5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ralphs007
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20181012_220418 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181012_220317 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181012_220333 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181012_220255 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Have a Canadian three slot door with mechs that I'd like to swap for a two slot with mechs.

Photos of both doors and connectors below.

Wire colours are different, so just wondering if I can just swap them, or if the wiring is incompatible.

They are both on the same games. One shows Canada on the back, the other, USA.

Anyone know?

IMG_20181012_220255 (resized).jpgIMG_20181012_220255 (resized).jpgIMG_20181012_220317 (resized).jpgIMG_20181012_220317 (resized).jpgIMG_20181012_220333 (resized).jpgIMG_20181012_220333 (resized).jpgIMG_20181012_220418 (resized).jpgIMG_20181012_220418 (resized).jpg
    #2 5 years ago

Check the 12 pin connector, if the wire colors are the same on both sides, it will work fine.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Check the 12 pin connector, if the wire colors are the same on both sides, it will work fine.

Hey Lloyd, isn't that the 12 pin in pics 3 and 4?

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Damien:

Hey Lloyd, isn't that the 12 pin in pics 3 and 4?

Yes, some of the wire colors match the coin switches.

You could also compare the door's wiring. Coin switches the same wires ? Lights the same colors ?

Should be easy to sort out.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Yes, some of the wire colors match the coin switches.
    You could also compare the door's wiring. Coin switches the same wires ? Lights the same colors ?
    Should be easy to sort out.

Can you just expand on that a bit more. As you know, this is all new to.me, but I learn quickly

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Damien:

Can you just expand on that a bit more. As you know, this is all new to.me, but I learn quickly

Compare switch wiring - green wire and white wire, with some color stripes - same spots ? Light wires - same colors same spots ? , slam tilt - same color wires ?
    Diagnostic switches - same color wires same spots ?

If the connector for the door wires is the same size and style on both coin doors, plugs in, and has identical color wires in the same spots on both sides of the connector, you are good to go. Except for four bolts holding it on.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Damien:

You're lucky,I'm a slow learner,and I forget twice as fast!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swapping-coin-door-whitestar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.