Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ZEN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I bought a SWE1 kit for my RFM, but it arrived with a broken lightsaber. I figured it was the transformer, but as a friend and I took the lightsaber apart to replace the transformer, I saw that the neon was broken.

I ordered a car neon kit after seeing posts on here showing that this could work. The neon was too small and did not seem very bright.

I went today to a custom neon shop here in town. The guy measured the tube and did a uv test which showed that the tube glows green. He then made a tube for me while I watched as he explained the process.

He charged me $40 for the tube and said he would be willing to make more for me if there is interest. He told me he would recommend increasing the size slightly to make it more durable and had suggestions about how to ship without it breaking.

If you are interested, respond in the thread. If there is any interest, I will send them to you for $40 plus the shipping price.

#2 10 years ago

Cool of you to provide that service!

#3 10 years ago

I would be interested in one, wonder if he could make one for CV too in purple or multi color...I was looking for one and the place that sold them has been out (pindecals I think). PM me with details and

#4 10 years ago

James

I was wondering about making them for cv too because I think they would much cheaper than the ones I have seen available. The problem with cv is that I don't have access to one to show him the shape and size. Do you have one you could send to me to take to him?

#5 10 years ago

Does the cv neon lie flat and have curves in it or does it curve in three dimensions. If it lies flat, you could probably trace one and I could get it made for you.

1 week later
#6 10 years ago

Would be sweet to customize and use a blue tube...

#7 10 years ago

It lies flat, I could probably pull it from my machine and send it to you, I think some of the aftermarket ones are multi color neons

1 month later
#8 10 years ago

I am picking up four neon tubes for SWE1 today. This will give me two extras. Send me a pm or post a reply if you would like one of the extras for the $40 cost to me.

I am getting a tracing of the tube for CV and will post when they become available.

2 weeks later
#9 10 years ago

I have one more swe1 neon tube if anyone needs a replacement.

#10 10 years ago

Neon going to Australia. I will get a few more made. Just let me know if you need one.

#11 10 years ago

dont hesitate to order from Boo32, good seller, great tube, great price

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swe1-neon-replacement-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.