droid-2A (resized).jpg
droid1 (resized).jpg
swep1-lightsabers (resized).jpg
IMG_4467.jpeg
IMG_4466.jpeg
IMG_4464.jpeg
IMG_4465.jpeg
IMG_4325 (resized).jpg
There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Any bugs or deficits you know of? I’m interested in upgrading.

I played it for almost a year as 1.5, I did not see any issues. I'd imagine you could re-install 1.4 if you wanted.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

True, I technically have other builds, but I'm not sure how they play.
50069_0150_07252000
50069_0150_09222003
50069_0160_02012013
50069_0165_02212018
50069_0200_02262016

The last official release I saw was v1.5 (50069_0150_09222003). Where did these "other builds" come from?

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Any bugs or deficits you know of? I’m interested in upgrading.

Me too, I think I'm on 1.4. Very interested in the graphic quality increasing. I put in the video amp and it helped a ton.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

The last official release I saw was v1.5 (50069_0150_09222003). Where did these "other builds" come from?

I pulled them from the same servers and assumed they were home grown like the RFM updates.

Here are the release notes from Williams for up to 1.65

Star Wars Episode One - Revision History

Version: 1.65 - DEC 09 2018
(Changes From 1.60)
Updated XINA (1.23)
This version doesn't require 8MB of system memory anymore.
German-Translation fixes.
Pod-Race needs 5 Checkpoints to win.

Version: 1.60 - APR 23 2006
(Changes From 1.50)
Updated XINA (1.21)
This version requires 8MB of system memory.

Version: 1.50 - SEP 22 2003
(Changes From 1.40)
Incorporate the final version of XINA (1.19) which fixes the problem
where booting the system with the power driver board disconnected
can cause factory reset to occur due to the mismatch of the last
country dipswitch setting in CMOS vs. the country setting for
an open power driver board cable.

Version 1.40 - July 31, 2000
(Changes from V1.30)

Updated to latest operating system.
Enhanced coin/bill handling and credit system.
Added tournament mode fix for exploiting ramp shots.

Version 1.30 - September 21, 1999
(Changes From V1.20)

Added power-cycle fix for games with Japanese dipswitch settings.

If you have already upgraded to version 1.20 and are not using Japanese dipswitch settings, this upgrade is not necessary.

Version 1.20 - September 16, 1999
(Changes From V1.00)

Added translations
Added optional ball saver (off by default)
Added G-U-N-G-A-N / J-A-R-J-A-R rule to bumpers/spinner.
Made locked balls kick out immediately at end of game.
Added HSTD tables to status report.
Added instructions to attract mode.
Added action buttons (up/down one line) to initials entry.
Tweaked various scoring, lamp, and display choreography problems.
Made ramp/spinner combos forgiving of ramp/switch errors.
Fixed bug in Replay Boost.
Fixed screen when a PC keyboard is connected.
Added adjustment to allow slam tilt to reset the game.
Fixed O/S bug which incorrectly calculated ROM checksums in some cases.

Copyright (c) 1999, Williams Electronics Games, Inc.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Version: 1.65 - DEC 09 2018
Pod-Race needs 5 Checkpoints to win.

NICE!

1 week later
#56 5 years ago

hi,
just grabbed a really nice swep1
my wife loves it and it seems enjoyable.
a good companion for rfm and the others.
smallest club I join !

#57 5 years ago

i have a nos kit for this game to, waiting to plug it in

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

i have a nos kit for this game to, waiting to plug it in

Enjoying your RFM 2.0 update, would love for you to work on this game as well.

#59 5 years ago

by the way applejuice i have currently no time to work on translation. I hope it's not something that blocks your work :/
sorry for that.
SWEP1 update would be great indeed, your work on RFM is spectacular !

1 week later
#60 5 years ago

I'll second wanting an update to SWEP1, as the RFM work looks very good indeed! I've also wondered if it would be possible to update the movie clips to better quality, say HD? I know it wouldn't work on the original hardware, but with Nucore, I don't see why not, and that would make the game look so much better!

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Jive:

I'll second wanting an update to SWEP1, as the RFM work looks very good indeed! I've also wondered if it would be possible to update the movie clips to better quality, say HD? I know it wouldn't work on the original hardware, but with Nucore, I don't see why not, and that would make the game look so much better!

I would definitely pay for that upgrade

#62 5 years ago

I would also

#63 4 years ago

I would love an update for this one and have been thinking about figuring out how to do it myself.
With just a little tweaking this game can be so much better!

1 week later
#64 4 years ago

I was installing the video amplifier board from ultimarc when I accidentally unplugged a small pair of wires on the computer.

Where exactly does this connect? I circled them in yellow in the closer picture.

F2A8BA59-8EF9-452A-BD22-2704580C91DC (resized).jpegF2A8BA59-8EF9-452A-BD22-2704580C91DC (resized).jpegFE1941EA-9EAC-48CF-BF62-D1FB50AA411B (resized).jpegFE1941EA-9EAC-48CF-BF62-D1FB50AA411B (resized).jpeg
#65 4 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

I was installing the video amplifier board from ultimarc when I accidentally unplugged a small pair of wires on the computer.
Where exactly does this connect? I circled them in yellow in the closer picture.
[quoted image][quoted image]

If it's from the prism card, that's the motherboard reset.

2 weeks later
#66 4 years ago

I have some PUB cards left if anyone is interested.

1 week later
#67 4 years ago

Question for SWEP1 owners - how long does your shield stay up once it's in the open position? I feel like mine comes down too quickly and as a result I'm never able to get the ball into popper behind the shield. I have replaced the shield switch and the diode on the switch but nothing seems to change this behavior. Diagnostics reports no errors with the shield.

Thanks for any guidance.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Question for SWEP1 owners - how long does your shield stay up once it's in the open position? I feel like mine comes down too quickly and as a result I'm never able to get the ball into popper behind the shield. I have replaced the shield switch and the diode on the switch but nothing seems to change this behavior. Diagnostics reports no errors with the shield.
Thanks for any guidance.

Maybe I have mine set up differently or on an easier setting, but mine seems to stay up indefinitely, until I make the shot or drain the ball. I’ll double check later.

#69 4 years ago

Cross posting here in hopes that more people who own this game will see this:

Quoted from JamesH007:

Does the switch register in the switch test ?

I don't know how to interpret the switch test screen. I see a number of green squares, some white with O in the middle (these are the ball trough optos I think). I don't understand what any of the options are in the switch diagnostics screen when I press the start button either.

I've tried putting the playfield up and testing the shield hold solenoid diagnostic while I manually press the shield switch but it doesn't make any difference - during shield hold test, the solenoid weakly tries to raise the bar but it never goes all the way to the top and it never holds. Regular shield power test is strong - the shield shoots up to the top with force.

#70 4 years ago

Hello,

as a member of this club, I would like to share with you our current fundraising to purchase 3 pinball machines for our local Children's Hospital, they would replace the actual machines I've placed with my wife.
Share the love and don't hesitate to PM me for details :

https://www.ulule.com/des-lumieres-dans-les-yeux/
all details : https://www.deslumieresdanslesyeux.fr/en

#71 4 years ago

Finally fixed the issue and figured out how the switch test works. For those who are new to the game (like me), the switch test works by manually pressing any of the switches in the game - the diagnostic will beep if the switch is registering correctly. In my game, no switches were reporting errors. However, even though the switch was working correctly, it was not getting fully triggered by the shield. I had re-installed the switch at least a dozen times trying to get it just right, but on the thirteenth try I finally succeeded. The shield hold is now working as intended. Hopefully this helps another new owner to the game.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Finally fixed the issue and figured out how the switch test works. For those who are new to the game (like me), the switch test works by manually pressing any of the switches in the game - the diagnostic will beep if the switch is registering correctly. In my game, no switches were reporting errors. However, even though the switch was working correctly, it was not getting fully triggered by the shield. I had re-installed the switch at least a dozen times trying to get it just right, but on the thirteenth try I finally succeeded. The shield hold is now working as intended. Hopefully this helps another new owner to the game.

Thanks for posting that!

1 month later
#73 4 years ago

Hi.
I own a SWEP1 since Jan 2018, but I played it only 2 or 3 times, due all the blue posts are destroying themselves.
Ordered them last month. In some days will I replace them and start again playing.
Does the problem of this plastic affects only my pin ?

I find the pinball fantastic. It is the 9th of my collection but I think is great. Totally different from the others: music is great, video is great, playing is really fast, colours are intensive.

I changed the light saber with one of Frank Niro, because the original one was broken.

At work finished will I post some pictures.

#74 4 years ago

The multiball in this FANTASTIC pin is made of 3 balls; right ?

1 week later
#75 4 years ago

Correct, both multiballs are three ball multiballs.

2 months later
#76 4 years ago

Hello,

In search of complete working lightsaber for swep1.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from jcarruth:

Hello,
In search of complete working lightsaber for swep1.

Hi. I bought the mod of niro pinball having problems in finding an original one.

#78 4 years ago

Does someone installed macrolon on the pinballs playfield ?
According to producer declaration the playfield coat is really hard.
Does we have to have trust or not ?

#79 4 years ago

Sold mine, bye bye

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Marco1973:

Does someone installed macrolon on the pinballs playfield ?
According to producer declaration the playfield coat is really hard.
Does we have to have trust or not ?

What is the question? The playfield has a very good coating of what is called clearcoat. It is very tough.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

What is the question? The playfield has a very good coating of what is called clearcoat. It is very tough.

The question is, if you would install the macrolon or not.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Marco1973:

The question is, if you would install the macrolon or not.

If the playfield is in good shape with little wear, I would not. It should have a nice clear coat already.

#83 4 years ago

Does someone knows if there are some protectors for the two small holes and the big central one ?
I mean something like cliffy protectors.

IMG-20191009-WA0004 (resized).jpegIMG-20191009-WA0004 (resized).jpeg
#84 4 years ago

Sadly I have left the swamp. I hope many enjoy it in its new home.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#85 4 years ago

They already have! It was an absolute hit at my dads 60th birthday party and personally find it’s simplicity quite refreshing. Thanks again Tim!
3465FE81-7098-4B07-B495-B6C6ABF563F7 (resized).jpeg3465FE81-7098-4B07-B495-B6C6ABF563F7 (resized).jpeg

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

They already have! It was an absolute hit at my dads 60th birthday party and personally find it’s simplicity quite refreshing. Thanks again Tim!
[quoted image]

It was great meeting you Peter. Glad it has found a good home. How much did you sell the Hamm's sign for?

1 month later
#87 4 years ago

I recently bought a SWEP1, and am enjoying it, but need some help. Really hope someone here is able to assist.
First, if there is anyone in the Atlanta Ga region that knows how to service it, please let me know. Else, here are my issues.

1- Original monitor has been replaced with a 19inch LED, paired with a vid converter card. Seems to be working fine, and i have tried to align screen as best as possible. Still, would be great if i could have a photo of the hologram effect to use as a sample for my alignment. currently the 2 light sabers below the score sit between the word star and wars. Would love to align better and check best alternatives to make display better.

2-my green light saber is dim and lights up 3/4 of the way. it never strobes or flashes. How to fix?

3-The most important issue. Something wierd happens often after a ball is locked, or thrown in the mid target hole thing... it will first give me a new ball to shoot out of the shoot lane (normal), and after i shoot it, immediately give me another one to shoot (not normal... i think). so technically i can play with 2 balls... but the moment one ball goes down... flipers stop responding, and the pin waits for next ball to fall so i can proceed. even if i leave the second ball in the launch lane, if i loose the first one, the round will not be over until i launch second ball... despite flipers being locked cause of first lost ball. HOW DO I FIX THIS?!

Thanks in advance!

#88 4 years ago

Hi. I would try to make a test to verify if the opto switches where the balls "sleeps" works fine.
Sometimes they just need to be cleaned.

For the saber I will replace it. I will post in this days my new saber made from 2NiroPinball.

#89 4 years ago

For the double ball issue it could be a couple things - how many balls are installed? Does the shooter lane have a switch in it (I don't remember)? If it does, is it registering? Do you get any switch errors in diagnostics?

#90 4 years ago

ill check tonight and try to post a video (since im z total noob). ill link once its posted to follow up

1 month later
#91 4 years ago

Can anyone let me know how many batteries are installed in this game. I see a 2032 in the computer box but thought there was another on the motherboard. Wanted to change them out as they are the originals from 1999. Thanks!

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Can anyone let me know how many batteries are installed in this game. I see a 2032 in the computer box but thought there was another on the motherboard. Wanted to change them out as they are the originals from 1999. Thanks!

I believe there is a battery on the rom card itself.

1 week later
#93 4 years ago

Hey guys - just making a repro part announcement. We began making repro MRS' (as found in SWEP1 - there are 2) in mid-2019 - but only announced on the RFM page (they are handmade and didn't want to get overwhelmed with orders). We've been branching out more to other pin clubs that utilize this crazy unobtanium switch....the MRS stands for Magnetic Reed Switch - and they are also found in CV, NBAFB, NGG, SC and CC ...they went unobtanium half a dozen years ago or so - so my partner and I at M&M Creations decided to remake them. Our MRS is plug/play - it is lighter, thinner and more sensitive than the original MRS. You can see a pic of the repro MRS solo and in a lineup with an original Williams MRS, a Sega MRS (used in Maverick, Space Jam and SW:Trilogy) and a repro M&M Creations MRS. My wait list was caught up recently and time to help more folks...just PM if interested!

Matt & Dan

MRS-R (resized).jpgMRS-R (resized).jpgmrs_compare (resized).jpgmrs_compare (resized).jpg
#94 4 years ago

where is this used in RFM?

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

where is this used in RFM?

In the lock lane as the ball rolls past the diverter - there are 3 MRS' located there.

#96 4 years ago

Just joined the club with a SWE1 pin that I will be posting pictures of soon as I have an interesting build for this pin.

And I'm curious if anyone can help me with Nucore?

Also, would anyone have art scans they could share with me from the head?

Thanks!!

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from prostock32:

Just joined the club with a SWE1 pin that I will be posting pictures of soon as I have an interesting build for this pin.
Thanks!!

Nucore/Pinbox isn't perfect, but it works. If you want to go down that road, I would suggest converting to LCD to save some headaches associated with getting it to work properly with CRTs.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from prostock32:

Thanks!!

I have a custom plug-and-play, working pinbox setup available for sale, cheap! And a set of new head decals. I also have a bunch of random other parts too.
PM me if you're interested.

#99 4 years ago

Here’s a great mod for the game. Not sure if anyone has tried this, but it’s cheap and eliminates translight glare from the play field glass.

An $8 “bent plastic” dmd glare guard. Really can’t even notice that it is installed. Just lift the translight, set the edge of the guard in the channel and set the translight back down.

57CFA107-D178-41B7-8054-F579BC71F4EB (resized).jpeg57CFA107-D178-41B7-8054-F579BC71F4EB (resized).jpeg7044A856-5681-491C-A8F3-AD32C6D8827C (resized).jpeg7044A856-5681-491C-A8F3-AD32C6D8827C (resized).jpeg
#100 4 years ago

I just played a game of my Star Wars and here's a pic with the glare guard off and then on. I would have to be maybe 6'6" (am 6'4") at least to not see the translite reflection on the playfield.

IMG_2058 (resized).JPGIMG_2058 (resized).JPGIMG_2059 (resized).JPGIMG_2059 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

5,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swep1-loyal-order-of-the-gungans-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.