Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9408 (resized).JPG
IMG_9407 (resized).JPG
IMG_9397 (resized).JPG
IMG_9406 (resized).JPG
IMG_9396 (resized).JPG
#1 1 year ago

Here's a mod I made for my SWEP1, at first I thought I could connect the mod to the flashers but I did'nt want it to work the whole game, only on "combat mod" (Jedi combat) , then I thought I could connect it to the lightsaber, but with this option, Darth Maul and Quigonjin would continueally spin, that I did'nt want.... So after a few weeks of thought I found a solution, I connect the figurine motors, which are 6 volt motors, to the flashers behind back playfield panel (ther're the ones that flash only when you hit the center and ramps in combat mod) I used this step down to lower the voltage that goes to the motors from the flashers to 6 volts:
ebay.com link: itm

The Darth Maul and Quigongin figurines are only activated when the lightsaber on the PF illuminates because I connected a 12 volt relay between the motors and the flasher lamps, which is activated by the power that lights the lightsaber, by the way, the lightsaber is only activated at combat mod, and, when shooting each ball for 1 pulse or 2.
This is the 12 volt relay I used for this project:

Here are a few pictures.
I'm testing waters with a 15 RPM motor (Darth Maul) and a 30 RPM motor (Quigonjin) , right now I'm thinking of puting a 30 RPM motor for Darth Maul because I like the way Quigonjin turns compared to Darth Maul.

IMG_9396 (resized).JPGIMG_9396 (resized).JPGIMG_9397 (resized).JPGIMG_9397 (resized).JPGIMG_9406 (resized).JPGIMG_9406 (resized).JPGIMG_9407 (resized).JPGIMG_9407 (resized).JPGIMG_9408 (resized).JPGIMG_9408 (resized).JPG

#2 1 year ago

I forgot to mention what motor I used to spin the figurines:

The figurines only activate (spin) when the balls hit the center sheild and both ramps, in other words, only when Darth Maul and Quigonjin give each other lightsaber hits (my wife playing, she's good..... )

#3 1 year ago

Nice!

#4 1 year ago

Thanks.
I had lots of fun making it.

#5 1 year ago

That is a great mod I may attempt that.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Jeff1960:

That is a great mod I may attempt that.

If you need any help, let me know and it'll be a pleasure to help out.

#7 1 year ago

By the way, the most important thing to do before buying anything else is to buy the right sized figurines, they must be less than 3 inches tall so that they don't touch the playfield glass, most figurines are 3.75 inches tall, so it's hard to find smaller without going to small as well.

#8 1 year ago

Thank you I appreciate it.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Jeff1960:

Thank you I appreciate it.

No problem.
Another note, my tests tell me to use 30 RPM motors, NOT 15 RPM, the 30 RPM motors give "a better show", they pulse faster as compared to the 15 RPM who hardly move when activated. These:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 85.00
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swep1-pinball-i-made and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.