Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by oldschoolbob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

My friend has a F2K that is only getting 2 flashes. He also has a Meteor that works fine. Both games are MPU 200. But the F2K has been jumpered to use 2 ROMs - Meteor has 4 ROMs.

For testing purposes can he swap MPUs?

Thanks

Bob

#2 1 year ago

Can you power the suspect MPU in the working game? Sure, just plug in the bottom left connector only (J4) on the MPU.

No real need to do that though, the LED flash already tells you what's wrong. Two flashes indicates a bad RAM. Very likely battery leakage has damaged traces and components on the lower and lower left of the board.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#3 1 year ago

Thanks Rob,

I don't have the game here and my friend is not too good at working on games. Not even really sure how many flashes he's getting. I wanted to be sure the problem was on the MPU and not somewhere else. If the game boots with the Meteor MPU then he can bring me the suspect MPU.

The F2K MPU was repaired a few years ago (Andrew barakandl). The batteries were removed and the damaged areas repaired so I'm pretty sure the problem is with the chips.

Bob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Calgary, AB
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 157.00
$ 7.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside