great ones in spades. Donkey Kong Country, Mario 3D World, Yoshi, etc. yes, many of these were first party games, but they were outstanding. Splatoon may be the best new IP in ages, and overall, the system had a lot of stuff really going for it. But, Nintendo screwed up the marketing for it royally and never really got back into it.

I think that you'll be able to find Switches easily starting about 3/10. Nintendo wants to sell this thing. I think that if it holds up to the promise that it will be a great Nintendo portable system as well as a great Nintendo home console, they'll do great. No one else makes a portable that is taken seriously at all (I love my Vita, but let's be real - you can't buy games for them at stores like Target, Best Buy or WalMart). If this becomes Nintendo's way of selling us all on a new portable that I can happen to hook up to my TV, my answer is OK

I wish the peripherals weren't so much, but I think they are trying to make this a portable first. We'll see. I'm stupid excited for Bomberman, and can care less about Zelda. Of course, decided to pre-order Bomberman tonight and it's sold out on Amazon

#46 7 years ago

The WiiU is quite an amazing system! It really deserves more love than it got. I'm going to miss the Miiverse - it was silly, but it was good fun drawing pix and having them show up in games.

I wonder if the Switch was going to be called the sWIItch at any time during its development.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I'm going to miss the Miiverse - it was silly, but it was good fun drawing pix and having them show up in games.

Yeah, I also thought that was one of the neatest features of that system. It was also surprisingly useful in a few games like Super Mario Maker where people would post little comments about what was going on.

#48 7 years ago

Nintendo's market share rose big time with Pokémon go, not because of its consoles. Sony currently has a higher market share and if this Switch system bombs look at Nintendo's to dive deeper. Hard for a system to thrive without 3rd party support, which will lead to limited games.

Sega didn't thrive because they make poor games. Sonic hasn't been good for a very long time. A Mario game would sell very strong on PS4 and Xbox, much like it did on mobile devices.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

. A Mario game would sell very strong on PS4 and Xbox, much like it did on mobile devices.

Actually Mario didn't do that great on mobile. I thought it as amazing, but I'm a Nintendo nerd. The app buying public thought $10 was too much for an awesome Mario game. Nintendo thrives on Nintendo hardware. Wii U was a marketing disaster and people are really nostalgic for Nintendo right now. The Switch concept is ultra clear - this March soft launch will make the hardcores happy and get interest out there. For most people, this is the first Nintendo system since Wii...and I think it's gonna sell HUGE this Xmas for Mario Odyssey...and by then will also have a really nice "launch" lineup for 1st (Zelda, Mario Kart, Splatoon, etc) and 3rd party games.

#50 7 years ago

Guys, I love Nintendo...love my Wii U...and am VERY excited for the Switch. But all these conversations should continue in one of the video game threads. Right now all these bumps (yes, including mine) are helping a scalper do his scalping and that is some BS. I'm amazed that this is apparently OK with Pinside... :/

Zelda special edition retailed at $100. Best Buy GCU or Amazon Prime preorders were $80. Free shipping. I get that these are sold out and likely not being restocked so a mark-up is expected, but please do not pretend that you are "barely breaking even" at $45-$65 over what you paid. If this was the master edition...then sure...play the martyr card that you are doing us a favor. But...it's not.

Switch console retails at $300 and will be readily available (maybe not next week, but soon enough). Free shipping most places, or just walk into a local store. There is zero reason to pay this guy a ~30% mark up.

Let's not continue to support this scalping trend that has been making recent Nintendo releases a pain in the butt for those of us who just want to play, not use them as a way to make a quick buck.

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/switch-and-zelda-special?hl=crater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.