(Topic ID: 264851)

Swapping flippers

By RonMexico

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Curious. I have a sluggish flipper on my Bally PAC-Man. Could I swap it out for a 1976 Williams flipper while awaiting my rebuild kit? I’m talking coil and shit, not actual plastic flipper.

#2 4 years ago

No relation between the two, sadly. Mechs are completely different, and the coils are designed for different voltages. Williams coil would probably destroy whatever it hit

#3 4 years ago

Copy that. Appreciate the help and insight.

#4 4 years ago

You could as a temporary fix check to make sure there is no gap in the EOS switch next to the flipper coil. If that isn’t tight and clean you’ll get sluggish flippers. You can even lightly file it on the contacts to help get a better connection.

#5 4 years ago

I use Gottlieb A 5141 coils on the 2 Wizards! I currently own. It’s a great upgrade. Installed both of them at least 5 years ago for the right flippers. Takes a little EOS adjustment but they really work great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swapping-flippers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.