Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2504 (resized).JPG
IMG_2505 (resized).JPG
IMG_2503 (resized).JPG
Spot Bowler 6-11-17 - Copy (resized).jpeg
Spot Bowler partial restore 1 - Copy (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Posted this in the Market, values section and got no response. So thought I would try the EM hangout and see if that helps.

Have a 1938 Swing just got going 100 percent, which is great since saved it from becoming a coffee table. It has a black replacement coin door, a crack in the left side of the back box at the bottom. And a funky ball stop at the upper left of the play field. But back glass and playfield are beautiful BG has one small scratch but is original. Captive ball feature is cool, and may be first of its kind. And it really helps make game play much more interesting than the "watching grass grow" play of most flipperless games. There is a video posted on FB EM pre wwll group.

Have a Spot Bowler have had for almost 2 years. Playfield has some obvious wear. The bumpers are touchy re getting out of adjustment easily. And the 6-10 bumper reset was broken on the reset mech and won't reset intermittently when you start a new game. Back glass is original and has a few small wear / flaking spots and has been triple thicked, but not touched up.

Not positive going to sell either, but really need to thin the herd. Also really like both games so torn about selling, and getting an idea of values might help decide.

IMG_2503 (resized).JPGIMG_2503 (resized).JPGIMG_2504 (resized).JPGIMG_2504 (resized).JPGIMG_2505 (resized).JPGIMG_2505 (resized).JPGSpot Bowler 6-11-17 - Copy (resized).jpegSpot Bowler 6-11-17 - Copy (resized).jpegSpot Bowler partial restore 1 - Copy (resized).jpgSpot Bowler partial restore 1 - Copy (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

I'm probably going to sell my Spot bowler. Mine had all the same marks and other wear on the playfield. Did a restore on it. I see your glass is faded just like mine was. I actually created a translate that combines with a masked glass behind it to give the same results as the original but with vibrant colors. The wood trim on yours looks really nice.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I'm probably glint to sell my Spot bowler. Mine had all the same marks and other wear on the playfield. Did a restore on it. I see your glass is faded just like mine was. I actually created a translate that combines with a masked glass behind it to give the same results as the original but with vibrant colors. The wood trim on yours looks really nice.

Hi, I assume glint, means going to? Any idea what price you might be thinking?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Hi, I assume glint, means going to? Any idea what price you might be thinking?

Not sure what I typed to have autocorrect come up with that but yes. I'm thinking about selling it. It's a pretty desirable machine so it won't be cheap with mine in good condition. I get messages several times a year asking me if I would sell it. With the damage on yours, I'm not sure of a good price. You can PM me if you have any questions about the machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Eddie in 3D Relief Pre-order!
Twisted Tokens
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swing-spot-bowler-value-help?hl=dcrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.