• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by coz6
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

632px-Mediagxboard.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viper001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction on a maddening problem I'm having on my SWE1 machine. The game will run normally for several hours at a time but eventually the CPU seems to become disconnected from the power driver board. I will discover the game displaying the "Coin door is open" message but none of the playfield lights are working but the screen and the computer still seems to be working, and sometimes it will appear to be stuck in a game. I checked the LEDs when it's like this and I have noticed the blinking "health" LED will be out during these events. Rebooting the machine will get it working again for another couple of hours but it always seems to end up back in this state.

Things I have tried up to this point. I have a new power supply in the computer cage. I also pulled the motherboard and made sure it was not shorting out against the computer cage box (a suggestion from the PB2K Wiki site) but neither made any improvement. The power driver board was swapped into this machine from my HUO RFM which I did to get the STE1 neon working, so the power driver board is relatively low use as compared to the game itself (which is a high use route game). For the record the power driver board never had any issues in it's old home in my RFM.

I'm open to any suggestions of what to try next. This problem seems to occur whether the game is being played, or is just left running in attract mode.

TIA for any suggestions!

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Its possible that the motherboard Capacitors need to be changed if they haven't been already. Maybe as the temp rises during play the Cap values fall out of tolerance resulting in locking up. There are 5 Caps on the board and may have a bloated/swollen look like me New Years day Use 10v 1000uf, 105c Caps.
[quoted image]

I saw that mentioned on one of the repair forums. But just to be clear, the computer itself never seems to lock up, it happily keeps running away (either going through it's attract mode, or if it is somehow is in a game it will continue to run the monitor and the sound during one of these events). It just seems to lose connectivity with the power driver board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 85.00
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

5,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viper001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swe1-pb2k-runs-for-several-hours-and-then-partially-crashes?tu=viper001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.