• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2970 (resized).JPG
Pioneer playfield w LED (resized).JPG
#1 3 years ago

I'm looking to take the best of each machine and make one really nice and have the other as one to sell. I wanted to hear if it's possible to unplug one and plugging it into the other. I have both machines and the playfield on the Spirit of 76 is beautiful and the Pioneer has some wear. Since these are the 2 player and 4 player versions of the same machine, I was looking for guidance if this could be as easy as I'd like it to be.

IMG_2970 (resized).JPGIMG_2970 (resized).JPGPioneer playfield w LED (resized).JPGPioneer playfield w LED (resized).JPG
#2 3 years ago

I believe it's just plug and play. I swapped a "Soccer" into a "Super Soccer" and a "Doutron into Magnatron" many years ago. Just change the upper arch with the game name on it.

#3 3 years ago

Try it try it and let us know. worst thing to happen is a fuse or two.

#4 3 years ago

I have done with a Big indian>>>> Big brave and a Surf champ>>>>Surfer with no issues at all so plug and play.Even colour of wires were the same which you might just want to check and compare jones plugs in case you need schematics down the road

#5 3 years ago

Thanks for your replies. I’ll attempt this next weekend as I have to move 4 machines to get this ready.

#6 3 years ago

There shouldn't be any difference between the playfield assemblies. The rest of the game does have differences.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swapping-playfields-from-a-4-player-spirit-of-76-to-2-player-pioneer?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.