Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by zaza
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2_lug.jpg
TB.jpg
switched__C-Nc.jpg
switch_C-No-Nc.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Ok..this is my first pin...everything is working pretty well. Here is my newb question...I've had it for a few months now. Sometimes the left loop switch would stick, and if the ball drained out the right outlane, another switch would close. I switched out the left loop switch for a new one and all is well and is no longer sticking...now my question...

If those 2 switches are both held down manually in switch edge mode, it activates the right ramp exit 2 switch...is that normal? The diodes are all facing the correct location (black side facing the white wire and silver bar by itself on the last leg of the switch) I am not sure if its just because the 2 switches are open together, that it causes that issue to occur...thank you and I hope this makes sense!!

Dan

#2 5 years ago

#3 5 years ago

Matrix issues can be a challenge - especially if you don't know how they work. That video will help with debugging your issue.

#4 5 years ago

It's not ok to trigger another switch. Check all switches for wrong connection.
check first the two white stand up targets at the middle ramp, because they break often and people tend to connect them wrong.

#5 5 years ago

its only triggering a 3rd switch if i hold down 2 at the same time...

#6 5 years ago

You could hold down five switches and it shouldn't trigger another switch. Just check them all.

#7 5 years ago

ok sounds good...ill keep trying!

#8 5 years ago

Matrix. Short or bad diode.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

The diodes are all facing the correct location (black side facing the white wire and silver bar by itself on the last leg of the switch)

That sounds correct but be sure the white wire is connected to 'normally closed'
switch C-No-Nc.jpg

#10 5 years ago

I've switched out every diode on the 4 corners...the 4th corner is an always closed switch..and it shows as always closed in the matrix...does that always closed switch have an actual switch with a diode?

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

That sounds correct but be sure the white wire is connected to 'normally closed'
switch C-No-Nc.jpg

That was the issue...starting looking at every switch in the 4 corners, and sure enough, right outlane was wired to common...the game was bought that way, so when i replaced the switch, i just kept it the same without looking!! Thank you so much!!!

Daniel

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Thank you so much!!!

:thumbs up:

With a closed switch it would connect 'white' and 'green' wire to each other without the diode and so giving a wrong switch matrix reading.
switched C-Nc.jpg

#13 5 years ago

its funny because its been an issue for a few months now...i never even realized it...im very happy you said this..as silly as it is, its something to check!

#14 5 years ago

I love the satisfaction of finding a problem that the previous owner never knew existed!

#15 5 years ago

Congrats on spotting the issue OP--that's a tough one when the game comes wired incorrectly.

Hey zaza, mind if I steal your graphics for my website? One for leaf switches would also be cool (hint, hint).

#16 5 years ago

Hey Terry,
Yes you can steal it, no problem.
Do you mean something like this with leaf switch ?
TB.jpg

#17 5 years ago

Those are good pictures. The way switches are wired is probably not as obvious as it should be.

Q: Why are there three lugs!?
A: Well, there really aren't. One isn't attached to anything and just provides a convenient place to attach the diode to the wire.

#18 5 years ago

mot, i never knew that was the reason for the 3rd lug..lol..see I am still learning...his pics helped me last night tremendously!!

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

Do you mean something like this with leaf switch ?

Perfect.

#20 5 years ago

You're welcome.

Quoted from mot:

........ and just provides a convenient place to attach the diode to the wire.

This is how it would look like with 2 lugs. ( In many cases it would have 2x2 wires attached. )
2 lug.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside