(Topic ID: 27847)

Sweet deal, $199k for a Strange Science!

By NJGecko

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by JDub1006
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#2 11 years ago

It's just marketing for the rest of their games. The games all look great...but overpriced.

#3 11 years ago

seems like a waste of time.. I wouldn't buy anything from them just on principle of stupid marketing tactics

#4 11 years ago

That thing better come with Kelly LeBrock circa 1984.

#5 11 years ago

I dunno, it is a pretty good game IMO. I am in mine for less than that though.

#6 11 years ago

Has 2 offers!!!!!!! LOL

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

That thing better come with Kelly LeBrock circa 1984.

Funny you mention that, every time I read that title name I think of weird science. By far one of my fav movies from my childhood, Bill Paxton was great in that!

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

It's just marketing for the rest of their games. The games all look great...but overpriced.

It's hard to make a living in the pinball restoration business. For what they put into these games, even with the price they list them for, they aren't making much of a profit in the long run. Yeah, this eBay listing is just to poke fun at the pinball community. And you know what? It worked!

#9 11 years ago

Reading down the page I see he includes the following games with the purchase of the Strange Science, Free!

No... we don't expect that anyone would pay a $199,000.01 for a pinball machine, even one this nice. Somebody PLEASE surprise me & click "Buy It Now"?
Bonus for whoever has the guts & wallet to do just that? We'll throw in the following list of GRC Quality turn-key machines:

Restored DE Simpsons Pinball (As seen singly in our other listings.)
Restored Xenon Pinball
Restored Hot Tip Pinball (As seen singly in our other listings.)
Restored Sega Frankenstein Pinball
Refurbished Dr. Dude Pinball
Refurbished Maverick Pinball
Refurbished Back to the Future Pinball
Refurbished GTB Strikes N' Spares Pinball/Bowler
HUO Roller Coaster Tycoon Pinball (As seen singly in our other listings.)
HUO Lord of the Rings Limited Edition Pinball (As seen singly in our other listings.)
HUO Pirates of the Caribbean Pinball
HUO Monopoly Pinball
HUO Nascar Pinball
Pristine Refurbished DE Hook Pinball
Restored 1964 Southland Little Pro Mannequin Bowler (As seen singly in our other listings.)
Refurbished 1940 Keeney Texas Leaguer (As seen singly in our other listings.)
Refurbished Carnevil Arcade Video Shooter (As seen singly in our other listings.)
Refurbished Defender Arcade Video Classic
New (Display Unit) Skeeball Classic Alley (As seen singly in our other listings.)
New (Display Unit) Arcade Legends 3 Mulitcade (As seen singly in our other listings.)
New (Display Unit) Benchmark Metropolitan Popcorn Machine
We'll even throw in Melanie's Halloween Party Decorations. You're coming, aren't you?

Photos & info on "throw in" machines available upon request.

We will entertain reasonable offers. Obviously, the highest one should win.
Unreasonable offers, don't bother - "Automatic Rejection" is on. How well do you actually handle rejection? Eh...

#11 11 years ago

Their machines look nice but, this guy is a little off his rocker. His IPDB ratings are so...random and his marketing techniques are bizare.

Go figure

#12 11 years ago

What a twit!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sweet-deal-199k-for-a-strange-science and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.