screen-capture-11 (resized).png
whirlpool bowl decal (resized).jpg
IMG_5051 (resized).JPG
IMG_4720 (resized).JPG
20201201_144300 (resized).jpg
IMG_4698 (resized).JPG
IMG_4609 (resized).JPG
IMG_4597 (resized).JPG
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 3 years ago

This is final run of the last refined version of the Snackbar Mod - Version 5 - limited to 50-55 units.

The mod is $350 AUD + postage (charge the raw cost + box cost) - no packing fees etc.

I am vague on the final number to cover myself for a bad plate or decals when fully assembled - aiming for 55 units but confident of at least 50 units. I will not be making anymore in the future so this is the last ever run.

Over the years I tweaked the design to improve it and make it better each time. Some people may fall over with the price but many would admit and have shared that it is well engineered, high quality and adds a nice feel to the game. The top and resin parts are professionally 3D printed in Singapore and once they arrive holes are tapped, multiple coats of paint, accessories fitted etc etc. The 3D printing is solid with no partially hollow home prints as well as fastened to a custom stainless steel mounting plate along with magnets, decals, wiring, lighting (Comet Pinball product) and hardware - and surprisingly there are 44 parts to just this one mod.

In this latest edition it has a unique magnetic release system similar to the v4 (only 16 units made) where the base plate is fastened down to the game but the top is magnetised to the base plate meaning if a globe goes out it is a 3 second removal to fix.

This is my last ever run of 50-55 mods

I keep a list of interested parties - so to get on the list send me your:
- full name
- email address - for group updates
- country
and no money down until the mod is ready to ship.

Once the list is full with 50 people the list will be closed and will only reopen for the remaining units available as I don't want to disappoint people. I make 12 at a time over a 5-6 week period and when ready I then contact those 12 people waiting and send out the payment options. Then repeat the process.

Of the 50 units, with 22 people already on the list as they have been reaching out and encouraging me to make one last batch.

Units 1-4 - protos - have been made and sent out
Units 5-16 - (all allocated) 3dprinting being made and everything else in stock so ready in about 4-5 weeks

The mod is fitted with Comet Pinball led lighting that is fed from the feature light and a GI socket so is hassle free and no need to connect to the backbox boards. No RGB option though see the note below of stumblor mod in which I have endorsed but the v5 will go out with led lighting installed ready for plug and play.

The kit
IMG_3915 (resized).JPGIMG_3915 (resized).JPG

The v5 Mod installed
IMG_3928 - Version 2 (resized).JPGIMG_3928 - Version 2 (resized).JPG

Designed and fitted to mold around the games components
IMG_3925 (resized).JPGIMG_3925 (resized).JPG

Also this mod will accept stumblor awesome lighting upgrade mod if you wanted to take the mod to an awesome extra level.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-move-you-snackbar-a-lighting-mod-for-swinks-cftbl-snackbar
Note: his mod is a v3 but the sign is the same on the v5 and the v5 has no bolt on the front

#2 3 years ago

a few people have asked about the versions.

v1 - had el wire and while looked cool but was power hungry and had multiple bolts in the top - 5 bolts
v2 - had acrylic neon looking light blades which were brighter and looked the part but people wanted a more rounded look and v2 had the original classic red dome built into the mod but this was removed on v3 - and reduced bolts on top down to 3
v3 - had resin neon light blades and the top now had a Snackbar Sign styled similar to the playfield art which was a great addition but people still wanted the top decal lit up so came up with a rear mounted bulb which was semi effective - and reduced bolts on top down to 1 for the sign and 1 on the front.
v4 - had the better lighting of the top as well as the new magnetic mounting system but was a very short run of 16 units to use up stock. 10 of these units had RGB lighting in the neon tube section but the signage always stayed on - only one bolt on top for the sign
v5 - has small improvements to the top as well as a matching Stainless Steel plate and some other tweaks - only one bolt on top for the sign. The only thing I never achieved was lighting up the letters and stoked that stumblor achieved this.

here are 2 photos of a 3 led strip fastened to the underside of the ramp lighting the top in certain modes and looks great. 1 photo is light off and 2nd is light on.

IMG_3934 (resized).JPGIMG_3934 (resized).JPGIMG_3935 (resized).JPGIMG_3935 (resized).JPG

#3 3 years ago

lastly here is the manual for the v5.

CFTBL Snackbar Mod v5 - Manual rev2.pdfCFTBL Snackbar Mod v5 - Manual rev2.pdf
#4 3 years ago

Buy with confidence... this gentleman is a great asset to the Pinball community!

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Buy with confidence... this gentleman is a great asset to the Pinball community!

Agree!

#6 3 years ago

I’m in.

#7 3 years ago

I'll take one

#8 3 years ago

This has always been one of my favorite mods ever. Perfect.

#9 3 years ago

as per the first post send your details and you will go on the list 33 of the 50 spots now taken.

details needed:
- full name
- email
- country it will go to

thanks

Jady

#10 3 years ago

Please
Put me on the list as well. I sent you a pm.
Thanks

#11 3 years ago

Put me on your list too.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from goggleloy:

Please
Put me on the list as well. I sent you a pm.
Thanks

Quoted from Gunner:

Put me on your list too.

got your details - your on the list

thanks everyone for the support

#13 3 years ago

Freaking gorgeous mod. Please add me to the list. PM sent.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Freaking gorgeous mod. Please add me to the list. PM sent.

your on the list, thanks

#15 3 years ago

Can't wait, this is one cool mod!

#17 3 years ago

thanks for the interest guys...

4 mods have been sent out and got the 3d printed parts for 12 more last night so tapping holes and painting starts tomorrow..

replied pm's to a few people, only 6 positions left though sure a couple will drop out in time.

#18 3 years ago

PM Sent ... THANKS!
Dan

#19 3 years ago

replied DB62 and only 4 positions left

#20 3 years ago

Buy with confidence - Jady is one of the good guys! I have ver 3 and it's a fantastic addition to CFTBL

#21 3 years ago

PM'd you my info to add me to one of those positions. Thanks swinks !!

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

PM'd you my info to add me to one of those positions. Thanks swinks !!

you are on the list,

thanks for the interest everyone

#23 3 years ago

messages sent out to the guys allocated for mods No:5 through to 16 - chasing final details and will be ready soon.

if you did not get a message you are still on the list and I will be getting to yours soon

#24 3 years ago

List is temporarily closed as full, but sure some will drop out along the way and will offer them up down the track

I won't be taking any more names at this point, sorry

Jady

#25 3 years ago

i'd take one if any spots open. thanks!

#26 3 years ago

I currently don't own a creature but I'm in for the mod!

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i'd take one if any spots open. thanks!

Quoted from Scoot:

I currently don't own a creature but I'm in for the mod!

Thanks for the interest guys.

Currently the list is full and closed, I will post here if any become available - which I am sure some spots will free up when it comes to pay up time. I just can't take any more names as then people get their hopes up and since this is the last ever run you will just need to watch this thread.

Also there are about 3 people that are upgrading so some older models will be available in the near future so hopefully they will reach out to you as well.

cheers

Jady

#28 3 years ago

I'd also take one if any spots opens. Thank you

#29 3 years ago

I've upgraded twice. Normally, I would say not worth it, but Swinks' mod is such an upgrade over OEM and the integration is perfect. Selfishly, I'm glad that these are being phased out because I think the limited quantity reinforces the exceptional nature of this mod.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I've upgraded twice. Normally, I would say not worth it, but Swinks' mod is such an upgrade over OEM and the integration is perfect. Selfishly, I'm glad that these are being phased out because I think the limited quantity reinforces the exceptional nature of this mod.

thanks for the kind words, and too my surprise I have a few return customers on the v5 list that purchased v1,v2,v3,v4 in which I am super thankful and appreciative of all the support from them & everyone as well as Pinside over the last few years. That said I appreciate all the support regardless of the amount times in purchasing a Snackbar mod and will hold a best photo comp of their v5 mod installed and maybe one other comp for the whole range - v1 to v4

I will also be doing something with one of the last 1-2 mods where proceeds over cost will be donated to Pinside and the US pins in hospitals guys.

lastly this is it and limited, so you will have your wish robotron911

thanks everyone

Jady

#31 3 years ago

Manufacturing Update:

Units 5 - 16: are almost ready and all going well will be done by mid next week. I will be in touch with those guys around mid next week for payment and then will mail out once funds have cleared.

#32 3 years ago

No:5 Mod left today and here are the other 11 mods (No: 6-16) ready for their owners - so for those that I recently contacted I will send payment details tonight

Tomorrow arvo will be starting the next 10 units - kits, plates etc and 20 tops are coming from overseas and will start the painting process when they get here.

IMG_4301 (resized).JPGIMG_4301 (resized).JPG
#33 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

No:5 Mod left today and here are the other 11 mods (No: 6-16) ready for their owners - so for those that I recently contacted I will send payment details tonight
Tomorrow arvo will be starting the next 10 units - kits, plates etc and 20 tops are coming from overseas and will start the painting process when they get here.[quoted image]

Awesome work Jady!!!

#34 3 years ago

Would be interested in purchasing a V4 mod from someone who is upgrading.

#35 3 years ago

Postage Update

8 mods posted out today - 1 x Aus, 1 x Canada, 2 x UK, 4 x USA

Just some info when you get your package - the price tag on the box does not reflect the full cost paid as the insurance component is not captured on the box - if in doubt I can show you the receipt

expect delivery anywhere from 1 week to 6 weeks - depends on express and standard shipping.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Would be interested in purchasing a V4 mod from someone who is upgrading.

Ditto, if someone is upgrading, or if *swinks* decides to make a few more, hit me up I’d be interested.

#37 3 years ago

Update 9-9-20

- Starting units 17-26 - accessories at this point as still waiting on 3d printed parts caught up in covid travel delays

- I just sent out a email to the next 9 people (1 person getting 2 units) requesting addresses and selecting their postage option. Please reply soon.

- For the people on the list in positions 27-50 please be patient, if I have confirmed you prior you are still on the list.

cheers

Jady

1 week later
#38 3 years ago

Wanted to share my latest addition

Received my order in record time from down under to the uk. V5 mod inc RGB LED. Total install about 25 mins and.....wow. Jady mate you are a total star. Quality is far better than any mod I have purchased before, but not only that, there are spares and even tools just in case. I mean totally beyond thoughtful.

Anyway, its installed and here are the results

For the RGB "Neons" I have a separate regulated 5v (10A)\12v (10A) supply (just above transformer) which switches on with the machine and I just add connectors as needed (cost about £25). Though all boards are new anyway, this allows me to add mods without worrying about the boards or a tap. Might be useful to others

Jady, thanks again mate, I already have your poster mod and taillight mode (needs to go on still) but this really just fits in perfectly and should have been there from the start.

Awesome

IMG_4267 (resized).jpegIMG_4267 (resized).jpegIMG_4269 (resized).jpegIMG_4269 (resized).jpegIMG_4271 (resized).jpegIMG_4271 (resized).jpegIMG_4265 (resized).jpegIMG_4265 (resized).jpegIMG_4262 (1) (resized).jpegIMG_4262 (1) (resized).jpeg
#39 3 years ago

thanks heaps Mo, glad you like the mod and appreciate the design / quality

you game looks stunning and love the icecream, never seen that before.

enjoy

cheers

Jady

#40 3 years ago

Update 21-9-20

- have finished and assembled all plates for the rest of the full production run
- ordered the snackbar tops ( x 20) but sadly stuck in covid travel so far 3 1/2 weeks
- signage parts being made for the full production run
- half the lighting is in stock and almost the full remaining production run lighting (almost as I bought out everything in stock from comet 4-5 weeks ago) is still in freight.

I did estimate next run of 10 ready by end of Oct - I will miss that date due to covid freight delays - please bare with me, sorry.

Jady

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

you game looks stunning and love the icecream, never seen that before.

Ice Cream is part of the UpKick Pinball Snack attack Kit as is the hot dog switch cover.

Thanks again mate

#42 3 years ago

BigMo That's one of the cleanest cab interiors I've seen. It looks fantastic! Also, I never knew of the Upkick pinball mods. I just ordered their complete CFTBL mod kit!

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

bigmo That's one of the cleanest cab interiors I've seen. It looks fantastic!

Thanks mate. It’s been a labour of love with a complete tear down and rebuild with almost all new parts and any mod I could find. A true lockdown story . I had to tear the cab apart and completely rebuilt With marine ply as the base had rotten away.

I have been playing almost non stop after the Snack Bar install and can’t stop looking at it. It looks sooooooo awesome

#44 3 years ago

I'm so glad you decided to do another run, Jady! Personally, as you know, I pretty much did whatever I could to work with you to build the one I have and I still can't thank you enough for being so helpful and patient through the whole process. I'd gladly do it all over again too, I love the Snack Bar mod that much!

I know you said this would be your last ever run, but with their being 7,841 CFTBL pins made, I foresee a coming out of retirement version one of these days. You can call it R1

I'm not sure if all the spots have been taken, but If anyone with a Creech is reading my post and hasn't bought one, don't pass this opportunity up!

~ Bryan
343E6715-F198-4197-BA88-088520B00564 (resized).jpeg343E6715-F198-4197-BA88-088520B00564 (resized).jpeg433782FE-3EE1-4FBA-B227-56109D487CDD (resized).jpeg433782FE-3EE1-4FBA-B227-56109D487CDD (resized).jpeg59EE7D29-017A-468D-A73A-42C4F01B38B3 (resized).jpeg59EE7D29-017A-468D-A73A-42C4F01B38B3 (resized).jpeg827BD60E-635E-47BE-8D59-44D0F2220DE5 (resized).jpeg827BD60E-635E-47BE-8D59-44D0F2220DE5 (resized).jpegB35153F0-EA20-4314-ACC7-551C2414D022 (resized).jpegB35153F0-EA20-4314-ACC7-551C2414D022 (resized).jpegBD61F8E5-12FE-4501-80A1-560E35810C32 (resized).jpegBD61F8E5-12FE-4501-80A1-560E35810C32 (resized).jpegBF6A21CC-45FD-41F5-BE96-31717CE64923 (resized).jpegBF6A21CC-45FD-41F5-BE96-31717CE64923 (resized).jpeg

IMG_9592 (resized).JPGIMG_9592 (resized).JPGIMG_9590 (resized).JPGIMG_9590 (resized).JPGIMG_9596 (resized).JPGIMG_9596 (resized).JPGIMG_9601 (resized).JPGIMG_9601 (resized).JPGIMG_9689 (resized).JPGIMG_9689 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#45 3 years ago

Update 30-9-20

all the parts have finally arrived for the next run of 10 units so tapping holes and painting will start over the next few days and these all going well will be ready in about 2 weeks. In addition have enough for the following run of 10 except for lighting from Comet Pinball - been 6 weeks covid mail waiting for parts but reckon it will be here in the next 2-4 weeks.

The next 20 should run pretty good as long as the weather is nice for painting.

thanks for your patience and chat soon.

Jady

1 week later
#46 3 years ago

I too am interested in obtaining a V3 or (preferably) 4 if anyone is upgrading to a 5. If not, I'll just set Jady up on a drip email and keep bugging until we get another run.....

#47 3 years ago

Did you happen to have any 5s leftover? Or should I also bug you relentlessly until you give in and do another run?

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballPat:

I too am interested in obtaining a V3 or (preferably) 4 if anyone is upgrading to a 5. If not, I'll just set Jady up on a drip email and keep bugging until we get another run.....

Quoted from Bam_Man:

Did you happen to have any 5s leftover? Or should I also bug you relentlessly until you give in and do another run?

Sorry guys the list has closed at 50 early Sept. and I may have a few left over beyond the 50 - but depends on decals and plate quality etc, bit of a unknown at this stage.

I have had over 10 people want one beyond the closed list and I will not be making any more - BUT at the very end I will put up any available units in this thread and it will be a first in first served gets one. So you will have to watch this thread as I whittle away the production / stock. Units 17-26 will be finished and ready for payment by those guys by next weekend and then posted, and then I will then start working on the next 10 units - numbers 27-36.

The last batch of Snackbar Tops took 5 weeks from Shapeways (USA) and the next batch will be despatched from Shapeways in the next few days (I hope) and also waiting on lighting from Comet which is currently hitting 7 weeks in transit (in which I bought out their stock last time and I still need to order more to complete all the potential mods).

#49 3 years ago

** Previous Snackbar Mod Owners **

Also for any of the guys that are upgrading you are welcome to post here in this thread if you want to sell your older version Snackbar Mod once you receive your v5 or prior to help these other guys - I will not be offended or upset as it helps you and these guys that missed out.

cheers

Jady

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

** Previous Snackbar Mod Owners **
Also for any of the guys that are upgrading you are welcome to post here in this thread if you want to sell your older version Snackbar Mod once you receive your v5 or prior to help these other guys - I will not be offended or upset as it helps you and these guys that missed out.
cheers
Jady

Ditto I'll buy an older version.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 27.95
€ 24.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swinks-cftbl-snackbar-mod-v5-last-ever-run?hl=pinballpat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.