• 488 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you pay in the ball park of $800 AUD for ball inactive mech / mod ?”

• Yes - if it is ball interractive and game play enhancing I am willing to support 22 votes
    35%
  • No - it is just too much, sorry. 25 votes
    40%
  • Just interested and want to see where this goes. 15 votes
    24%

(62 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2023-11-25 at 7.39.40 am (resized).png
DSC01600 (resized).JPG
DSC01593 (resized).JPG
DSC01591 (resized).JPG
Black Friday Parts (resized).png
Black Friday Sale Brochure (resized).png
Stern - GB - Storage Facility v3.1 (resized).JPG
Stern - GB - Storage Facility v3.2 (resized).JPG
239878088_1822562151279693_3067666639078509713_n (resized).jpg
241201955_1822562204613021_3583204789476506871_n (resized).jpg
240586878_1822562114613030_4143517214553626040_n (resized).jpg
Left (resized).jpg
Right (resized).jpg
26A144B3-5881-41AC-8FA0-44ED4CFDB89B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
34177ED3-B0C8-4BF5-A225-09533C0700A4_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E20A1151-771E-4442-98DF-9F644AFEA2D5_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #407 Integration mod - Apron Indicator Gauge Posted by swinks (2 years ago)

Post #408 Integration mod - Rules proposal Posted by swinks (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eyeamred2u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 2 years ago

Here is inside of my USA door

64602118074__B2619537-E123-4B79-B79F-CB86DAF3E2FC (resized).jpg64602118074__B2619537-E123-4B79-B79F-CB86DAF3E2FC (resized).jpg
#61 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Update 7-9-21
- made a iphone camera mount to get some video
- captured a video of the protons in action
- ordered professional 3d printed parts and should be in my hot little hands at the end of next week to 2 weeks time
- lots of small final parts ordered - in total the mod is made up of approx. 160 parts.
here is the video
This is a video of my proto-type Ghostbuster Proton Guns mod in action in my Ghostbusters Pro. The proto-production parts have been ordered so the final product will be different in looks to these and then will be ready to sell / take orders in a few weeks.
Footage is during a multi-ball and below are the approximate key moments that the Proton Gun Mod does it's thing.
0:19 seconds - activated too late and catches the ball and then releases
0:54 seconds - rhs lane block
0:59 seconds - lhs lane block
1:04 seconds - rhs lane block
1:07 seconds - lhs lane block
1:22 seconds - lhs lane block
1:30 seconds - ball hop
2:04 seconds - rhs ball redirection
2:15 seconds - rhs - missed blocking the ball
Hope this gives you a idea of what is too come, but lights being added and more details added.

Swinks, this is amazing work. When this lights up, it is gonna kick some serious ghost butt!

Ken

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Update - 8-9-21
- a few people have asked and when I get the sample proto-production parts in and I test out, install etc I can then firm up the price for the mod as it is.
- currently the mod is active all the time and up to the player to activate the foot switch to trigger the proton guns when you want them - therefore kids can stand on the foot switch all day long and the lanes close up when the foot pedal is pressed and for the better players you activate when you need / want it.
- another option is there are 2 pads on the current 2 x servo pcb's that you can connect with a dab of solder and this changes the response of the servo in that once you push the foot switch it will go from poition A to B and back to A in a cycle so the timing needs to be just right making it more challenging as regardless of standing on the foot switch it will only move and block the lanes momentarily and return straight away to it's stowed away position.
- lastly as much as I would love to do an integrated system where say you run over each in-lane - it then charges the proton guns to then be able to use for say 10 seconds. It would glow up the red inserts near the guns as indicators of charged and ready to use. But in adding the design time, proto-typing, additional pcb, mini arduino, 4 inputs and leds etc etc at a guess would add another $150-200AUD per mod in which I would probably only then sell a few mods as the price is getting around $1000 AUD negating proceeding with the mod at all due to my current situation and lack of pcb design knowledge.
So in summary if anyone ONLY wants the mod with full integration, please let me know so I can then decide how to proceed.
cheers
Jady

Oh yeah, I like this and would pay for this option.

1 week later
#81 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Update 21-9-21
- Professional printed in solid black nylon from Singapore have just arrived and they look real nice which is great as helps me get close to finalising the price.
- D-Shaft and proton rod materials have arrived
- waiting on - wiring to plug between pcbs and servos
- waiting on - stainless steel plates - should be ready by the end of the week and then need to be posted as we are still in lockdown and will be for another 4 weeks
- hope to assemble the playfield brackets and do as much as I can this week and will post some progress pictures soon
Jady
[quoted image][quoted image]

Booom goes the dynamite!! Can't wait! Take my money!

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

thanks ToucanF16
also a note to everyone the streams will only light up when you activate the guns with the footswitch, so when not in use is a cloudy rod that disappears a bit into the surrounding art.

Amazing work. I wish the light could make the proton beam effect but hey I am a dreamer. Can't wait to install this in my game. You good sir are create beautiful mods.

Ken

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Hey eyeamred2u , I wish that too but the rod is only 5mm in dia and is solid so slightly challenging but still researching

That was my 1st thought was the rod length and light wave limitations.

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Hey eyeamred2u , I wish that too but the rod is only 5mm in dia and is solid so slightly challenging but still researching

Not sure if this helps, I know they make a pico led

https://evandesigns.com/products/flickering-led

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Cheers for the link eyeamred2u ,
yes I have experimented and the tried a number of LEDs:
- flickering looks cool in the right place but when trying to light up a 135/140mm long rod it is dull and the pico's don't throw much in this application
- flashing has a little bit better colours and brightness as the intensity is higher but red and blue don't fit the colours - better for the police theme thing
- then tried single colours and the pink is the brightest (even over white) and fits the theme the best as the playfield art is purple and almost pink
- also used el wire back in the early Snackbar Mod days and while it is cool, the power and stiffness added to a moving part at the back is not good and just don't have the diameter

Quoted from swinks:

Cheers for the link eyeamred2u ,
yes I have experimented and the tried a number of LEDs:
- flickering looks cool in the right place but when trying to light up a 135/140mm long rod it is dull and the pico's don't throw much in this application
- flashing has a little bit better colours and brightness as the intensity is higher but red and blue don't fit the colours - better for the police theme thing
- then tried single colours and the pink is the brightest (even over white) and fits the theme the best as the playfield art is purple and almost pink
- also used el wire back in the early Snackbar Mod days and while it is cool, the power and stiffness added to a moving part at the back is not good and just don't have the diameter

Yeah, I figured you ruled out many scenarios so I will be happy with your final product.

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Update 2-10-21
- wiring all came in
- finished the kit - came in at 1.2kgs for everything and have fitted most of it to the game.
- need to install the proton beam lights tomorrow
- identified a few small changes that would be beneficial with the bracket that fastens to the stainless steel plate but very happy with the full assemble and look inside the game
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great.

Is there room to run that cabling on the inside of the cabinet if we wanted to drill a hole into the bottom of the cabinet? Not sure how the connection is made on the backside to allow for alternate routing. Just thinking outloud. We are super excited for this Mod!

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I hope this won't be to difficult to install.I'm not really a tech.guy?

Heck no, looks super easy, some nuts n bolt. Plug n play all the way is how swinks rolls.

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Update - 3-10-21
Hey guys, I am all good for questions and thinking out loud.
Overall I try my best to always make sure the mod can be re-moveable with no damage to your game. On this occasion if you opt for the hole through the bottom over using the door that is permanent but I will design and make a file available for a 3d printed cover plate / bung. And then 5 x screws to fasten the 2 x mechs to the underside of your playfield - though if you remove the mech do not put the screws back in as they will then go through your playfield due to the added length - bag the screws with the mod) - other than that bolt in and good to use and unbolt to remove from your game and no one would know. My Snackbar mod had a 20 page PDF downloadable manual with coloured pictures and step by step breakdown and 99.9% of Snackbar owners did not have to ask any questions of how to install.
I keep my manuals here:
https://swinks.com.au/manuals
Now to answer some questions for hawkmoon TicTacSeth eyeamred2u and help others understand the mod and my approach
Ease of Mod to Install:
- IMPORTANT NOTE - NO SOLDERING REQUIRED
- 5 x screws to fasten 2 x mechs to playfield
- 2 x allen key bolts to loosen and remove guns from the playfield mechs, install the mechs and then re-install the guns
- 4 to 6 x nut remove and reassemble at the coin door for the power and servo driver boards
- plug in some supplied wires (which I will order some decals to define LHS and RHS)
- some cable ties
- all bolt heads have a metric allen key - I will supply 3 x different sizes - only one is needed for assembly and other 2 are just incase mod servicing / adjusting is required in the future.
- mod will come pre-programmed and roughly set and you just need to adjust with a jewelers screwdriver (phillips)
- will have a step by step manual walking you through - will create this once I get at least a batch of sales - already captured alot of photos yesterday
- I opted for these type of boards as then no one needs to program anything except for a small screwdriver to fine tune the proton gun settings to your liking.
- part of the manual will be an exploded view drawing of a few of the assemblies so you will know how to pull apart and re-assemble - not sure why but it helps to service and there is over 150 parts to this mod.
Cables Coming In:
- yes currently showing the cables coming in through the door = equals totally reverse-able mod
- but I will be converting myself to a hole in the base and cable gland or a screw in ring through the bottom front left corner so cables can not be seen
- I will design a different coin door cover plate for this approach so you can still power off and see a pretty light.
- if you want to go through the bottom it is a matter of disconnecting 2 cables (power and foot-switch) from the terminal strip, pass through the hole and reconnect - easy
Getting Power for the Mod:
- I will be supplying a power brick - 5vdc / 2amp without the kettle power lead so you will need to source the lead between the wall and the power brick - over here that part is $10AUD
- the mod pulls a max of about 0.750 amps and that is when the servos are activated and then drops down to about 0.080 amps at rest and at proton gun hold open mode.
- ALTERNATIVELY if you have a power mod from say Pinball Life you can get 5vdc power from that - you need to ensure the game has 1 Amp available power in 5vdc. Simply take power from that and screw into 2 described connection points and you can use the games power but if anything goes wrong that is on you. But I will discount the mod $20AUD off as you will not need the power brick.
- For me to supply the power mod say from Pinball Life it costs me to buy, ship to Australia and then ship back to you and will add more cost to the mod plus I want the mod to be totally independent of the games power as then no risk to damaging any boards.
Hope that helps and there are no dumb questions - ask away
Jady

I believe Pinball Life's Power mod only provide 1/2 amp for 5 volt. May want to check on that. Could be wrong, as I usually am.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

cheers, but I have no intention of using any of the connectable power supplies, just was giving that option if it exists but not a fan of pulling power from a boardset and don't want to be responsible for a Node Board Failure
PinballLife power products are these, but lack info on the amount of amps they support and if it supplies 5vdc
https://www.pinballlife.com/8-way-power-splitter-board-for-stern-pinball-machines-using-the-spike-spike-2-system.html?Category_Code=
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-600-0489-00
This one notes 5vdc but only 1/2 amp like you stated but not enough for this mod.
https://www.pinballlife.com/accessory-power-supply-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-machines-backbox-mounting.html

Correct, that is why I mentioned one of their power mods as I bought a game that had one installed. Nice product for mods, but you provide your amps whereas others do not. This information matters.

I will be using your power brick to run your mod.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Update - 3-10-21
- Proton Guns are charged and ready, and light up when activated
- manual is 3/4 written up
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

10 people! I know I need this! So c'mon GB fans put up or shut up, Jady works so hard for us, that this Mod is gonna be great on your game.

Ken

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Has a total price been mentioned yet?
Sure, I’m interested, but pricing will determine if I’m seriously interested…

Some serious work went into, so the price is going to shock most, but have you seen people paying $3000.00 for the Ecto-1 Topper? This is not that expensive.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

- I got custom stainless steel plates for 55 units so at the moment that my max build quantity
- I will on do batches of 10 at a time as I just can't afford to do larger batches and unless I jumped to 50 / 100 there isn't alot more savings to be gained but alot more financial risk to me.
- I have now got 30 people on the list but sure 25-50% will bail once all the info is presented and I ask for their position to support or out.
I think it will be naturally limited but appreciate the suggestion though my mind still boggles on the crazy prices paid for the toppers that sit there and being sold at fours times the price

I the price is more than fair for what is involved.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Looks awesome and will PM you separately
Just one q: Sorry if I missed this somewhere, however being OCD about cables, can the external cabling plug in and out at the coin door? That way when not playing, the external cabling can be stored - and conversely plugged in for use only during gameplay.
Thanks!

Already been discussed, just read back a few posts earlier and your OCD will calm down.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I like the coindoor cable access I don’t want to drill my cabinet .
Besides it will look like a proton cable attachment point .
Give me the plate!

The plate is an on/off feature as well. So it is nice to have both options, drill or no drill.

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I hope that helps answer some queries and will get onto the manual and pricing and weekend with the kids
chat soon
Jady

I understand it perfectly. I am locked in 100%.

Ken

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Very helpful, thank you for the detailed explanation!
Will you be able to share pics of the production unit for BOTH options? More so interested in what the outside cabinet appearance will look like with the foot pedal and cable. If you are not drilling your cabinet I understand but maybe a mock-up would work here.
Also for people with powder coated coin doors, what is our option with the plate? I assume that’s metal and can be powder coated but the front cover plate I assume is plastic, right? It can be removed?

Pic posted earlier in this thread of the cabling and pedal and door, just go back through the thread, very nice pics of what it looks like.

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Has the price been announced yet?

Convert from AUD to US dollars.

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Thanks everyone for the interest in the thread and via PM for this mod
The list is up to 40 with a max of 54 and I have the 1st making 55 units in total.
Read the details in this attachment and let me know via message:
- if you are still in or out (I will not be offended if too much or not integrated to your expectation)
- your preference for a 2va or 2vb
- your preference for the pedal colour which I will try my hardest to make it come true for you, but comes down to pedal availability.
Once I start hearing from people and hit at least 15 people I will start ordering parts and the first 10 should be ready in the 3-4 weeks to send out and I will go from there.
If I don't hear from you I will be reach out in a few days - if you wait too long you will be bumped down the list.
Please be understanding of my position on the mod as this is the best I can do - re price and level of use / integration.
If I can find a better payment option with less fees (open for suggestions) I can reduce the cost of mod total as the price does factor in $25 paypal merchandise fees.
[quoted image]

I am in, If you need me to PM to confirm, let me know in PM.

2 weeks later
#205 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Update 28-10-21
production status of first 10 kits
- some professionally printed parts should arrive today with rest arriving early next week
- servos and servo driver boards will arrive early next week
- picked up switches etc and will be finishing off 10 sets and starting next 10 sets of wiring
- picked up enough bolts and hardware etc for 30 sets
- and last piece of the puzzle ordered last night - cabling name tags so you can identify which cable is which.
[quoted image]

Sweeeetness!

1 week later
#211 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

great to hear mate, was worried no one was reading or caring and was thinking of stopping them.
weather is going to crap tomorrow so painting day today to the guns and cover plates (batch of 10) and then tomorrow final assembly starts, plus still need to make the gun lighting power leads for the batch.

You shut your mouth!!! I will get on a plane, risk the Covid madness, and me and you will enjoy a pint or two, lol then I will go home with this awesome mod.

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Update 5-11-21
For the first batch of Proton Gun Kits
- all parts are all now painted - few technical issues with the airbrush yesterday so flowed into today
- fitted up first set to check shaft lengths and fitted up the first door plate kit and working out cable lengths before chopping everything up.
- guns reamed out, threaded and bolts inserted
Have been having a few interviews and daughter sick after covid injection so not tracking as fast as hoped - hope to complete mid next week though the goal was 7th Nov - sorry for everyone waiting.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

No worries, Waiting is what we do best, plus Family always comes 1st.

#229 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Interesting, I don’t mind the front, but looking at it though the base, looks so clean with that part I don’t mind that either. I might roll that way!

swinks has a strict no flip-flop rule! Lol just kiddin. It's a tough call. It's nice to have both options. If you are a purist, you will not drill into your cabinet I guess

#238 2 years ago

Payment is ready.

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Lastly I have only got response from one person for the next batch - Batch 2.
I will send out messages soon to those people, but if I do not get responses soon I can't order parts soon and the flow on is it will affect everyone's delivery date especially since we are coming up to Christmas.

Come on, please get the information in. Takes a few minutes. I did my part.

2 weeks later
#270 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Service Bulletin 2 added to the website

Once again. THANK YOU! You are working overtime on this and I for one appreciate the effort. I am certain others share my sentiment.

Ken

1 month later
#300 2 years ago

Finally installed the kit today, went great. Had to ask some questions, which Jady answered fast and perfectly, which helped me narrow down that my RHS did not Home itself upon initialization, which caused confusion on my part. However, I went over the manual(Rev. 3), Reviewed my installation and then finally the servo initialized to Home and this Mod is killing it now. Thanks Jady. Happy New Years.

20220115_170802 (resized).jpg20220115_170802 (resized).jpg20220115_170825 (resized).jpg20220115_170825 (resized).jpg
#302 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

great to hear eyeamred2u and based on our conversations I will reorganise the manual a little, add a few more photos and improve some minor details. Look out for Rev4 Manual coming soon.
thanks for constructive feedback and working through the minor issues with me
enjoy the mod and interested to hear what your kids thought as well....

I am still waiting to play...lol

#315 2 years ago

Nice update on the manual.

Really like the Spare part availability.

Ken

#317 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Update 23-1-22
- as mentioned 5 of the 13 kits (Batch 3) have been sent last Friday with all tracking links sent out to those people.
- another 4 kits have been paid for over the weekend and will be sent tomorrow (Monday) and tracking links sent to those people tomorrow afternoon.
- and just sent reminders out to remaining 4 people to pay otherwise on the 28th Jan these become available for purchase if there is no communication at all - I already have 1 person already waiting and hoping. Reminders sent to haiderdj NYG Acejedi Ghiandalf
Where to from here....
- I have made 36 kits and at the moment will be capping it at 55 kits for at least the first half a year = so 19 more kits available
- I will keep taking names and I need at least 5 people per batch of 10 to activate me buying the 3d printed parts, servos and servo boards, foot pedals and power supplies for that batch of 10 - - - basically the expensive parts. I will not start until there is at least 5 people on the wait list.
Integration kit ....
- will then mean the protons have to be earned and then have timed use - aiming for 6 different rules / mode types to select from
- since I do not have enough people to activate the next batch of proton guns I will investigate this add on upgrade kit and start doing some tests and then make a start if we have some success with the tests. Like I have said in the past this is not a guarantee but am wanting to do this.

I am all in on this integration feature, if it can be done.

Ken

#327 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

So here is pics of wire exiting coin door.
So as not rub art work I wrapped around out side of leg. No rub!
I am going to remove brick wire ( power supply) an tie in to game power switch.
I just ordered some quick connect stacons.
Will do that when they arrive .
This will cut brick power off when game is off and I can hide brick in cab.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Only 1 pic loaded

#345 2 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

Finally found some time to install this mod Jady. It's a huge hit!
[quoted image]

Yes! Youth loving pinball and swinks is a big part of it with his mod.

#348 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Update 4-2-22
Integrated Kit Development
- Magnets arrived and designed and half made MRS rev 3 - will test today
- Double Stacking micros switches - ordered and got the same microswitches for double stacking Stern Rollover Switches - concept works but up to testing rev 5:
rev 1 & 2 - using the same lever position as per standard switch = too much tension on the roll over wire and the blocks the ball
rev 3,4 & 5 - used 2 lever position which reduces the tension on the roll over wire as the wire has to effectively push 2 switches in, will test today
- have another idea / way to possibly sense the in-lane switches - off to the electronics shop today
I am not giving up just yet but if I can not create a solution the integrated kit will cease - though open to any tips / advice....

Would opto's work?

2 weeks later
#364 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Update - 18-2-22
Proton Gun Kits
- 36 kits have gone out and almost all should have reached their owners
- have 2 more people on the list but need 2 more to cover cost of the next batch - parts only
Integrated Kit
- waiting on trigger finger boards to arrive - sometime next week I hope to install into the game to then ensure each lane registers the ball passing - this is how charging the protons will work
- have assembled a servo testing kit to send to stumblor in the UK so he can assist me with PCB design and programming
- have gone a different direction with the charging gauge. A few people let me know and weren't terribly keen on the loosing a playfield card to have the proton pack pcb and custom card where one of the apron cards would sit and also not alot of room.

NOW - I need some feedback guys, please.
My new idea is to have a proton gun charge up gauge that will sit over the shooter lane gauge where you would check out the distance you pull back the plunger - I never use it so figure the gauge could sit over the top of this. The gauge would be universal for the Pro (Plastic Apron) and Premium / LE (Steel Apron) with a strong magnet to hold it in place blocking that small window but utilising this area for a slim gauge assembly which will have 4 vertical light up gauge indicators. The indicators represent the lhs to rhs in-lanes to the flippers in that order.
- For a rule set where running over a in-lane just needs to be passed once - the indicator for that row will light up green.
- For a rule set where running over a in-lane needs to be passed over twice - the indicator will glow say orange telling you that you need one more pass over to charge that lane.
- Also a few people said they like 2-3 of the rules so if I change the rule options to 4 instead of 6 when the mod is powered up in could possible light up 1 to 4 bars showing what game mod you have the PCB set to. This could be display for the first 10 seconds of mod power up.
- my hope and plan is that each bar will have 2 RGB LED's enabling a nice light coverage and allow for a lighting show when in use, charging, game mode, maybe phase colours etc ??? - sorry stumblor
So do you guys like the sound of this feature and the space it occupies?
Please have your say as it is critical at this stage of development. I will mock up a 3d print to cover this area over the weekend and share a photo to better explain my thoughts.
Cheers
Jady / Swinks
[quoted image]

I like it

#392 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

but still a vision that I have,
all these little things grow in cost and I am trying to keep the integration kit at a reasonable cost.

Cost! Where we are going kid, we don't see cost. Lol

#394 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

at this stage I want to keep it as low as possible as you guys have already bought the base mod.
I am just trying to slow people up and not over excited and add too many features and then no one supports it.
As for cost - I don't have a figure as the integration kit is still a work in progress, sorry to be vague
The mod will include:
- 4 x switch and 4 x custom trigger fingers - should arrive early next week which once installed to basic leds can ensure they all connect and work without barricading the ball.
- 1 x apron gauge as posted above
- 1 x interface board and mount bracket, that the trigger fingers wire into, an output to the apron gauge
- wiring between trigger fingers to the interface board, wiring between apron gauge and interface board and power to the front door terminal strip
- the servo wires will go to the interface board from the coin door instead of the mechs and an extra set of wires will be supplied from the interface board to the 2 proton gun mechs and the interface board will control the mech operation periods
- stumblor will supply the 2 x pcb's to me programmed and then I complete the kit, assembly and test
- my markup will be absolute minimal
Best I can do and no money paid until the kit is ready to send but the first hurdle is the trigger finger being successful.

I was just making a Back to the Future kinda play on words joke reference. I know you do a great job with watching cost point Jady anf we all appreciate that.

Ken

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Overall guys the rules posted above is a starting point, I do need some feedback as am a bit worried people are not liking the direction or worried about cost - please send me a PM if you are still keen on the upgrade kit or if you are out.

I am about to have a cup of coffee and start reading now....input forthcoming Jady.

#415 2 years ago

I am in! This is going to add another nevel of enjoyment to this game. I wish callouts could be tied to this!

1 week later
#425 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

update - 16-3-22
Integrated Proton Gun Kit
- Sadly this product upgrade is now CANCELLED, why? because just not enough support, thank you for your support though with the Proton Gun.
- 12 - out of the 36 kits reached out and said YES, but I needed 20 people at a minimum - but thank you to you guys for your support
- 7 - people reached out to me to say NO, thank you for you responses - much appreciated
- 17 - kits worth did not respond at all to their messages
While I did put some effort to design this portion of the integrated kit - I am ok with investigating it and putting it out there. What I learnt from the last week is a number of people had not installed their kit yet and dare say that is the same with many of the 17 that did not respond. Also the Integrated Kit was never promised rather a bonus if it came off.
Before people ask I am not going to just make 12 kits at a high price as the cost of parts is much higher and Stumblors fees have to be spread across just 12 units instead of 20, - so - NO the integrated kit is now cancelled.
I will NOT be sending messages to the non-responders or people that said NO as they have already given their answer. I will write to the YES people to clarify the above.
Thank you for all the support with this mod, now onto 2 batches of Snackbars and then not sure what I will do next at this stage.
Cheers
Jady

Thank you Jady. I am gonna enjoy my proton gun kit.

4 months later
#476 1 year ago

This mod is so much fun, I still have hope it can turned into an interactive feature.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eyeamred2u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swinks-gb-proton-guns-mod-development?tu=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.