screen-capture-11 (resized).png
whirlpool bowl decal (resized).jpg
IMG_5051 (resized).JPG
IMG_4720 (resized).JPG
20201201_144300 (resized).jpg
IMG_4698 (resized).JPG
IMG_4609 (resized).JPG
IMG_4597 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

This is final run of the last refined version of the Snackbar Mod - Version 5 - limited to 50-55 units.

The mod is $350 AUD + postage (charge the raw cost + box cost) - no packing fees etc.

I am vague on the final number to cover myself for a bad plate or decals when fully assembled - aiming for 55 units but confident of at least 50 units. I will not be making anymore in the future so this is the last ever run.

Over the years I tweaked the design to improve it and make it better each time. Some people may fall over with the price but many would admit and have shared that it is well engineered, high quality and adds a nice feel to the game. The top and resin parts are professionally 3D printed in Singapore and once they arrive holes are tapped, multiple coats of paint, accessories fitted etc etc. The 3D printing is solid with no partially hollow home prints as well as fastened to a custom stainless steel mounting plate along with magnets, decals, wiring, lighting (Comet Pinball product) and hardware - and surprisingly there are 44 parts to just this one mod.

In this latest edition it has a unique magnetic release system similar to the v4 (only 16 units made) where the base plate is fastened down to the game but the top is magnetised to the base plate meaning if a globe goes out it is a 3 second removal to fix.

This is my last ever run of 50-55 mods

I keep a list of interested parties - so to get on the list send me your:
- full name
- email address - for group updates
- country
and no money down until the mod is ready to ship.

Once the list is full with 50 people the list will be closed and will only reopen for the remaining units available as I don't want to disappoint people. I make 12 at a time over a 5-6 week period and when ready I then contact those 12 people waiting and send out the payment options. Then repeat the process.

Of the 50 units, with 22 people already on the list as they have been reaching out and encouraging me to make one last batch.

Units 1-4 - protos - have been made and sent out
Units 5-16 - (all allocated) 3dprinting being made and everything else in stock so ready in about 4-5 weeks

The mod is fitted with Comet Pinball led lighting that is fed from the feature light and a GI socket so is hassle free and no need to connect to the backbox boards. No RGB option though see the note below of stumblor mod in which I have endorsed but the v5 will go out with led lighting installed ready for plug and play.

The kit
IMG_3915 (resized).JPGIMG_3915 (resized).JPG

The v5 Mod installed
IMG_3928 - Version 2 (resized).JPGIMG_3928 - Version 2 (resized).JPG

Designed and fitted to mold around the games components
IMG_3925 (resized).JPGIMG_3925 (resized).JPG

Also this mod will accept stumblor awesome lighting upgrade mod if you wanted to take the mod to an awesome extra level.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-move-you-snackbar-a-lighting-mod-for-swinks-cftbl-snackbar
Note: his mod is a v3 but the sign is the same on the v5 and the v5 has no bolt on the front

#2 3 years ago

a few people have asked about the versions.

v1 - had el wire and while looked cool but was power hungry and had multiple bolts in the top - 5 bolts
v2 - had acrylic neon looking light blades which were brighter and looked the part but people wanted a more rounded look and v2 had the original classic red dome built into the mod but this was removed on v3 - and reduced bolts on top down to 3
v3 - had resin neon light blades and the top now had a Snackbar Sign styled similar to the playfield art which was a great addition but people still wanted the top decal lit up so came up with a rear mounted bulb which was semi effective - and reduced bolts on top down to 1 for the sign and 1 on the front.
v4 - had the better lighting of the top as well as the new magnetic mounting system but was a very short run of 16 units to use up stock. 10 of these units had RGB lighting in the neon tube section but the signage always stayed on - only one bolt on top for the sign
v5 - has small improvements to the top as well as a matching Stainless Steel plate and some other tweaks - only one bolt on top for the sign. The only thing I never achieved was lighting up the letters and stoked that stumblor achieved this.

here are 2 photos of a 3 led strip fastened to the underside of the ramp lighting the top in certain modes and looks great. 1 photo is light off and 2nd is light on.

IMG_3934 (resized).JPGIMG_3934 (resized).JPGIMG_3935 (resized).JPGIMG_3935 (resized).JPG

#3 3 years ago

lastly here is the manual for the v5.

CFTBL Snackbar Mod v5 - Manual rev2.pdfCFTBL Snackbar Mod v5 - Manual rev2.pdf
#9 3 years ago

as per the first post send your details and you will go on the list 33 of the 50 spots now taken.

details needed:
- full name
- email
- country it will go to

thanks

Jady

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from goggleloy:

Please
Put me on the list as well. I sent you a pm.
Thanks

Quoted from Gunner:

Put me on your list too.

got your details - your on the list

thanks everyone for the support

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Freaking gorgeous mod. Please add me to the list. PM sent.

your on the list, thanks

#17 3 years ago

thanks for the interest guys...

4 mods have been sent out and got the 3d printed parts for 12 more last night so tapping holes and painting starts tomorrow..

replied pm's to a few people, only 6 positions left though sure a couple will drop out in time.

#19 3 years ago

replied DB62 and only 4 positions left

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

PM'd you my info to add me to one of those positions. Thanks swinks !!

you are on the list,

thanks for the interest everyone

#23 3 years ago

messages sent out to the guys allocated for mods No:5 through to 16 - chasing final details and will be ready soon.

if you did not get a message you are still on the list and I will be getting to yours soon

#24 3 years ago

List is temporarily closed as full, but sure some will drop out along the way and will offer them up down the track

I won't be taking any more names at this point, sorry

Jady

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i'd take one if any spots open. thanks!

Quoted from Scoot:

I currently don't own a creature but I'm in for the mod!

Thanks for the interest guys.

Currently the list is full and closed, I will post here if any become available - which I am sure some spots will free up when it comes to pay up time. I just can't take any more names as then people get their hopes up and since this is the last ever run you will just need to watch this thread.

Also there are about 3 people that are upgrading so some older models will be available in the near future so hopefully they will reach out to you as well.

cheers

Jady

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I've upgraded twice. Normally, I would say not worth it, but Swinks' mod is such an upgrade over OEM and the integration is perfect. Selfishly, I'm glad that these are being phased out because I think the limited quantity reinforces the exceptional nature of this mod.

thanks for the kind words, and too my surprise I have a few return customers on the v5 list that purchased v1,v2,v3,v4 in which I am super thankful and appreciative of all the support from them & everyone as well as Pinside over the last few years. That said I appreciate all the support regardless of the amount times in purchasing a Snackbar mod and will hold a best photo comp of their v5 mod installed and maybe one other comp for the whole range - v1 to v4

I will also be doing something with one of the last 1-2 mods where proceeds over cost will be donated to Pinside and the US pins in hospitals guys.

lastly this is it and limited, so you will have your wish @robotron911

thanks everyone

Jady

#31 3 years ago

Manufacturing Update:

Units 5 - 16: are almost ready and all going well will be done by mid next week. I will be in touch with those guys around mid next week for payment and then will mail out once funds have cleared.

#32 3 years ago

No:5 Mod left today and here are the other 11 mods (No: 6-16) ready for their owners - so for those that I recently contacted I will send payment details tonight

Tomorrow arvo will be starting the next 10 units - kits, plates etc and 20 tops are coming from overseas and will start the painting process when they get here.

IMG_4301 (resized).JPGIMG_4301 (resized).JPG
#35 3 years ago

Postage Update

8 mods posted out today - 1 x Aus, 1 x Canada, 2 x UK, 4 x USA

Just some info when you get your package - the price tag on the box does not reflect the full cost paid as the insurance component is not captured on the box - if in doubt I can show you the receipt

expect delivery anywhere from 1 week to 6 weeks - depends on express and standard shipping.

#37 3 years ago

Update 9-9-20

- Starting units 17-26 - accessories at this point as still waiting on 3d printed parts caught up in covid travel delays

- I just sent out a email to the next 9 people (1 person getting 2 units) requesting addresses and selecting their postage option. Please reply soon.

- For the people on the list in positions 27-50 please be patient, if I have confirmed you prior you are still on the list.

cheers

Jady

1 week later
#39 3 years ago

thanks heaps Mo, glad you like the mod and appreciate the design / quality

you game looks stunning and love the icecream, never seen that before.

enjoy

cheers

Jady

#40 3 years ago

Update 21-9-20

- have finished and assembled all plates for the rest of the full production run
- ordered the snackbar tops ( x 20) but sadly stuck in covid travel so far 3 1/2 weeks
- signage parts being made for the full production run
- half the lighting is in stock and almost the full remaining production run lighting (almost as I bought out everything in stock from comet 4-5 weeks ago) is still in freight.

I did estimate next run of 10 ready by end of Oct - I will miss that date due to covid freight delays - please bare with me, sorry.

Jady

1 week later
#45 3 years ago

Update 30-9-20

all the parts have finally arrived for the next run of 10 units so tapping holes and painting will start over the next few days and these all going well will be ready in about 2 weeks. In addition have enough for the following run of 10 except for lighting from Comet Pinball - been 6 weeks covid mail waiting for parts but reckon it will be here in the next 2-4 weeks.

The next 20 should run pretty good as long as the weather is nice for painting.

thanks for your patience and chat soon.

Jady

1 week later
#48 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballPat:

I too am interested in obtaining a V3 or (preferably) 4 if anyone is upgrading to a 5. If not, I'll just set Jady up on a drip email and keep bugging until we get another run.....

Quoted from Bam_Man:

Did you happen to have any 5s leftover? Or should I also bug you relentlessly until you give in and do another run?

Sorry guys the list has closed at 50 early Sept. and I may have a few left over beyond the 50 - but depends on decals and plate quality etc, bit of a unknown at this stage.

I have had over 10 people want one beyond the closed list and I will not be making any more - BUT at the very end I will put up any available units in this thread and it will be a first in first served gets one. So you will have to watch this thread as I whittle away the production / stock. Units 17-26 will be finished and ready for payment by those guys by next weekend and then posted, and then I will then start working on the next 10 units - numbers 27-36.

The last batch of Snackbar Tops took 5 weeks from Shapeways (USA) and the next batch will be despatched from Shapeways in the next few days (I hope) and also waiting on lighting from Comet which is currently hitting 7 weeks in transit (in which I bought out their stock last time and I still need to order more to complete all the potential mods).

#49 3 years ago

** Previous Snackbar Mod Owners **

Also for any of the guys that are upgrading you are welcome to post here in this thread if you want to sell your older version Snackbar Mod once you receive your v5 or prior to help these other guys - I will not be offended or upset as it helps you and these guys that missed out.

cheers

Jady

1 week later
#51 3 years ago

Update - 17-10-20

- Payment Requests sent out to the next 10 x mod owners as these mods are ready to box up and ship out now - check your email / forum in-boxes.
- Group Email sent out to next 10 people and will be sending out PM's requesting personal info in the next week.
- If you don't get a email or pm you are in either of the 2 final runs (only if you have been confirmed on the list prior)
- Only possible delays - Comet Pinball Lighting for the remaining mods is literally on the slow boat from China - hitting 8 weeks somewhere ? lost ? but Comet is going to help me out - big shout out for these guys - thanks.

cheers

Jady

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

Is it too late to get one? I just saw this for the first time tonight. Don’t know how I missed it

the list has closed and any remaining ones will be sold in a fire sale at the end of the production run - aiming to release a couple to Christmas if all goes well

#54 3 years ago

8 of the 10 have been sent out, waiting on payment and then send out the remaining 2

started on 10 more today

IMG_4553 (resized).JPGIMG_4553 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#56 3 years ago

Update 26-10-20

- all the leds have arrived which is awesome
- currently we have real crap weather here for last 3 days with another 3 days to come so will delay painting by a week for the moment
- 1st coat of undercoat is done on the next run of 10

chat soon

1 week later
#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

In case you really don't want to do that mod anymore, would you consider licencing it? Maybe someone else would be interested into building a few units

I don't like to say "never" but I have parked alot of other projects to keep doing these and it is time for me to get on to those and just out of time to still spend with family and full time job. And I have said that I won't be doing any more so I must stick to that.

That said I would consider if anyone was serious about doing being respectful and producing these under "license or other" that I would be open to the discussion but it can't be a dodgy home printed top - dead against that to maintain quality and value for all the previous buyers / supporters. While I have a home printer and it's great for proof of concept, they don't produce excellent quality prints that will remain stable for many many years to come.

#59 3 years ago

update 11-11-20

mods (27-36) are curing and will have decals and lighting installed this weekend. I have sent a heads up email to those people just now so expect a final tally sheet sent this weekend. Once paid they will be ready to post out early next week.

mods (37-46) have started - holes tapped, and undercoating started, all lighting has arrived and signage assembled. I have sent a heads up email to those people just now to watch for a pm with more info early next week. Aiming to have these ready to send out end of November to hopefully arrive by Xmas / New Years ????.

mods (47-56) + very last no:57 is for me for keeps sake - aim to have finished by Christmas - will send a email so you know that you are not forgotten.

#60 3 years ago

at this stage looks like 4 will be leftover but 15 people have messaged me so with be made available in a first in best dressed grab - aiming to make available for between boxing day and new years day

Jady

#62 3 years ago

Update 14-11-12

10 mods (No: 27-36) finished, tested and ready for packing, with another 10 (No: 37-46) with undercoating started.

I will send out payment info in the next day to the 10 people getting these.

cheers

Jady

IMG_4617 (resized).JPGIMG_4617 (resized).JPG
#63 3 years ago

Payment requests sent out via Pinside PM to 8 x Pinsiders

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Mate you're a machine churning these outs - awesome work Jady!!

Quoted from Compy:

No kidding!
He makes it hard to keep up! Nice work indeed Jady!

cheers guys - trying to get them finished by Christmas plus it helps that I work lets me work at home during covid so after knocking off work I am in the shed almost every day plus in the garden before the peak of summer (over 40deg c = 105 fahr)

Plus I have to build a fence - the last one lasted 20 years and eaten out by borers - yesterday took 3hrs to jack hammer 3 holes 600mm / 2 foot deep in solid rock. and also making way for a pergola so my son is chopping down palms - but more will go back in.

IMG_4596 (resized).JPGIMG_4596 (resized).JPGIMG_4597 (resized).JPGIMG_4597 (resized).JPGIMG_4609 (resized).JPGIMG_4609 (resized).JPG

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Haha well Jimmy you're no slouch either with the number of your TZ backboards you're rolling out

definitely have to agree, Jimmy you are pumping those out and they are killer

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#70 3 years ago

good luck with the sale Dan and I am cool with you and others posting in this thread as there will not be enough mods for the interest expressed. For anyone interested, you can add the "Snackbar" signage on top to make it very similar to the more recent versions.

head to the link and check out the 6th manual down which shows how to add the signage
https://swinks.com.au/manuals

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

Jady
Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. The only reason that I did post that, was because I remember reading in this thread, were you stated that it was alright to actually do this. Now someone who does NOT have ANY versions of your AWESOME mod, can get one. I had 4 people contact me and I do have a deal with someone.
Before I actually sell it to him though, can you please CONFIRM with me, that I am actually still on your list to receive one. I was one of the last ones to get in on your final run. You did send me an email a couple weeks ago, but I just want to double check again, because ANY version of this MOD, is a absolute must have, for this pin!
THANKS!
Dan

Hi Dan

No worries in trying to sell via this thread, does not worry me and encourage other people as well.

Yes you are on the list and yours is one of 10 that I am currently painting.

cheers and don't hesitate to reach out via pm.

Jady

#73 3 years ago

Update 22-11-20

- Mods 37-46 - 2 costs of blue on the top left to go (all going well) and then 7 days of curing before decals and final assembly.
- future mod owners of No:37-46 would of got there pm of postage options and request for final postage details in the last hour - please respond in the next 5 days otherwise you risk be bumped.

If you no longer want the mod - no worries - there are lots of people keen - please just let me know, thanks.

cheers

Jady

1 week later
#74 3 years ago

Update 29-11-20

- Final messages sent out to future owners of No:37-46 for postage options, addresses etc -still waiting on 1 x pinsider - check your messages & email otherwise you might be bumped.

- No:37-46 are curing for a few more days before applying decals and final assembly

- final signage assembly - completed 10 of the 21 units

look out for payment requests in 3-4 days, and then I am on to the last 11 units with my goal to finish a few days before Christmas.

cheers

Jady

IMG_4698 (resized).JPGIMG_4698 (resized).JPG

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I have a new one coming so selling my older version.
Shipping to USA from Australia could make it not worth while though. But maybe any aussies or kiwis?[quoted image]

is that you Kurt, if so did not recognize the different avatar on this forum.

I send most snackbars to the USA, on average $30AUD to post 1 kit to USA standard, with tracking, no insurance and no signature.

#78 3 years ago

Update 6-12-20

- No:37-46 are finished and messages sent out to the new owners in the last hour via forum messages

- No:47-57 will be starting in the next 1-2 days - sorry running a little behind my plan. 6 are currently spoken for, and 4 will be made available sometime between Xmas and new years (goal) for a first in gets one (max limit of one each), and last one ever (11th) is mine for safe keeping and for my display.

- I will send a message for those are on the list for the first 6 later tonight for your details

Attached photo shows No:37-46 ready and also the next 11 Snackbars in solid nylon after MJF printing ready to be worked on.

cheers

Jady

PS - Have an awesome and safe Christmas everyone and thanks for the support this year and previous years as well and I wish you and your families a great 2021.

IMG_4720 (resized).JPGIMG_4720 (resized).JPG
#79 3 years ago

if you are casting any votes for the Twipy's don't forget to vote for the

Swinks - CFTBL Snackbar Mod v5

only if you like the mod for the Twipy's before the selection closes 10th Dec

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twipy-pinball-awards-pre-voting-open-now-2/

#80 3 years ago

Update 8-12-20

sorry for the delay in sending messages out to the next batch guys - sending out in the next 1hr.

of the most recent batch No:37-46 - 5 have been sent and no answers / payment for the other 5 as yet - please let me know no later than end of this weekend otherwise offered to the next people.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I'm exited, mine's on the way! Whooohooo!
PS. I will have an older (v1 I believe) for sale after I get my new one installed, will plan to post it to Pinside for sale section.

hopefully it will make good time and you get it next week, feel free to post here in this thread your available one as well

#83 3 years ago

Update 15-12-20

- last of the batch of No: 37 - 46 have all been posted out

- 2 coasts of undercoat to the top and bottom have been applied to the last ever batch No:47-57 and just need to sand and then on to blue but the keep has gone crazy - humid and very wet - so this will delay me a little.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hey Jady - how much rain have you guys copped or have you guys been spared compared to the guys further up the coast line? Saw some reports of the damage from the king tide up around Byron, wasn't pretty

We haven't had as much rain as expected and nothing near that of the Byron to Gold Coast area. We have just had rain in the arvo's when I have time and access to paint. Byron is really copping the coastal erosion similar to what we had a few months ago but Byron is a high tourist area - such a shame.

#86 3 years ago

Update 22-12-20
Check your tracking

For those that I just sent out their mods in the last 7-10 days please check your tracking as have been notified that one attempted delivery was made and now if no one gets back to the postal office it will be sent back to me - maybe they are not waiting as long as they should due to covid and overwhelmed with packages.

Please check and follow up your package - I messaged one pinsider this morning (Aus Time)

Also if it gets sent back to me I am charged US post back to me so if you still want it after it comes back to me you will have to pay your postage again and the return postage to me.

#87 3 years ago

Update 22-12-20
Last batch being painted

The weather has not been kind with a lot of rain and real high humidity so slowed painting down as had a cloudy coat of paint the other day.

Looking like painting will be finished shortly after Xmas and final assembly around New Years Eve - in which I will also release the last 4 units for a first in gets a remaining snackbar mod - limit of 1 per person.

cheers

Jady

1 week later
#88 3 years ago

Update 29-12-20
Last Batch

- The tops are curing and everything is pre-assembled ready for decals & final assembly in a few days time
- The very last 4 units will be available up for grabs - details to be listed when they are ready around New Years Eve / Day (Aussie Time) - you will have to keep checking if you want one.

cheers

Jady

#91 3 years ago

Final Snackbar v5 Mods

Well, I have finally finished off the last 10 x Snackbars with the 11th not quite finished but this mine for my display.

6 of these Snackbars are going to wait list guys but only 5 have responded so 1 will be reserved for this person 12hours only to then be offered up for grabs
4 of these Snackbars are available NOW (though doubt for long)

To try and score one of the 4 units, there are a few conditions:
1. Limit of one unit per person.
2. Send a PM via Pinside PM and the title must say “Last Snackbar v5”
3. Must pay by the end of the weekend as I want to pack and send asap.
4. Once the first 4 people send their PM with the correct PM titled message I will screenshot those 4 messages to save any dramas and share if necessary.
5. I will then announce that the 4 units have been sold to those Pinside members - pending payment.
6. I will then send payment details and postage options to those for people in the next 12hours as I am heading into NYE.

Mod Cost - $350 AUD
Optional Whirlpool Decal - $3 AUD
Postage - 4 options and varies greatly on country and option
IMG_5051 (resized).JPGIMG_5051 (resized).JPGwhirlpool bowl decal (resized).jpgwhirlpool bowl decal (resized).jpg

#95 3 years ago

update all 4 units up for grabs have been taken within 2minutes and a 5th person is on the reserve as one of the wait list guys has not responded so this is a last minute possibility.

Successful people are:
1. @crsedgar
2. @qbass187
3. @majicman110
4. The_Crow

and Jwfrdht I will update you soon

have sent out postage options and request for details for posting so let me know in the next 12hours to keep your position.

all the best everyone and Happy New Year

screen-capture-11 (resized).pngscreen-capture-11 (resized).png
#98 3 years ago

Jwfrdht was successful - all mods spoken for now

#99 3 years ago

Also anyone upgrading feel free to post here and other places that your mod is available if you want to sell an older version while people are looking.

#101 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Thanks for the new version Swinks - while very expensive absolutley amazing quality - best quality in a mod I have ever seen.
I will try and get to changing mine over this long weekend. You get my Twip vote for best quality mod.

thanks mate, it is not cheap but I also did not want cheap poor quality home 3D printing - these things should last the life time of the game being solid nylon.

as for Twippy's- let see if it makes the cut, heard that stumblor lighting mod made it but not the snackbar which would be funny and odd.

Enjoy

#102 3 years ago

I checked the Twip vote options and the Snackbar Mod is not part of the options for best mod but the The Move your Snackbar lighting kit is - ????

a guy in the committee was able to short list the move your snackbar straight to the list

#104 3 years ago

It is a head scratcher as one needs the other to be effective, but I think it is excellent that @stumblor's lighting mod made it as it takes the snackbar mod to a level that I wanted to take it but just did not have the knowledge to do so, so stumblor is deserving

I personally hope stumblor and Compy get a 1st and 2nd in what ever order - both great mods

#109 3 years ago

great to hear that it was undamaged and lucky I always have a few layers of bubble / padding and zip lock bags as I get a little nervous out the various postal systems.

Enjoy

#110 3 years ago

update 7-1-21

last 2 were paid for today, so sadly those waiting in hope all mods are sold and last dispatched today.

8 mods were sent out on Monday 4th and just been notified that 4 of those have already been delivered in the US - that was extremely fast freight, enjoy.

Thanks for all the support over the years with this mod and lets see what will come out in the near future.

Jady

#112 3 years ago

here is a video posted today by Pinball Supernova

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from pit3239:

unfortunately I bought the Supernova kit without having the Swinks snack bar mod, so I really need the Swing v5.
wish to found one Thanks

to help clarify - pit3239 bought the stumblor lighting upgrade kit without having a swinks snackbar mod.

stumblor's kit will fit on to a v2, v3, v4 and v5 swinks snackbar kit.

#116 3 years ago

For anyone that missed out on the Snackbar Mod here is the latest alternative - Snack Bar Sign Mod.

It is pretty much the same sign insert and housing as the one on the Snackbar mod but now has a dedicated base plate that is also your mount plate which has 3 optional mount points. The base plate can be purchased as is or with a detachable spacer and includes cable tie anchor slots to keep it looking neat. Then it is up to you where you mount it - like near the Snackbar hole, on on top of the original plastic.

I will share links for the parts once I finish the manual (in the next day) and it will be a Do It Yourself Kit - simply buy the parts and assemble in 15 minutes - no painting and could even use stumblor lighting mod (sign lighting only).

cheers

Jady

IMG_5149 (resized).JPGIMG_5149 (resized).JPGIMG_5151 (resized).JPGIMG_5151 (resized).JPGIMG_5166 (resized).JPGIMG_5166 (resized).JPGIMG_5168 (resized).JPGIMG_5168 (resized).JPG
#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Man, you're a lifesaver
Can this be mounted on a v1 (which if I recall did not have the snack bar sign)?
Cheers

Hi Ashram56

no this kit won't work for the Snackbar mod as it is a stand alone mod, BUT if you head to my page

and download the manual for retro sign kit for v1 and v2 (currently 6th manual down) it will show you how to add the sign to a v1 and v2 snackbar mod, hope it helps...

#121 3 years ago

Snack Bar Sign Mod (sign only mod)

Here is the link to the parts. note: you only need one of the base mounts with or without the detachable post.
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinkssnackbarsolo

Here is the manual for the Snack Bar Sign Mod (sign only mod).

Snack Bar Sign Mod.pdfSnack Bar Sign Mod.pdf
3 weeks later
#123 3 years ago

Just putting it out there that quite a few people still wanted the mod and while I am not making them anymore and won't be either. The only way to get one apart from second hand is a make your own in which I have put together a manual. It is known as a Snackbar Mod v6 to separate from the ones made, painted and fitted out Swinks which included the deletion of a hole in the SS plate and one in the snackbar top otherwise just like a v5.

It is the top manual in the Kit Builds Section.

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from robbo105:

For the Shapeways parts where there is an option, is there any benefit to the Smoothest vs the Smooth?

I actually always got the Smooth, a little cheaper but slightly less see through which is better for backlighting but some people in the past wanted smoothest.

#126 3 years ago

a Pinsider asked some advice and thought to share it hear to expand on my previous post a little more.

- Smooth or Smoothest comes down to personal taste, some people have requested smoothest and some go for the standard smooth.
- I always purchased the smooth on all my builds and not just because of price but also as it is a little more cloudy and spreads the light a little better and hides the leds a little better.
- The way Shapeways do it, is they print in the same material and in it's natural state is very translucent. Then they apply a ultra thin coat of clear to smoothen the surface a little with the benefit of making it a little more transparent and then they apply a second coat to get the smoothest effect as it makes it more smooth and more transparent. Shapeways go for texture and not overly concerned on clarity which is what we are using.
- For people that buy the Smoothest what I recommend is test a led strip behind the insert before installing into the housing and see what it looks like and then if you prefer a little more cloudy - lightly sand the back side with say 400grit to get a more cloudy look so you can't see the leds as well. Then if you like the more see through / clear use some pinball playfield polish and polish the back to make it more see through again. Then install the insert.
- Note: if you install first it will be difficult to remove to alter the finish and you may damage the insert and housing - not recommended.
- Same goes for the light blades I always got Smooth but you can polish to make them more see through if that is the look you prefer.

hope it helps

4 months later
#129 2 years ago
Quoted from Brh5073:

Man i am really upset i missed out on this. My dad is getting a machine this weekend and I would have loved to have gotten this for him

sorry, I don't make these any more but there were a number of pinsiders that upgraded that never installed their earlier version maybe you guys can reach out to Brh5073 or you can do a kit build

Jady

1 year later
#131 1 year ago
Quoted from jellikit:Here is a shout-out for Jady swinks in his thread. He has offered to donate one of his CFTBL Snackbar Mod Kits to Project Pinball for our charity auction to be held at Pinball Expo in October. The support of the pinball community from across the globe (Australia in his case) never ceases to amaze me. I look forward to showcasing the mod to some who may have yet to see it in-person. Thanks again!
Brad at Project Pinball
[quoted image]

Happy to contribute and help the kids and hospitals. My daughter suffered a serious illness and was hospitalised for a few weeks a number of years ago and my wife works at the hospital for the last 20 years so understand the value.

The Snackbar Mod will be a v7 though and trying to add a unique feature to it as well.

2 months later
#133 1 year ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I want to thank Jady once again for his generous donation of the Snackbar mod kit to our charity auction. It ended up selling for $533 to a very happy winning bidder. It looked great, I am happy to have seen it in person, his support and customization of the piece was awesome as well.

Happy to support this year and looks like it and many other items will allow a few games to be purchased for the hospitals.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swinks-cftbl-snackbar-mod-v5-last-ever-run?tu=swinks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.