• Latest reply 10 years ago by flugs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

luca.png
#1 10 years ago

So, I have a great SWEP1 playfield, and I'm on the lookout for a decent cab to put it in.

There is a complete machine local to where I work, but it's not fully working right now. I think it needs some driver board work, but I'm not really sure (one coil isn't firing, they bought a replacement and of course, it didn't fix the problem).

I told the guys who own it I was interested in buying it if they ever sold it. I got an email yesterday offering it to me as is for $2100.

I haven't had a chance to look it over completely, but there are some blemishes on the cabinet. I've been told the playfield is perfect.

I've told the guy I'd like to stop by with some tools to check it out.

What should I offer for a non working SWEP1 in 7.5/10 condition?

#2 10 years ago

If its any help, I sold my totally upgraded swe1 for $2000 about 2 years ago. I took a 'hit' on it since break even for me would have been $2300.
I had installed an LCD monitor that looked great, i had zero issues with all mechs/boards/computer and my cab/playfield sound the same as the one you're talking about.
Personally, for a non-working swe1 with board issues that haven't been fully diagnosed - I'd start at $1700 and play with numbers from there.

#3 10 years ago

I am no expert, but have both RFM and SWE1 I wouldn't give more than $1200.00 for a non working machine, unless you know what the fix is and its simple. if its simple don't fix it there. buy it take it home and do it .
You should be able to find a decent
working machine for under $2500.00, I just blew out my monitor on RFM and its costing me
$350.00 to do a LCD conversion. These machines can turn into money pits real quick
Good Luck

#4 10 years ago

I'm thinking that to high. I considered a similar purchase for a RFM recently. They wanted 1600. That seemed more reasonable.

#5 10 years ago

I gave $1500 for a fully working one about 5 months ago. Seller is smoking crack lol. I'd offer him $1000 to bring him back to reality.

#6 10 years ago

Offer him $700 and a swift kick in the... Sorry, I just wanted to continue the downward pricing trajectory that this thread was on!

#7 10 years ago

Ofter fifty bucks and a ham sammich.

#8 10 years ago

Make him an offer he can't refuse...

luca.pngluca.png

Seriously though, I would think $1500-$1700.

#9 10 years ago

I happen to think $2100 for a non working swep1 is yet another example of an overpriced pin. Non-working means just that. Non-working. You know these things can be a money pit.

It always boils down to how badly you want it.

#10 10 years ago

There is a VERY nice one i went to see listed on Ebay. I think he'll take $2,400 or $2,500 for it.

#11 10 years ago

To bad you are so far away, I have a true HUO with around 500 plays on it . It has gold plaque on it, was one of the last few ever made . Was going to let it go for 3000.00, when I am ready to list it.

#12 10 years ago

yeah non working p2k? thousand bucks plus or minus. Maybe 1500 tops if ya just gotta have it

#13 10 years ago

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Just to clarify, it isn't totally non working. It has one coil that won't fire. Probably a transistor on the driver board.

#14 10 years ago

From your description it is a minor problem with the pin. The computer works, but it is only a coil which is not working (or did I misunderstand something).
The driver board of the P2K is quite easy to fix.
In this case I do not think it is really overpriced.
Especially for the P2K which have "special" parts like the window, the prism card, etc, which are rare and are sold for a quite high price.
He could easily sell the playfield+cards as conversion kit and the window and will get already 2k for this.
But, if it is just the driver board this should simply be fixed, saving another P2K!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swep1-not-working-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.