• 488 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you pay in the ball park of $800 AUD for ball inactive mech / mod ?”

• Yes - if it is ball interractive and game play enhancing I am willing to support 22 votes
    35%
  • No - it is just too much, sorry. 25 votes
    40%
  • Just interested and want to see where this goes. 15 votes
    24%

(62 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2023-11-25 at 7.39.40 am (resized).png
DSC01600 (resized).JPG
DSC01593 (resized).JPG
DSC01591 (resized).JPG
Black Friday Parts (resized).png
Black Friday Sale Brochure (resized).png
Stern - GB - Storage Facility v3.1 (resized).JPG
Stern - GB - Storage Facility v3.2 (resized).JPG
239878088_1822562151279693_3067666639078509713_n (resized).jpg
241201955_1822562204613021_3583204789476506871_n (resized).jpg
240586878_1822562114613030_4143517214553626040_n (resized).jpg
Left (resized).jpg
Right (resized).jpg
26A144B3-5881-41AC-8FA0-44ED4CFDB89B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
34177ED3-B0C8-4BF5-A225-09533C0700A4_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E20A1151-771E-4442-98DF-9F644AFEA2D5_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
#101 2 years ago

Oh and the bracket with the servo boards use to be attached to the playfield mechs and now moved to the door so if any minor calibration is required you just open the door and adjust. Where in the proto you had to remove the glass and lift the playfield which was a pain. Mind you once set there isn't really a reason to tweak but this new approach of adjusting from the coin door is super easy now.

Also I am a person that likes stats. So here is the version update.

- Proto-type design - white parts (home printed) were a Rev4 design - took some refining. 1 off set
- Proto-Production - is my set which on the RHS Mech is a Swinks v1 engraved in it. 1 off set
- Production - Swinks v2 engraved in it.

I have tweaked a few minor things for the v2's like 0.1-0.2mm in places, reduced the bolt depth by 0.5mm so the switch washer is more functional etc.

I will be tweaking the bracket that holds the servo pcb's heavily as while I know what I am doing ( I think ) it looks a little scary so I will flip the bracket so the servo pcb's are accessed easier and overall will be a little neater.

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Update - 3-10-21
Hey guys, I am all good for questions and thinking out loud.
Overall I try my best to always make sure the mod can be re-moveable with no damage to your game. On this occasion if you opt for the hole through the bottom over using the door that is permanent but I will design and make a file available for a 3d printed cover plate / bung. And then 5 x screws to fasten the 2 x mechs to the underside of your playfield - though if you remove the mech do not put the screws back in as they will then go through your playfield due to the added length - bag the screws with the mod) - other than that bolt in and good to use and unbolt to remove from your game and no one would know. My Snackbar mod had a 20 page PDF downloadable manual with coloured pictures and step by step breakdown and 99.9% of Snackbar owners did not have to ask any questions of how to install.
I keep my manuals here:
https://swinks.com.au/manuals
Now to answer some questions for hawkmoon TicTacSeth eyeamred2u and help others understand the mod and my approach
Ease of Mod to Install:
- IMPORTANT NOTE - NO SOLDERING REQUIRED
- 5 x screws to fasten 2 x mechs to playfield
- 2 x allen key bolts to loosen and remove guns from the playfield mechs, install the mechs and then re-install the guns
- 4 to 6 x nut remove and reassemble at the coin door for the power and servo driver boards
- plug in some supplied wires (which I will order some decals to define LHS and RHS)
- some cable ties
- all bolt heads have a metric allen key - I will supply 3 x different sizes - only one is needed for assembly and other 2 are just incase mod servicing / adjusting is required in the future.
- mod will come pre-programmed and roughly set and you just need to adjust with a jewelers screwdriver (phillips)
- will have a step by step manual walking you through - will create this once I get at least a batch of sales - already captured alot of photos yesterday
- I opted for these type of boards as then no one needs to program anything except for a small screwdriver to fine tune the proton gun settings to your liking.
- part of the manual will be an exploded view drawing of a few of the assemblies so you will know how to pull apart and re-assemble - not sure why but it helps to service and there is over 150 parts to this mod.
Cables Coming In:
- yes currently showing the cables coming in through the door = equals totally reverse-able mod
- but I will be converting myself to a hole in the base and cable gland or a screw in ring through the bottom front left corner so cables can not be seen
- I will design a different coin door cover plate for this approach so you can still power off and see a pretty light.
- if you want to go through the bottom it is a matter of disconnecting 2 cables (power and foot-switch) from the terminal strip, pass through the hole and reconnect - easy
Getting Power for the Mod:
- I will be supplying a power brick - 5vdc / 2amp without the kettle power lead so you will need to source the lead between the wall and the power brick - over here that part is $10AUD
- the mod pulls a max of about 0.750 amps and that is when the servos are activated and then drops down to about 0.080 amps at rest and at proton gun hold open mode.
- ALTERNATIVELY if you have a power mod from say Pinball Life you can get 5vdc power from that - you need to ensure the game has 1 Amp available power in 5vdc. Simply take power from that and screw into 2 described connection points and you can use the games power but if anything goes wrong that is on you. But I will discount the mod $20AUD off as you will not need the power brick.
- For me to supply the power mod say from Pinball Life it costs me to buy, ship to Australia and then ship back to you and will add more cost to the mod plus I want the mod to be totally independent of the games power as then no risk to damaging any boards.
Hope that helps and there are no dumb questions - ask away
Jady

I believe Pinball Life's Power mod only provide 1/2 amp for 5 volt. May want to check on that. Could be wrong, as I usually am.

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I believe Pinball Life's Power mod only provide 1/2 amp for 5 volt. May want to check on that. Could be wrong, as I usually am.

cheers, but I have no intention of using any of the connectable power supplies, just was giving that option if it exists but not a fan of pulling power from a boardset and don't want to be responsible for a Node Board Failure

PinballLife power products are these, but lack info on the amount of amps they support and if it supplies 5vdc

https://www.pinballlife.com/8-way-power-splitter-board-for-stern-pinball-machines-using-the-spike-spike-2-system.html?Category_Code=

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-600-0489-00

This one notes 5vdc but only 1/2 amp like you stated but not enough for this mod.
https://www.pinballlife.com/accessory-power-supply-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-machines-backbox-mounting.html

#104 2 years ago

Has cost been finalized?

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

cheers, but I have no intention of using any of the connectable power supplies, just was giving that option if it exists but not a fan of pulling power from a boardset and don't want to be responsible for a Node Board Failure
PinballLife power products are these, but lack info on the amount of amps they support and if it supplies 5vdc
https://www.pinballlife.com/8-way-power-splitter-board-for-stern-pinball-machines-using-the-spike-spike-2-system.html?Category_Code=
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-600-0489-00
This one notes 5vdc but only 1/2 amp like you stated but not enough for this mod.
https://www.pinballlife.com/accessory-power-supply-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-machines-backbox-mounting.html

Correct, that is why I mentioned one of their power mods as I bought a game that had one installed. Nice product for mods, but you provide your amps whereas others do not. This information matters.

I will be using your power brick to run your mod.

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:Correct, that is why I mentioned one of their power mods as I bought a game that had one installed. Nice product for mods, but you provide your amps whereas others do not. This information matters.
I will be using your power brick to run your mod.

totally understand and been there myself so treat the mod as if I were buying.

Quoted from freddy:

Has cost been finalized?

in the next 4-7 days as on fitting up and installing identified a few minor changes needed to give you guys the best post option, super close and thanks for yours and everyone's patience.

#107 2 years ago

Also decided to start on the manual as like the Snackbar Mod I want everyone that decides to get this mod to be well informed before buying.

Hope to have it ready by tomorrow in a Rev 1 and will undate to a Rev 2 when the V2 parts come.

#108 2 years ago

Update - 3-10-21

- Proton Guns are charged and ready, and light up when activated
- manual is 3/4 written up

IMG_6806 (resized).JPGIMG_6806 (resized).JPGIMG_6807 (resized).JPGIMG_6807 (resized).JPGIMG_6808 (resized).JPGIMG_6808 (resized).JPG
#109 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Update - 3-10-21
- Proton Guns are charged and ready, and light up when activated
- manual is 3/4 written up
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

10 people! I know I need this! So c'mon GB fans put up or shut up, Jady works so hard for us, that this Mod is gonna be great on your game.

Ken

#110 2 years ago

Has a total price been mentioned yet?
Sure, I’m interested, but pricing will determine if I’m seriously interested…

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Some serious work went into, so the price is going to shock most, but have you seen people paying $3000.00 for the Ecto-1 Topper? This is not that expensive.

#112 2 years ago

Really like the concept and creativity on this but asking for me, is there Any way to simply tie this to the flipper button or Any other means (lock down bar button) other then a foot pedal? Not sure of the trigger or voltage constraints just see this as the only limiting factor for me on a great concept. Would that be possible even as a DIY?

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Really like the concept and creativity on this but asking for me, is there Any way to simply tie this to the flipper button or Any other means (lock down bar button) other then a foot pedal? Not sure of the trigger or voltage constraints just see this as the only limiting factor for me on a great concept. Would that be possible even as a DIY?

I’m sure there is, I mean, it’s a switch at the end of the day. So if you connect to your own switch elsewhere DIY style I’m sure it would all still work.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Some serious work went into, so the price is going to shock most, but have you seen people paying $3000.00 for the Ecto-1 Topper? This is not that expensive.

I wasn’t even willing to spend the $500 on that Powerwheels looking topper, so those paying in the 4-digits…uh, more power to them.

Are we talking this mod will be priced in those 4-digits?

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

no the price has not been finalised just yet - sometime this week

Quoted from Yelobird:

thanks Yelobird for the concept and creativity words, as for the foot pedal, it has a NO/NC switch and a terminal strip behind the coin door people can modify, getting a new lockdown bar and receiver is only going to had a heap more dollars to the mod, I did think sonic's magnet reed switch could be designed in over the shooter lane gauge and you the player could put a coin on the glass and you lift up or down to trigger but more expense. As for the power - the power pack covers this easily and could run another 8 more servos power wise as no power adaptor to the Stern system can cope with over 0.5 amps.

I can confirm it is NOT a 4 digit costing mod. I still have to tweak the design a little to finalise some part cost, do assembly drawings and finishing the manual - which is currently at 40 pages, 40 photos and 4000 words - might sound like alot but a basic walk through - I want people to be well informed before ordering if they order.

This mod has taken alot of time and cash to develop but at the end of the day I wanted it for the last 3 years for me, if I sell a batch or 2 then great - it will help as forced out of work a little while ago with on all these on going covid lockdowns and no support from the Gov. I had to already invest in stainless steel plates and servo cables for 50 units.

#116 2 years ago

Additional on cost, It's not a topper that just sits there, this actually interacts with the ball and changes the gameplay. My kids loved the art and sounds of the game but hate the drains on this game so hardly ever played the game, BUT now they have played it every day since the prototypes went in and enjoying it. I have now seen my kids 9 & 12 actually get much better on the game with flipper skills so for me the mod has helped them play the game, enjoy the game and get better at playing.

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Quoted from DruTheFu:

I wasn’t even willing to spend the $500 on that Powerwheels looking topper, so those paying in the 4-digits…uh, more power to them.
Are we talking this mod will be priced in those 4-digits?

as for the price, the thread title states $800 as that was my indicator to determine to share with others and to put the effort into writing a manual and buy batches of 50 of things etc to lower the price. It was my ball park and that is Australian Dollars not USD (but should be under $600 USD and I am not far off when doing batches of 10 and almost finalised, but my estimate was off for single units as closer to $900 AUD.

#118 2 years ago

I can see spending $400 AUD but $800 AUD is too high. Hopefully you can get the price point down, you'll sell a ton of these.

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

I can see spending $400 AUD but $800 AUD is too high. Hopefully you can get the price point down, you'll sell a ton of these.

- as much as I would love to get the price down it just ain't gonna happen, there are 150 parts in this, servo's and driving pcbs are over $100 a set (= just 4 parts of the 150 in total) and that is when buying 20 at a time.

- if it doesn't sell it doesn't sell and those that get it will then get a rare mod and I will then be moving on

#120 2 years ago

Love this!

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

- as much as I would love to get the price down it just ain't gonna happen, there are 150 parts in this, servo's and driving pcbs are over $100 a set (= just 4 parts of the 150 in total) and that is when buying 20 at a time.
- if it doesn't sell it doesn't sell and those that get it will then get a rare mod and I will then be moving on

Swinks, are you limiting this production ?
One or two runs?
25 units ?
50 -100?
May add to the appeal.

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Swinks, are you limiting this production ?
One or two runs?
25 units ?
50 -100?
May add to the appeal.

- I got custom stainless steel plates for 55 units so at the moment that my max build quantity
- I will on do batches of 10 at a time as I just can't afford to do larger batches and unless I jumped to 50 / 100 there isn't alot more savings to be gained but alot more financial risk to me.
- I have now got 30 people on the list but sure 25-50% will bail once all the info is presented and I ask for their position to support or out.

I think it will be naturally limited but appreciate the suggestion though my mind still boggles on the crazy prices paid for the toppers that sit there and being sold at fours times the price

#123 2 years ago

I won’t quote anyone but the comments about price in here are ridiculous! People spend $100-$200 on poorly made 3D printed mods and matchbox cars or 4” figures with LEDs poorly stuck into them and visually exposed!

Jady swinks makes some of the best mods period, his attention to detail is insane, if there’s anyone making a mod that’s with $500+ it’s Jady, this mod has a crazy amount of work put into it and it’s definitely a must have for GB it’s proton packs people!

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

- I got custom stainless steel plates for 55 units so at the moment that my max build quantity
- I will on do batches of 10 at a time as I just can't afford to do larger batches and unless I jumped to 50 / 100 there isn't alot more savings to be gained but alot more financial risk to me.
- I have now got 30 people on the list but sure 25-50% will bail once all the info is presented and I ask for their position to support or out.
I think it will be naturally limited but appreciate the suggestion though my mind still boggles on the crazy prices paid for the toppers that sit there and being sold at fours times the price

I the price is more than fair for what is involved.

#125 2 years ago

Update - 6-10-21

- a sample assembly drawing that will be supplied to buyers so they can service there mechs as well as know what is what
- 30 parts in total just for this mech
- this is the full LHS mech less playfield, wiring and cable ties

ASM - GB Proton Gun Mech LHS v2 Xploded CAD.pdfASM - GB Proton Gun Mech LHS v2 Xploded CAD.pdf
#126 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Update - 6-10-21
- a sample assembly drawing that will be supplied to buyers so they can service there mechs as well as know what is what
- 30 parts in total just for this mech
- this is the full LHS mech less playfield, wiring and cable ties
[quoted image]

How about using non metric sizes for us Americans? Lol

#127 2 years ago

Add me to the list. I'll buy this for sure! I have an LE and it needs these.

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

How about using non metric sizes for us Americans? Lol

You will get a full kit so all parts are included.

Getting imperial here is a bit of a pain lol so metric it is plus I give you the metric allen keys as well.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

Add me to the list. I'll buy this for sure! I have an LE and it needs these.

send me your full name, state and country to hold a position on the list.

#130 2 years ago

Awesome mod, swinks.

Glad someone finally made these a reality. I needed this five years ago

Unfortunately not sure GB will last much longer here (my capacity was supposed to be six [HLWN/GZ need room]).

#131 2 years ago

Thanks Medisinyl , love your work as well. I wanted to do it 3 years ago but life and Snackbars slowed me up - you know how it is.

#132 2 years ago

Looks awesome and I am interested but wondering about timing of the mech. I own Rolling Stones LE with the pop up post and it takes quick moves to save the ball with the pop up post and flipper buttons(sometimes not fast enough). Wondering about the lag with mechs? Are they meant to save the ball quickly or to block the lanes for x amount of time during certain modes? I love the footswitch and it ties in perfect with Ghostbusters. Cool mod

#133 2 years ago

Looks cool. Following to see what the price is. Someone mentioned 3k which I’m sure can’t be real but you never know. Regardless props to OP for bringing this to anyone as an option. Much more talented than I’ll ever be when it comes to something like this. Great job

Maybe the next mod can be a really cool walking stay puff (more advanced version of the OOS mezel mod, which always made noise while it was on).

#134 2 years ago

I think the someone mentioning 3k was referring to the crazy pricing of GB topper on secondhand market. I think the sweet spot would be $500-$600 US?

I need all the help I can get with Ghostbusters(never did carrot flippers or center post mod)

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think the someone mentioning 3k was referring to the crazy pricing of GB topper on secondhand market. I think the sweet spot would be $500-$600 US?
I need all the help I can get with Ghostbusters(never did carrot flippers or center post mod)

Give the carrot flippers a shot. The difference is subtle, but they made the game much more enjoyable for me. All you have to lose is a few bucks and some time to switch them out and back if need be.

#136 2 years ago

I probably should give the flippers a shot, I wanted to appreciate the game for it's original design with the flipper gap, it is not as bad as WOF but makes you change your technique and weigh risk reward shots. I actually dig the difficulty and random sling cheap drains(although Swinks mod-may help). Cleland's sound mod transforms this game as well.

#137 2 years ago

Looks awesome and will PM you separately

Just one q: Sorry if I missed this somewhere, however being OCD about cables, can the external cabling plug in and out at the coin door? That way when not playing, the external cabling can be stored - and conversely plugged in for use only during gameplay.

Thanks!

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Just one q: Sorry if I missed this somewhere, however being OCD about cables, can the external cabling plug in and out at the coin door? That way when not playing, the external cabling can be stored - and conversely plugged in for use only during gameplay.
Thanks!

Already been discussed, just read back a few posts earlier and your OCD will calm down.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Swinks also made an amazing custom Ghostbusters flipper that is the size of a carrot flipper. I haven’t got it yet, but it’s on my list of future mods!

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Thanks!

I was also thinking, I’ll probably attach a magnet to it so I can put it up on the leg when I’m not using it.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Looks awesome and I am interested but wondering about timing of the mech. I own Rolling Stones LE with the pop up post and it takes quick moves to save the ball with the pop up post and flipper buttons(sometimes not fast enough). Wondering about the lag with mechs? Are they meant to save the ball quickly or to block the lanes for x amount of time during certain modes? I love the footswitch and it ties in perfect with Ghostbusters. Cool mod

great question - milli-second lag to the point where it feels instant so you can save a ball most times but as you know multiballs get hectic at times so you got watch balls going everywhere so some balls do escape unless you stand on the switch and keep em closed. There are cable length restrictions under the playfield, any longer and lag will be introduced.

Quoted from delt31:

Looks cool. Following to see what the price is. Someone mentioned 3k which I’m sure can’t be real but you never know. Regardless props to OP for bringing this to anyone as an option. Much more talented than I’ll ever be when it comes to something like this. Great job
Maybe the next mod can be a really cool walking stay puff (more advanced version of the OOS mezel mod, which always made noise while it was on).

price is still going to be around the $800 AUD +- $20 either way just need to get the 3d printed parts re quoted - should have the designs finished today, made some improvements to the coin door area yesterday.

Quoted from Jokerman:

Thanks!

another good question - I originally was going to have plugs for the power and foot pedal wires but when you have 2 plugs with 2 parts each it was getting up another $60 to have low profile 90 degree plugs otherwise they jut out too much. Personally I am going to switch from coin door to a hole in the underside that way you will only see a cable coming from the leg leveller - you could opt for dis-connectable plugs under the cabinet. Also for the Aussie and some other country games the available hole in the coin door is smaller and limits the space for 2 plugs, switch and on light.

Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Swinks also made an amazing custom Ghostbusters flipper that is the size of a carrot flipper. I haven’t got it yet, but it’s on my list of future mods!

yes I did but people want ready made stuff and did not want to tap a hole so never sold well. The beauty of my flipper was that once the shafts were in you could swap the bats in a matter of a minute from regular to carrot length to even under size of regular. It was an experiment that worked but not supported.

Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I was also thinking, I’ll probably attach a magnet to it so I can put it up on the leg when I’m not using it.

That is a great idea for restraining the cables, have some magnets that I use for the Snackbar Mods that would be perfect, might have to trial that....

As for the foot pedal it does have rubber underneath so will not damage your floor but also a hole so it could be hung up though would need a strong magnet.

#142 2 years ago

great questions and thanks for the interest as well

the manual will be ready soon which will explain some of the questions and also help people decide they want to buy or not. I would rather people be informed over entering blind.

oh and one last answer re the buzzing servo's. I learnt through this project that servo's will buzz if they are loaded in their rest position. With the proton gun mod I got buzzing in the linkage design phase but now it is a direct drive system with no springs so now no buzzing. BUT if you set your proton guns to be hugging the side stainless steel rails to the point that the acrylic rod proton stream is bending they will buzz but that setting that tight is not required. I have mine set 1mm / 1/16" gap between the rails and nozzle and everything is fine.

#143 2 years ago

HELP NEEDED ...........!!!!!

For LE owners and guys with the steel aprons can you send me a picture of the tips of your apron near the holes where the proton guns will be fitted.

- an above shot would be good
- a shot from sling area looking to the front showing the tip gaps would be good.

I have modelled the mod to suit a plastic and pinball life metal but just want to check that there is a gap for the lighting cable to pass through.

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

HELP NEEDED ...........!!!!!
For LE owners and guys with the steel aprons can you send me a picture of the tips of your apron near the holes where the proton guns will be fitted.
- an above shot would be good
- a shot from sling area looking to the front showing the tip gaps would be good.
I have modelled the mod to suit a plastic and pinball life metal but just want to check that there is a gap for the lighting cable to pass through.

Here you go!

So excited about your mod!

20211006_164041 (resized).jpg20211006_164041 (resized).jpg20211006_164052 (resized).jpg20211006_164052 (resized).jpg20211006_164058 (resized).jpg20211006_164058 (resized).jpg20211006_164106 (resized).jpg20211006_164106 (resized).jpg
#145 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Here you go!
So excited about your mod!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

awesome, perfect

the steel apron is actually better than the plastic one - at least the lighting can fit to all game versions.... relieved

#146 2 years ago

Answer to another question that a few people have asked via message as they were worried about ball hang ups / jams around the gun.

In one of the 4 proto-typing revision (I think on No2) I had a ball travel down the lane and sit in front of the gun, so I added a small guide under the front of the gun barrel. so If the ball comes down there it can't get caught but you can activate the guns and it will flick it out of the way.

This can't be seen from the player perspective and since it is black blends in to the gun main features.

gun query (resized).pnggun query (resized).png

#147 2 years ago

Video of the Proton Gun Mod ready for production.

You will notice at the 52 second mark that a ball goes down the left lane and you can catch it and then release to let it pass through.

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Update - 2-9-21
- play testing is going well so far and hope to share a video soonish
- a big thanks to wolffcub for giving me a suggestion for a mech redesign - LHS mech now has no linkages and am half way through the right hand side redesign. This will make the mechs more reliable, less parts and hopefully a small reduction in cost to allow to cover a few other things ???
- currently sourcing materials to finalise cost
- and going to test the beam using acrylic rod and end light it to give it a more stream beam look
- few tweaks to the gun
[quoted image]

Glad the suggestion worked!!! What a great looking mod!

#149 2 years ago

I drilled a 13mm hole or for the imperial guys you can go a 1/2" drill in the lhs front corner of the cabinet (will detail in the manual the measurements) and then designed a plug to slide into the hole and fasten with 2 screws. There will be 2 plugs - top and bottom to ensure a clean finish and then you can cable tie the leads on either side to secure. I will also supply a free file or a purchase-able part from Shapeways to plate over on the cabinet underside if you remove or sell the game.

The wires will be prepped and you simply will screw into the mods terminal strip.

I was going to go for a long shaft gland but can not find any as the cabinet base is almost 14mm thick.

base plug (resized).pngbase plug (resized).png
#150 2 years ago

Update - 8-10-21

- Audit Update - you can see the stats of games played are getting a bit longer and less drains down the side.
- in summary makes the game a little more fun
- Currently waiting on quotes for the professionally printed parts and if I get it before the weekend I should have a final press by the end of the weekend
- Will post a 90% finished manual over the weekend for mod installation and ways to adjust the mod to your liking - want everyone to be informed and decide from there.

Comparison (resized).pngComparison (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swinks-gb-proton-guns-mod-development/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.