Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Gotpins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I picked up Star Wars Episode 1 with a nucore computer and noticed it is not saving the time and date or high scores. It does seem to save some other settings like free play and other game play changes. I did some looking around and found that I should replace the battery on the nucore usb board and make sure the J3 jumper is present. I did that and still no joy. It seems to always go back to being one day off from what the actual day is and the year is something crazy like 2847. I looked around and noticed the mother board has a battery too so I changed that battery and reset the time, turn off then on and the time is wrong again. But this time it defaulted to a different wrong date and time that wasn't just a day off but instead was January 1 but the year was 2800ish. And now with the new battery on the motherboard the computer doesn't turn on by itself with the main power switch. I have to hit the main power switch then hit the switch on the computer box. Then it boots up with the incorrect date and looses the high scores again. Does anyone have any ideas what I should be trying next to get the time and and date to save? Also why do I have to power the computer on separately now having just changed the battery on the motherboard? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

I picked up Star Wars Episode 1 with a nucore computer and noticed it is not saving the time and date or high scores. It does seem to save some other settings like free play and other game play changes. I did some looking around and found that I should replace the battery on the nucore usb board and make sure the J3 jumper is present. I did that and still no joy. It seems to always go back to being one day off from what the actual day is and the year is something crazy like 2847. I looked around and noticed the mother board has a battery too so I changed that battery and reset the time, turn off then on and the time is wrong again. But this time it defaulted to a different wrong date and time that wasn't just a day off but instead was January 1 but the year was 2800ish. And now with the new battery on the motherboard the computer doesn't turn on by itself with the main power switch. I have to hit the main power switch then hit the switch on the computer box. Then it boots up with the incorrect date and looses the high scores again. Does anyone have any ideas what I should be trying next to get the time and and date to save? Also why do I have to power the computer on separately now having just changed the battery on the motherboard? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

By removing the battery on the board, you cleared the CMOS settings and now you have to go into the BIOS with a keyboard and regular monitor and set the PC up all over again. You need to poke around in the PC and set the power on after power loss to "on". Options are usually "on", "off" or "last state". That'll fix the computer part.

As for fixing the NuCore, I can't help there. Sounds like the NuCore nvram is dead. I guess that's just one more thing a pinbox user doesn't have to worry about.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks Markmon! I poked around in the bios section and found a few things that didn't seem right and changed those to match what I found in the Nucore instructions online. The computer boots now with the main power switch. I corrected the time and date in the bios section too and that did not solve the problem but it did change the way the clock is working in the game settings. Now minutes are correct and the day of the week and day of the month are correct but the year is off and every power cycle adds more years but the day of the month stays the same. So for example I corrected the date last night as Friday dec 2 2016 at 8:37 pm, I power cycle and the date and time change to Sunday dec 2 2032 12:37 pm. Power cycle again and it's Tuesday dec 2 2048 12:37 pm. And high scores still won't save.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swep1-w-nucore-not-saving-all-settings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.