screen-capture-11 (resized).png
whirlpool bowl decal (resized).jpg
IMG_5051 (resized).JPG
IMG_4720 (resized).JPG
20201201_144300 (resized).jpg
IMG_4698 (resized).JPG
IMG_4609 (resized).JPG
IMG_4597 (resized).JPG
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Thanks for the new version Swinks - while very expensive absolutley amazing quality - best quality in a mod I have ever seen.
I will try and get to changing mine over this long weekend. You get my Twip vote for best quality mod.

thanks mate, it is not cheap but I also did not want cheap poor quality home 3D printing - these things should last the life time of the game being solid nylon.

as for Twippy's- let see if it makes the cut, heard that stumblor lighting mod made it but not the snackbar which would be funny and odd.

Enjoy

#102 3 years ago

I checked the Twip vote options and the Snackbar Mod is not part of the options for best mod but the The Move your Snackbar lighting kit is - ????

a guy in the committee was able to short list the move your snackbar straight to the list

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I checked the Twip vote options and the Snackbar Mod is not part of the options for best mod but the The Move your Snackbar lighting kit is - ????
a guy in the committee was able to short list the move your snackbar straight to the list

That’s wild...

#104 3 years ago

It is a head scratcher as one needs the other to be effective, but I think it is excellent that @stumblor's lighting mod made it as it takes the snackbar mod to a level that I wanted to take it but just did not have the knowledge to do so, so stumblor is deserving

I personally hope stumblor and Compy get a 1st and 2nd in what ever order - both great mods

#105 3 years ago

Thanks mate and I agree it is all a bit bizarre.
Compy should definately take it out though what he has done is mind blowing, not just from the perspective of TZ but for all the future directions that tech can take. Exciting stuff.

#106 3 years ago

Compy will probably take it.

stumblor swinks I'm glad your mods are sold separately. It made it easier to explain the cost of each to my wife.

#107 3 years ago

What arrived in the mail today from Australia was a soggy and crushed box....

IMG_20210104_121153-01 (resized).jpegIMG_20210104_121153-01 (resized).jpeg
#108 3 years ago

But good news,, it was undamaged and it looks totally rad!

IMG_20210104_161854-01 (resized).jpegIMG_20210104_161854-01 (resized).jpeg
#109 3 years ago

great to hear that it was undamaged and lucky I always have a few layers of bubble / padding and zip lock bags as I get a little nervous out the various postal systems.

Enjoy

#110 3 years ago

update 7-1-21

last 2 were paid for today, so sadly those waiting in hope all mods are sold and last dispatched today.

8 mods were sent out on Monday 4th and just been notified that 4 of those have already been delivered in the US - that was extremely fast freight, enjoy.

Thanks for all the support over the years with this mod and lets see what will come out in the near future.

Jady

#111 3 years ago

hi , looking for one CFTBL Snackbar Mod v5 .
Thank
Pierre

#112 3 years ago

here is a video posted today by Pinball Supernova

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

compy will probably take it.

I think his will as well and since it's not limited it will get in the hands of a lot more people which likely results in more votes.

#114 3 years ago

unfortunately I bought the Supernova kit without having the Swinks snack bar mod, so I really need the Swing v5.
wish to found one Thanks

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from pit3239:

unfortunately I bought the Supernova kit without having the Swinks snack bar mod, so I really need the Swing v5.
wish to found one Thanks

to help clarify - pit3239 bought the stumblor lighting upgrade kit without having a swinks snackbar mod.

stumblor's kit will fit on to a v2, v3, v4 and v5 swinks snackbar kit.

#116 3 years ago

For anyone that missed out on the Snackbar Mod here is the latest alternative - Snack Bar Sign Mod.

It is pretty much the same sign insert and housing as the one on the Snackbar mod but now has a dedicated base plate that is also your mount plate which has 3 optional mount points. The base plate can be purchased as is or with a detachable spacer and includes cable tie anchor slots to keep it looking neat. Then it is up to you where you mount it - like near the Snackbar hole, on on top of the original plastic.

I will share links for the parts once I finish the manual (in the next day) and it will be a Do It Yourself Kit - simply buy the parts and assemble in 15 minutes - no painting and could even use stumblor lighting mod (sign lighting only).

cheers

Jady

IMG_5149 (resized).JPGIMG_5149 (resized).JPGIMG_5151 (resized).JPGIMG_5151 (resized).JPGIMG_5166 (resized).JPGIMG_5166 (resized).JPGIMG_5168 (resized).JPGIMG_5168 (resized).JPG
#117 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

For anyone that missed out on the Snackbar Mod here is the latest alternative - Snack Bar Sign Mod.
It is pretty much the same sign insert and housing as the one on the Snackbar mod but now has a dedicated base plate that is also your mount plate which has 3 optional mount points. The base plate can be purchased as is or with a detachable spacer and includes cable tie anchor slots to keep it looking neat. Then it is up to you where you mount it - like near the Snackbar hole, on on top of the original plastic.
I will share links for the parts once I finish the manual (in the next day) and it will be a Do It Yourself Kit - simply buy the parts and assemble in 15 minutes - no painting and could even use stumblor lighting mod (sign lighting only).
cheers
Jady
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man, you're a lifesaver

Can this be mounted on a v1 (which if I recall did not have the snack bar sign)?

Cheers

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Man, you're a lifesaver
Can this be mounted on a v1 (which if I recall did not have the snack bar sign)?
Cheers

Hi Ashram56

no this kit won't work for the Snackbar mod as it is a stand alone mod, BUT if you head to my page

https://swinks.com.au/manuals

and download the manual for retro sign kit for v1 and v2 (currently 6th manual down) it will show you how to add the sign to a v1 and v2 snackbar mod, hope it helps...

#119 3 years ago

Looks good even on Ghostbusters!

#120 3 years ago

Ok finally did my swap over. Selling my V2 for 200aud plus postage. Perfect condition with spare new decals as well.
I have messaged Pingamer as he was first in line, if I dont hear back in a day its open to others.
New one looks good thanks Jady.

edit this is now sold thankyou

#121 3 years ago

Snack Bar Sign Mod (sign only mod)

Here is the link to the parts. note: you only need one of the base mounts with or without the detachable post.
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinkssnackbarsolo

Here is the manual for the Snack Bar Sign Mod (sign only mod).

Snack Bar Sign Mod.pdfSnack Bar Sign Mod.pdf
#122 3 years ago

If anyone is selling an older version of the mod, please PM me so we can discuss.

Regards

3 weeks later
#123 3 years ago

Just putting it out there that quite a few people still wanted the mod and while I am not making them anymore and won't be either. The only way to get one apart from second hand is a make your own in which I have put together a manual. It is known as a Snackbar Mod v6 to separate from the ones made, painted and fitted out Swinks which included the deletion of a hole in the SS plate and one in the snackbar top otherwise just like a v5.

It is the top manual in the Kit Builds Section.
https://swinks.com.au/manuals

#124 3 years ago

For the Shapeways parts where there is an option, is there any benefit to the Smoothest vs the Smooth?

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from robbo105:

For the Shapeways parts where there is an option, is there any benefit to the Smoothest vs the Smooth?

I actually always got the Smooth, a little cheaper but slightly less see through which is better for backlighting but some people in the past wanted smoothest.

#126 3 years ago

a Pinsider asked some advice and thought to share it hear to expand on my previous post a little more.

- Smooth or Smoothest comes down to personal taste, some people have requested smoothest and some go for the standard smooth.
- I always purchased the smooth on all my builds and not just because of price but also as it is a little more cloudy and spreads the light a little better and hides the leds a little better.
- The way Shapeways do it, is they print in the same material and in it's natural state is very translucent. Then they apply a ultra thin coat of clear to smoothen the surface a little with the benefit of making it a little more transparent and then they apply a second coat to get the smoothest effect as it makes it more smooth and more transparent. Shapeways go for texture and not overly concerned on clarity which is what we are using.
- For people that buy the Smoothest what I recommend is test a led strip behind the insert before installing into the housing and see what it looks like and then if you prefer a little more cloudy - lightly sand the back side with say 400grit to get a more cloudy look so you can't see the leds as well. Then if you like the more see through / clear use some pinball playfield polish and polish the back to make it more see through again. Then install the insert.
- Note: if you install first it will be difficult to remove to alter the finish and you may damage the insert and housing - not recommended.
- Same goes for the light blades I always got Smooth but you can polish to make them more see through if that is the look you prefer.

hope it helps

1 week later
#127 3 years ago

I still looking for Swinks Snack bar mod v1 or more , please let me know if you have one for sell

3 months later
#128 2 years ago

Man i am really upset i missed out on this. My dad is getting a machine this weekend and I would have loved to have gotten this for him

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from Brh5073:

Man i am really upset i missed out on this. My dad is getting a machine this weekend and I would have loved to have gotten this for him

sorry, I don't make these any more but there were a number of pinsiders that upgraded that never installed their earlier version maybe you guys can reach out to Brh5073 or you can do a kit build

Jady

1 year later
#130 1 year ago

Here is a shout-out for Jady swinks in his thread. He has offered to donate one of his CFTBL Snackbar Mod Kits to Project Pinball for our charity auction to be held at Pinball Expo in October. The support of the pinball community from across the globe (Australia in his case) never ceases to amaze me. I look forward to showcasing the mod to some who may have yet to see it in-person. Thanks again!

Brad at Project Pinball

a84a4106ba0f58ee0606d478e2957e96a2e03832 (resized).jpga84a4106ba0f58ee0606d478e2957e96a2e03832 (resized).jpg
#131 1 year ago
Quoted from jellikit:Here is a shout-out for Jady swinks in his thread. He has offered to donate one of his CFTBL Snackbar Mod Kits to Project Pinball for our charity auction to be held at Pinball Expo in October. The support of the pinball community from across the globe (Australia in his case) never ceases to amaze me. I look forward to showcasing the mod to some who may have yet to see it in-person. Thanks again!
Brad at Project Pinball
[quoted image]

Happy to contribute and help the kids and hospitals. My daughter suffered a serious illness and was hospitalised for a few weeks a number of years ago and my wife works at the hospital for the last 20 years so understand the value.

The Snackbar Mod will be a v7 though and trying to add a unique feature to it as well.

2 months later
#132 1 year ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Here is a shout-out for Jady swinks in his thread. He has offered to donate one of his CFTBL Snackbar Mod Kits to Project Pinball for our charity auction to be held at Pinball Expo in October. The support of the pinball community from across the globe (Australia in his case) never ceases to amaze me. I look forward to showcasing the mod to some who may have yet to see it in-person. Thanks again!
Brad at Project Pinball
[quoted image]

I want to thank Jady once again for his generous donation of the Snackbar mod kit to our charity auction. It ended up selling for $533 to a very happy winning bidder. It looked great, I am happy to have seen it in person, his support and customization of the piece was awesome as well.

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I want to thank Jady once again for his generous donation of the Snackbar mod kit to our charity auction. It ended up selling for $533 to a very happy winning bidder. It looked great, I am happy to have seen it in person, his support and customization of the piece was awesome as well.

Happy to support this year and looks like it and many other items will allow a few games to be purchased for the hospitals.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.00
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swinks-cftbl-snackbar-mod-v5-last-ever-run/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.