3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BubbaPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bubbapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

So I just got a untested soundboard from a shaq attack that looks like it's never had a iron taken to it. My soundboard in my street fighter doesnt do the drum beats and has screeching issues because it has been shotgunned the hell out of by the previous owner and its screwed up probably beyond repair.

I took the roms from the sf2, put them in the new board from shaq attack, booted it up, both sound boards lights are blinking so good so far. Start game, hear a drum beat for the first time ever...but.... the music is different... like real different... okay so shoot the ball great.... oh wait as soon as the ball hits the playfeild the boards lock up... a light on on one and off on the other... until I defeat a fighter then it kicks back in....

Visually they are the same model board, have components in the same exact spots but some of the chips are different... keep in mind myboriginal one had alot of work done to it. I'm just trying to figure out if I'm missing something M or is this shaq attack board gonna need to be sent off

#3 3 years ago

2 day bump

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Have you tried verifying the ROMs to make sure they haven't become corrupted?
Have you tried using Marco's test ROM to test each of the processors on the board?

Roms work in old board but not new board, I've gone back to old board to verify. And dont have a bench test set up to try the test rom.

Quoted from BriPin:

Have you done a factory reset? My CBW acts ups somewhat frequently and a reset always gets it back on track.

Yup tried that, no dice

Quoted from ChrisHibler:

You aren’t missing anything.
Your swap should have worked.
Those boards are boogers to get working properly.

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

Yup, that's what I'm figuring, either a processor or a ram, dont know exactly how to test without a bench test.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bubbapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swapping-soundboard-gottlieb-system-3?tu=bubbapin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.