• 488 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you pay in the ball park of $800 AUD for ball inactive mech / mod ?”

• Yes - if it is ball interractive and game play enhancing I am willing to support 22 votes
    35%
  • No - it is just too much, sorry. 25 votes
    40%
  • Just interested and want to see where this goes. 15 votes
    24%

(62 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2023-11-25 at 7.39.40 am (resized).png
DSC01600 (resized).JPG
DSC01593 (resized).JPG
DSC01591 (resized).JPG
Black Friday Parts (resized).png
Black Friday Sale Brochure (resized).png
Stern - GB - Storage Facility v3.1 (resized).JPG
Stern - GB - Storage Facility v3.2 (resized).JPG
239878088_1822562151279693_3067666639078509713_n (resized).jpg
241201955_1822562204613021_3583204789476506871_n (resized).jpg
240586878_1822562114613030_4143517214553626040_n (resized).jpg
Left (resized).jpg
Right (resized).jpg
26A144B3-5881-41AC-8FA0-44ED4CFDB89B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
34177ED3-B0C8-4BF5-A225-09533C0700A4_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E20A1151-771E-4442-98DF-9F644AFEA2D5_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
#251 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Lastly I have only got response from one person for the next batch - Batch 2.
I will send out messages soon to those people, but if I do not get responses soon I can't order parts soon and the flow on is it will affect everyone's delivery date especially since we are coming up to Christmas.

I'm ready with info and money!

#252 2 years ago

Update - 11-11-21 afternoon (Aus Time)

- all Batch 1 units tested and packed
- messages sent to everyone in Batch 1 with pricing options - with 3 paid now - thank you
- heard from 5 of 12 people so far in regards to Batch 2 and have sent messages to remaining 7 unit owners tonight.
- once some payments come through and feedback from the 7 comes in I will order Batch 2 major parts
- already have the smaller parts for Batch 2 and 3 and will be ordering shafts and streams etc from China soon for all remaining mods (up to Mod no: 55) to avoid Chinese New Year delays etc.
- Professionally printed parts, servos and driver boards and pedals are ordered in batches due to the large cost so possible delays coming into Christmas period

Thanks for the support everyone and allowing this to happen and look forward to feedback and please send me a PM if you are puzzled or need help when it comes to install.

cheers

Jady

#253 2 years ago

Update - 12-11-21

- 9 of the 10 proton Gun Kits have been posted now
- remaining one will be paid tomorrow and sent on Monday
- All bound for the USA
- 9 of the next 12 have responded with their details for Batch 2
- will have a day rest tomorrow and then start ordering parts and making wiring

cheers

Jady

#254 2 years ago

Update - 15-11-21

- all 10 First Batch Proton Kits have been paid for and all posted and heading to the US with tracking numbers issued to everyone on that batch
- have ordered most of the items for the next batch (batch 2) including all the big ticket items today.
- have ordered all servo wiring, proton stream rod material, pivot shafts and bearings for all the remaining 44 kits so I won't be caught out by Chinese New Years closures.
- 1 person is redoing their games room so wants to be bumped to the very end of the 35 units to made
- 2 people have not responded at all to messages so they will be bumped to the end of the list and given a second chance on the next run - Batch 3
- will reach out to the next 3 people on the list to secure them for this batch later tonight
- have started making wiring kits for Batch 2 even though the servos, servo pcb's and professional printed parts are 2-3 weeks but hope to be more organise and provide a better turn around when that gear is ready.

Again a BIG Thanks to everyone's support.

cheers

Jady

ps. the list is still open for next year just not this year and batch 3 is going to be a squeeze but will get as much as I can done without rushing as quality is my priority.

55 x Proton Gun Kits
Proto Production - (1 kit) - mine
Batch 1 - Units 1-10 (10 kits) - sent
Batch 2 - Units 11-22 (12 kits) - all allocated
Batch 3 - Units 23-34 (12 kits) - all allocated
Batch 4 - Units 35-44 (10 kits) - only 1 kit allocated, 9 available spots
Batch 5 - Units 45-54 (10 kits) - 10 available spots

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Update - 15-11-21
- all 10 First Batch Proton Kits have been paid for and all posted and heading to the US with tracking numbers issued to everyone on that batch
- have ordered most of the items for the next batch (batch 2) including all the big ticket items today.
- have ordered all servo wiring, proton stream rod material, pivot shafts and bearings for all the remaining 44 kits so I won't be caught out by Chinese New Years closures.
- 1 person is redoing their games room so wants to be bumped to the very end of the 35 units to made
- 2 people have not responded at all to messages so they will be bumped to the end of the list and given a second chance on the next run - Batch 3
- will reach out to the next 3 people on the list to secure them for this batch later tonight
- have started making wiring kits for Batch 2 even though the servos, servo pcb's and professional printed parts are 2-3 weeks but hope to be more organise and provide a better turn around when that gear is ready.
Again a BIG Thanks to everyone's support.
cheers
Jady
ps. the list is still open for next year just not this year and batch 3 is going to be a squeeze but will get as much as I can done without rushing as quality is my priority.
55 x Proton Gun Kits
Proto Production - (1 kit) - mine
Batch 1 - Units 1-10 (10 kits) - sent
Batch 2 - Units 11-22 (12 kits) - all allocated
Batch 3 - Units 23-34 (12 kits) - all allocated
Batch 4 - Units 35-44 (10 kits) - only 1 kit allocated, 9 available spots
Batch 5 - Units 45-54 (10 kits) - 10 available spots

Nice, that’s a lot of proton guns. Don’t cross the streams!

#256 2 years ago

Hoping I made the list before Christmas? I asked Santa for this over a month ago

If anyone cant take the time to fill out info-I will take their spot

Come On!

Come On! (resized).jpgCome On! (resized).jpg
#257 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Nice, that’s a lot of proton guns. Don’t cross the streams!

Batch 2 - should make it out before Christmas (printed parts should not be a problem, proton shafts and pedals maybe a problem) and this time doing all the wiring before 3d parts come so will be better organised and faster turn around once the 3d parts arrive.

Batch 3 - I will get them started but I highly doubt that I will get in peoples hands before Christmas - I will try my hardest but am very sorry if I don't...

Batch 4 and 5 - won't get built until there are people on the list and may never be built - all depends on interest but at 55 mods I will be having a break for a while.

Quoted from pinmister:

Hoping I made the list before Christmas? I asked Santa for this over a month ago
If anyone cant take the time to fill out info-I will take their spot
Come On!
[quoted image]

I am trying my hardest and no dam elves have turned up yet to help me

All replacement people have replied and we are good to lock in Batch 2 guys at now 13 units as had a few parts left over and can push out 13 instead of 12 units:

1 - marioparty34
2 - Facebook guy
3 - AtTheArcade
4 - hawkmoon
5 - freddy
6 - Mayboyz
7 - Mayboyz
8 - Acejedi
9 - eyeamred2u
10 - Aflacjack
11 - Bam_Man
12 - ulmpharmd
13 - Back Alley Creations

I had a chat last night with my professional 3d printer in Singapore and they only shut for Christmas Day and New Years Day otherwise operate 24 / 7 and will prioritise my next order in a couple of weeks time.

Sorry I know some people churn out mods alot faster but these take alot of work and I am sure that when the first batch guys get there mods will agree the professionally 3d printed parts are very nice looking, very strong and solid nylon. They need to be due to all the threads I cut into them for bolts and the loads they are under - home prints would fail quickly and you would all be very disappointed.

#258 2 years ago

The bonus is I don't charge and collect money until the mod is ready to post - always been my way - this is the best for you all.

Update - 16-11-21

- just ordered foot pedals for Batch 3 - so no changing colours - delivery is slated for between 6 Dec to 19 Jan

#259 2 years ago

Swinks GB MOD IN DA HOUSE!

20211116_152555 (resized).jpg20211116_152555 (resized).jpg
#260 2 years ago

Your mod made great time....

A note for others, I did make a small error with marioparty34 coin door plate in that the decal was not wide enough and I realised a few hours after sending his mod off. I then that night corrected the other 9 mods with a wider piece of matt black car vinyl.

But if this is not wide enough please let me know as I had to estimate for the US coin doors of how much black was needed so you don't see the stainless steel plate as we have a different door. I did purchase the knockout panels for the US coin door from Pinball Life so I can get close but had a brain fade on the initial 10 and caught 9 but Tom's was the one and only that went out thinner than suppose to, which I am very very sorry about and in the midst of fixing his mod up.

Tom sent me pics of the front panel and looks like a bit more than expected SS can be seen either side compared to what the aussie doors have so I may have to treat the whole plate instead - please share your thoughts and concerns via PM so I can correct - I will make this right for everyone in batch 1.

I will ensure this small detail is corrected for anyone / everyone on the first batch, and going forwards, sorry - feel super bad.

Jady

#261 2 years ago

Update - 18-11-21

- a mild set back and a embarrassing one. One of the guys in Batch 1 installed his mod / guns and the rear handle clashed with Premium / LE Steel Apron as I mistakenly did not consider a difference in clearance between the Pro and Premium / LE aprons. This person has trimmed the rear handle and now has an operating mod and has been very supportive and understanding which I greatly appreciate.
- I will be getting the guns re-made and sending express free of charge to all Batch 1 owners - my deepest apologies for this small set back.
- I stopped printing in Singapore just in time so everyone from here on will get the revised guns with their mod kit as well.
- today I will adjust the proton gun design for lhs and rhs and send to Singapore, and they will start printing tomorrow as planned but with the revised guns.
- Working on wiring kits for Batch 2.

Regards
Jady

Here is the clash issue
0115aa9c22fd1e0f75bcc94134127562337b372d (resized).jpg0115aa9c22fd1e0f75bcc94134127562337b372d (resized).jpg

and here is after trimming with a dremel - I will shorten a fraction more just to make sure.
cf82072d7bbd4b5098fdf76fabed550a8398f1ae (resized).jpgcf82072d7bbd4b5098fdf76fabed550a8398f1ae (resized).jpg

#262 2 years ago

Got it up and running! Works just like Jady advertised. I am a little embarrassed by the close up picture of my shoddy dremel work, but he will be sending out revised ones shortly.

Jady has been awesome working out any installation issues with me. It was mostly me not reading the instructions well enough.

So glad I bought it! It completes the GB pin IMHO.

Awesome job Jady!

Here is a link to my completed install.

#263 2 years ago

thanks for sharing and especially your understanding marioparty34 , very much appreciated

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Got it up and running! Works just like Jady advertised. I am a little embarrassed by the close up picture of my shoddy dremel work, but he will be sending out revised ones shortly.
Jady has been awesome working out any installation issues with me. It was mostly me not reading the instructions well enough.
So glad I bought it! It completes the GB pin IMHO.
Awesome job Jady!
Here is a link to my completed install.

Looks awesome!

#265 2 years ago

Update - 18-11-21

- ordered replacement guns for all of the guys in Batch 1
- once they arrive in 1-2 weeks - fingers crossed - I will tap holes and give them a clear coat and pack and send 24hrs later via express post - goal is to get them before Christmas for you all.
- Batch 2 parts are started to be printed in Singapore with all the guns updated to the new version v2.5

my apologies and thanks for the support and sticking with me during this small glitch.

cheers

Jady

#266 2 years ago

Don't Feel bad you making something custom that was scrubbed so you were bound to find some bumps. You solving issue all ready. It's nice to see people doing their best to produce the best possible product.

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Don't Feel bad you making something custom that was scrubbed so you were bound to find some bumps. You solving issue all ready. It's nice to see people doing their best to produce the best possible product.

much appreciated cp1610 and others that have sent me messages.

my moto is treat others how I like to be treated so in regards to the mod - I would expect the same - I only want happy customers

#268 2 years ago

Update - 24-11-21

- Nearly finished 13 sets of wiring - which is all of Batch 2 guys
- Singapore 3D printers are nearly finished including the replacement guns for Batch 1 guys and then freight and it is express to me.
- I have had a few people ask me what makes these guys professional printers. Just like Shapeways the parts are made with $500k machines with nylon powder and bound using a laser and then dyed black. This makes for excellent mechanical properties where I can tap a thread for screws and parts will keep there shape under mechanical stress unlike home printed parts.
- Waiting on shaft materials, foot pedals (these take forever and already have next batch ordered and will gamble and order batch 4 this week) and tweaked the cable labels a fraction as could be a touch longer. Hoping everything arrive late this week / early next week.
- As soon as the parts arrive the priority for a day is the Batch 1 guys and their replacement parts to be made ready and send out promptly and then work on Batch 2 parts.
- I have been ordering all the parts for small cost parts for all 55 kits so hopefully will have before Christmas and more importantly before any New Year Closures - EXCLUDING 3D printed parts, Servos, Servo Boards as these are a small fortune so order in batches. And ordering Power Supplies and Foot Pedal 1 1/2 batches at time as just don't want to be lumped with too much stock that I can't use.

I will be putting the Mod Manual, Service Bulletins and Assembly Drawings in one place on my website here very soon all under it's own heading.
https://swinks.com.au/manuals

#269 2 years ago

Service Bulletin 2 added to the website

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Service Bulletin 2 added to the website

Once again. THANK YOU! You are working overtime on this and I for one appreciate the effort. I am certain others share my sentiment.

Ken

#271 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Once again. THANK YOU! You are working overtime on this and I for one appreciate the effort. I am certain others share my sentiment.
Ken

Thanks Ken, much appreciated

#272 2 years ago

Update 28-11-21

- most of the wiring is complete for Batch 2 and a bit of Batch 3 - though I can't complete until the proton gun bulb locks come as the leds pass through these before wiring this part up. Batch 2 will proceed faster once the 3d printed parts arrive this time round.
- 3D printed parts should arrive late this week - fingers crossed
- and hopefully the pedals arrive in the next week as well though now have 3 batches of 10 pedals coming - 15 of each colour as these are the most difficult part to get.
- lastly I have designed an additional part that is optional for people down the track or those with volume knobs - a bracket to mount the coin door assembly to the coin box lid. There is a guide supplied as Service Bulletin 3 here
IMG_7171 (resized).JPGIMG_7171 (resized).JPGIMG_7176 (resized).JPGIMG_7176 (resized).JPG

#273 2 years ago

Update 1-12-21

For Batch 2 - 13 units
- a full set of foot pedals have arrived so everyone gets their colour preference
- additional cable decals have arrived for Batch 2 and 3
- servo and servo driver boards have arrived for Batch 2
- half the professional 3D printed has arrived but waiting on other half which includes the guns and extra package of replacement guns should arrive either this Friday or Monday - hopefully on Friday as then can clear coat and pack over the weekend.
- getting what I can done and priority will be the Batch 1 guys replacement guns and then the batch 2 mods which I aim to have completed and ready to send out between 10th and 13th Dec so will be chatting to Batch 2 guys once the final parts arrive.

Cheers

Jady

#274 2 years ago

Nice Swinks! Keep it rolling!

#275 2 years ago

Here are the first 2 drawings showing the proton gun assembly for each side which the Batch 1 guys may need to reference.

Will also place all reference material on my website.

Drawing 1 - Exploded ASM - GB Proton Gun LHS v2.pdfDrawing 1 - Exploded ASM - GB Proton Gun LHS v2.pdfDrawings 2 - Exploded ASM - GB Proton Gun RHS v2.pdfDrawings 2 - Exploded ASM - GB Proton Gun RHS v2.pdf
#276 2 years ago

Update 3-12-21

Batch 1 guys - the replacement proton guns did not arrive today (Friday early afternoon here already) so Monday it is but your parts will be priority on Monday - will tap holes and clear coat on Monday and then pack and send on Tuesday afternoon Express Post - meaning about 7 days to you guys.

Batch 2 guys - have been finishing parts off and hopefully these kits will be finished by the end of next week all going well and waiting on 2nd half of professionally printed parts to arrive. If you choose Express Post you should get them before Christmas.

Batch 3 guys - sorry to be the bearer of bad news that there is a 99% chance that these will NOT get out before Christmas let alone arrive to you before Christmas, I am so very sorry. Shipping is slower than hoped with Batch 2 parts which has flowed on to this batch. I am hoping to order the professionally 3d printed parts next weekend when payments start to come through for Batch 2 as a batch of parts is a large expense.

Other things
- have uploaded some more assembly drawings to my website
- have made pivot shafts and some of the wiring for Batch 3 already
- have everything in stock for Batch 3,4 and 5 except 3d parts, servos and driver boards and pedals.

Kind Regards

Jady

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Update 3-12-21
Batch 1 guys - the replacement proton guns did not arrive today (Friday early afternoon here already) so Monday it is but your parts will be priority on Monday - will tap holes and clear coat on Monday and then pack and send on Tuesday afternoon Express Post - meaning about 7 days to you guys.
Batch 2 guys - have been finishing parts off and hopefully these kits will be finished by the end of next week all going well and waiting on 2nd half of professionally printed parts to arrive. If you choose Express Post you should get them before Christmas.
Batch 3 guys - sorry to be the bearer of bad news that there is a 99% chance that these will NOT get out before Christmas let alone arrive to you before Christmas, I am so very sorry. Shipping is slower than hoped with Batch 2 parts which has flowed on to this batch. I am hoping to order the professionally 3d printed parts next weekend when payments start to come through for Batch 2 as a batch of parts is a large expense.
Other things
- have uploaded some more assembly drawings to my website
- have made pivot shafts and some of the wiring for Batch 3 already
- have everything in stock for Batch 3,4 and 5 except 3d parts, servos and driver boards and pedals.
Kind Regards
Jady

Sounds great! Thanks for the heads up!

#278 2 years ago

Update 6-12-21

- Replacement protons arrived early - on the weekend, have tapped holes, clear coated and will check results with the goal to send out today to Batch 1 guys. Once sent out I will send you guys your tracking numbers.
- 2nd half of the gear for Batch 2 guys supposed to arrive today - late afternoon.

Regards
Jady

D850FF17-8930-4010-ABA2-D0685DCC27A1_1_105_c (resized).jpegD850FF17-8930-4010-ABA2-D0685DCC27A1_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#279 2 years ago

Update - 7-12-21

- Sent 9 out of 10 replacement guns as well as the larger coin door plate decals to all of the Batch 1 guys yesterday (via express post - you should see them next Monday / Tuesday) - will PM your tracking details very soon and once again sorry for the delay and inconvenience.
- 10th persons replacement guns is ready though waiting for payment on their 2nd mod - sorry I had to refund the US payment as too much dollars - I forgot to stress AUD in my message
- Batch 2 - most of the batch 2 parts arrived late yesterday so will be getting these kits ready. There was a miscommunication about the replacement guns and batch 2 guns so they weren't packaged but Singapore sent them urgent priority mail yesterday so hopefully get here towards the end of the week once I have finished off all the other parts.

Regards

Jady

IMG_7197 (resized).JPGIMG_7197 (resized).JPG
#280 2 years ago

PM's sent to 9 people of batch 1 for their replacement parts.

#281 2 years ago

Update 9-12-21

- Good News - the proton guns turned up early than expected as was supposed to be tomorrow / or Monday next week delivery.
- All the Batch 2 parts are now finished and ready
- What is left to do - program servo driver boards, set servos and assembly the kits and box

I will have 4-6 mod kits ready and boxed of Batch 2 to send out by tomorrow afternoon (Friday afternoon) and rest on Monday morning. I will send out payment totals / options tonight to everyone in Batch 2.

Note: the first people to pay will get their mods sent first and rest on Monday - see how far I get tomorrow.

Here are the guns - I got more (Batch 3 guns included) so I won't have these issues again.
1015DC93-171D-46CF-A07F-7AC880FF2F5F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg1015DC93-171D-46CF-A07F-7AC880FF2F5F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E5D0B17E-BD44-4AAB-AB5D-AFC7F72F3150_1_105_c (resized).jpegE5D0B17E-BD44-4AAB-AB5D-AFC7F72F3150_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Proton Gun - holes tapped, stream shaft reamed and guns clear coated ready for assembly tomorrow.
E34B383D-1C54-468D-BBF7-238AE22D2709_1_105_c (resized).jpegE34B383D-1C54-468D-BBF7-238AE22D2709_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

#282 2 years ago

Update 10-12-21

- 5 payments come through for Batch 2 (13 kits in total) so that is my mission today to complete 5 kits and mail out
- 2 kits already sent out earlier this week as had guns left over from the replacement gun shipment as got a few spares
- then this afternoon start on remaining 6 kits and complete over the weekend for mail out on Monday (our postal service does not open on weekends)

Note: for the 6 remaining guys if the timing is not great to pay over the weekend due to Christmas or you no longer want the mod - that is no problems, simply send me a message as have Batch 3 guys keen to move up the ladder if the opportunity come up. You can slide back to Batch 3 or drop off the list if that is what you want.

#283 2 years ago

Update - 10-12-21 - late afternoon.

- 2 x proton kits paid for and sent earlier in the week - marioparty34 / hawkmoon
- 4 x proton kits paid for, finished and sent off today - freddy / facebook guy / ulpharmd / Bam_Man
- 4 x proton kits paid for - will finish and send early next week - Dexter / Eyeamred2u / Back Alley Matt / Aflacjack
- 3 x proton kits still to be paid for - will finish ready for sending next week - Mayboyz (x 2) / Acejedi

Over the weekend
- finish, test and pack remaining 7 x kits
- stock take and gear up for Batch 3 and order remaining parts (big ticket items)

Next week
- send remaining Batch 2 kits

- start working on Batch 3 kits for next 12 people:

Matt90b
Lordanubis
Dr Hex
ryank11379 (x 3)
pinmister
wcbrandes
Razorv23
haiderdj
NYG
MANTO1975

I will be in contact with prices, postages prices and will need your details and decisions on face plate and pedal colour

Batch 4 people:
pinb1

#284 2 years ago

Update - 12-12-21

- finished and boxed 4 kits that were paid for ready for posting out tomorrow (Monday) first thing in the morning
- will partially finish last three - waiting on payment

#285 2 years ago

Update - 13-12-21

- sending 4 mod kits today to - Dexter / Eyeamred2u / Back Alley Matt / Aflacjack
- finished 3 last mod kits but may need to swap out pedal colours due to the next point
- shout out to Mayboyz as he doesn't need his 2 mods urgently as he is away until early Jan so he offering his 2 mod kits to the next 2 people on the list.
- messages going out to @Matt90b and Lordanubis this morning as they have a chance of getting these before Christmas.
- finish stocktake, more orders and start again on Batch 3 mods

#286 2 years ago

Update - 14-12-21

- @Matt90b and Lordanubis are paid up and 1 sent today and other going tomorrow

- have ordered everything for Batch 3 (12 kits) and had a few appointments so no making parts yet

- will be messaging Batch 3 people tomorrow to get their details

#287 2 years ago

Update - 16-12-21

- still one person (Batch 2) not responding to messages to pay so will be offered up to Batch 3 this weekend if no messages come through before then.

- picked up bolts and electronics for Batch 3, 4 and 5 even though no orders for 4 and 5 yet.

- have messaged everyone on Batch 3 just now with request for details, cost totals to help decide. Please help me buy letting me know if you are still in and the remaining details need to complete my order sheet and make sure everything is ready for you when the time comes.

- lastly replacement guns that were posted early week finally left Sydney airport and sat there for a week - I feel real bad for you Batch 1 guys, am so sorry but they are in the air now and hopefully US postal is better than AUS postal getting them to your door. Batch 2 mods are waiting for a plane. I did call Auspost today and apparently since it is xmas package posting has tripled and travelling to Aus and overseas has not ramped up to the same level so not enough planes to send gear overseas. I am crossing fingers, arms, legs that Batch 1 guys get the replacement guns before Christmas as well as the Batch 2 guys get their mods before Christmas.

- Batch 3 - your mods won't be ready until about mid Jan as professional printed parts may leave Singapore before Christmas but our deliveries close between Christmas and New Years but I will make wiring, shafts, streams etc waiting for the remaining parts to come in.

#288 2 years ago

I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and hope you have a happy and safe holiday period with family and friends.

Enjoy your games, pinballs and mods and most of all each other.

regards

Jady / Swinks

pinball christmas (resized).jpgpinball christmas (resized).jpg
#289 2 years ago

Lastly the latest manual, service bulletins and assembly drawings can be found here:

but I am not going away so if you have any issues, questions, thoughts just send me a message / email and will help you out

#290 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and hope you have a happy and safe holiday period with family and friends.
regards
Jady / Swinks[quoted image]

Merry Christmas Jady! Thanks for all you do, hope you and the fam have a good holiday!

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

regards
Jady / Swinks[quoted image]

Merry Christmas to you too!

#292 2 years ago

Update - 19-12-21

- one aussie got his mod on Friday and believed they had a problem so we went through it over the phone and message and in the end it wasn't a problem, more so I needed to add another scenario for problem solving in the back of the manual which now has 7 scenarios to read over. These scenarios are basically tips to understand or solve a issue found at the back of the manual. The manual is now at Rev3. The issue is the now scenario 6 which I took knowledge for granted and someone else got worried on what they were seeing so shared my knowledge with him and in the latest manual.

- Batch 3 - one person dropped out and another who was buying multiple units has cancelled 1 of their 3 units as they are selling that game soon. This means one person in Batch 4 went into Batch 3 AND there is 1 x spot available in batch 3 if anyone wants it.

- due to the costs per batch - for batches 4 and 5, I need to get 6 people on the list before I make a batch of 10 units as it is just not feasible otherwise so their maybe a wait in future batches.

- Some countries have stopped taking and sending post so one kit is still sitting with me. Basically there just aren't enough planes to take mail / packages to some countries and in our case Canada but freight should open up again after Christmas I have been told.

Regards

Jady

1 week later
#293 2 years ago

Update - 31-12-21

3 hours to go until 2022 starts:
- Have had a week off with the family and been building a new fence so we can get a dog soon.
- Received all the professionally printed parts today for Batch 3
- Started wiring kits for Batch 3 as well
- Just waiting on a few foot pedals though have most already, and waiting on Servos and Servo driver boards
- Aiming for Mid Jan all going well.

Batch 1
- all replacements proton guns have been delivered

Batch 2
- approx 6 have been delivered to customers
- 6 still in transit - delays due to lack of planes and covid
- 1 still can't be sent as no planes to Canada ????

Have a safe end of 2021 and hope 2022 is a good one for everyone.

cheers

Jady

ps - 2022 goal is to develop an integrating kit for the proton gun mod - though please be aware it is not a guarantee but purchased a few parts to allow testing and started capturing a few ideas - biggest challenge is tapping into the switches keeping clear of soldering and alligator clips.

#294 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Update - 31-12-21
- Have had a week off with the family and been building a new fence so we can get a dog soon.
- Just waiting on a few foot pedals though have most already, and waiting on Servos and Servo driver boards
Batch 1
Batch 2
cheers
Jady
ps - 2022 goal is to develop an integrating kit for the proton gun mod - though please be aware it is not a guarantee but purchased a few parts to allow testing and started capturing a few ideas - biggest challenge is tapping into the switches keeping clear of soldering and alligator clips.

Happy new year Jady! Can’t wait to see what you come up with in 2022!

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Update - 31-12-21
Batch 1
Batch 2
cheers
Jady

I believe i'm the one in Canada where all fights suspended for lack of real knowledge and research on our govt part! Another huge over reaction to Omicron

If you want to give someone my kit Swinks and get me in round three when hopefully flights are available again, then make someone else happy earlier and I can wait Cheers Mate

#296 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I believe i'm the one in Canada where all fights suspended for lack of real knowledge and research on our govt part! Another huge over reaction to Omicron
If you want to give someone my kit Swinks and get me in round three when hopefully flights are available again, then make someone else happy earlier and I can wait Cheers Mate

Yes wcbrandes that is yours

Post Offices here are closed now until Tuesday (Monday is a public holiday) so I will try again and also ring up head office. Website says closed until 24 Dec but when I went in it would accept the address so could not proceed.

See how we go first on Tuesday.

Canada (resized).pngCanada (resized).png
1 week later
#297 2 years ago

Update 9-1-22

- drilled and tapped all professionally printed parts
- clear coated most of the components - 7 sets of guns to clear coat
- 2/3 wiring kits completed - proton gun lighting kits left to do
- then need to add wire fittings to power supply
- need to cut and clean up all machine steel pivot shafts
- aiming for this 3rd batch to be completed next weekend
- short by 2 foot pedals hopefully come this week
- servos and servo triggers board due mid week

- Batch 1 - all kits and gun replacements have been delivered
- Batch 2 - all kits with new version guns have all been delivered except for wcbrandes
- I will be looking into alternative postage options early this week with Fedex and DHL as have another kit in Batch 3 going to Canada

45D52522-16BC-4762-9ED9-BE4EA1C11FC8_1_105_c (resized).jpeg45D52522-16BC-4762-9ED9-BE4EA1C11FC8_1_105_c (resized).jpegA6C3D41F-5683-474D-9B6F-2D374C875D08_1_105_c (resized).jpegA6C3D41F-5683-474D-9B6F-2D374C875D08_1_105_c (resized).jpegE3F0F7DE-61BB-4DDB-B03B-A5406AFDF486_1_105_c (resized).jpegE3F0F7DE-61BB-4DDB-B03B-A5406AFDF486_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#298 2 years ago

Update 15-1-22

- Foot pedals have arrived so everyone gets there preferred colour
- Finishing off parts over the weekend
- Servos and Servo Boards have not arrived yet - now hoping for Monday to Wednesday delivery and then straight on to programming, final assembly then box up.
- So guys in Batch 3 expect messages between Wednesday to Friday next week for payment and postage option selection.

My apologies for the small delay

Regards
Jady

#299 2 years ago

Free STL file for tightening and loosening the coin door face plate switch nut.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/ADN5CV7WS/gb-proton-gun-switch-tool

I had another tool but was not as effective as this tool so thought to offer to others to download the file from the above link and print your own in case you need it one day.

Simply slide the switch wires through the gap with the slightly serrated end towards the plate / nut and squeeze the 2 handles together to grip the nut and then twist:
- righty tighty - turn right to tighten
- lefty lucy - turn left to loosen

switch tool (resized).pngswitch tool (resized).png
#300 2 years ago

Finally installed the kit today, went great. Had to ask some questions, which Jady answered fast and perfectly, which helped me narrow down that my RHS did not Home itself upon initialization, which caused confusion on my part. However, I went over the manual(Rev. 3), Reviewed my installation and then finally the servo initialized to Home and this Mod is killing it now. Thanks Jady. Happy New Years.

20220115_170802 (resized).jpg20220115_170802 (resized).jpg20220115_170825 (resized).jpg20220115_170825 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swinks-gb-proton-guns-mod-development/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.