Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pappy2112
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have a Williams Aztec that has a broken back box, will a Williams Grand Prix back box work as a replacement? They appear to be the same when comparing pictures of reel location, credit location on the back glass, and were both produced in 1976. Any help greatly appreciated

#2 7 years ago

Wooden cabinet, yes. Insides, no.

#3 7 years ago

Thank-you Otaku!

#4 7 years ago

Curious, do the jones plugs line up? Same number of holes? Sadly they never list the connectors in the schematics... There's nothing game specific in either backbox that I can remember, so it makes me wonder just how different they actually are

#5 7 years ago

will let you know once it is together, picking up the back box at Allentown show, this is my 1st machine just parts shopping for the obvious components needed before it goes to get shopped.

#6 7 years ago

Question, Are you replacing it because the wooden head is roached? Or is it the inside electronics bad? Your innards should fit in the Grand Prix head.

#7 7 years ago

Hey Pappy. Love your user name. Guessing you are a RUSH fan. Have two sons named Alex and Neil. My friends still give me crap.

#8 7 years ago

Poppapin, Yes, replacing the wooden back box as the machine suffered trauma prior to me buying it, box is in pieces, but back glass is whole so hoping the scoring reels etc are not damaged, have not had them tested yet

#9 7 years ago

Pinhead2112, Yes to being a long time Rush fan (35 plus years), kids names are awesome

#10 7 years ago

I've got some spare score reel units if any do turn out to be beyond repair

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Pappy2112:

Poppapin, Yes, replacing the wooden back box as the machine suffered trauma prior to me buying it, box is in pieces, but back glass is whole so hoping the scoring reels etc are not damaged, have not had them tested yet

That's some good luck! (Even if it was just taken apart after the fact, an impact is bad enough regardless)

#12 7 years ago

Thanks Zacaj will keep you in mind if any need replacing, will contact you.

Yes Otaku it has a nice play field just the back box and will get a new back glass as original is in 1 piece but all paint is bubbled and peeled off

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ashburn, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swapping-back-boxes?hl=pinhead2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.