(Topic ID: 22697)

SW DE a couple of weird problems, saved settings, sound.

By cireone

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by cireone
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-08-17_18-58-16_611.jpg
#1 11 years ago

1. So I picked up a SW DE last weekend and everything worked great. The battery holder was replaced with some type of battery mod. (Ill add pics of it later if need be).For the last 2 days it was resetting to factory settings, (not on freeplay, high scores gone) I checked the voltage coming from the battery and it has power, checked the connections at the board, also getting power. Checked it again this morning and it did hold the settings. Any idea why sometimes it is holding the settings and sometimes not?

2. Last night when I was playing there was a couple of games where during the game, Ben would say, Use the force, and then all music would cut out, the sound effects would all still work normally just the music would cut out. I turned the machine off for a few minutes and turned it back on and the problem did not happen again. When I turned it on to test it out this morning before I left for work it was working normal as well. Any idea why this problem happened?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

#2 11 years ago

1 - check if battery power is getting onto the board, check away from where holder is soldered on.

2 - check for loose or poorly soldered fuse holders first.

LTG

#3 11 years ago

3 - Be excited for the custom set of code coming that fixes the score balancing!

#4 11 years ago

Ok, here is a pic of the battery mod, I got home today and turned on the machine, it had been off for about 10 hours and I got the open the door error and my settings were lost once again. Any ideas? Where should I be testing at to see if there is power to the board? Also why did they solder to the diode rather than the place where the batter pack would make contact? Corrosion?

2012-08-17_18-58-16_611.jpg2012-08-17_18-58-16_611.jpg

#5 11 years ago

Anyone got any ideas?

#6 11 years ago

I'd pull that euro mod

Go to radio shack and get a 4 battery holder and a diode (get spares of each depending on your solder skills)

follow directions
http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/battery.html

Go off the schematic. Pull it off ipdb.org The points look ok off the top of my head. I'd still verify with the print.

#7 11 years ago

Thanks guys, installed a new remote battery pack and all seems to be well, so far...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swde-a-couple-of-weird-problems-saved-settings-sound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.