5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 335 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by Chitownpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 133 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 121 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180503_221548 (resized).jpg
    9A078B61-D7ED-4629-86F6-C4818FE78434 (resized).jpeg
    0F96C818-EC96-4396-A6D0-88D359DDF389 (resized).jpeg
    9B77E530-0DCA-4F9C-B379-EDE6F19F19D8 (resized).jpeg
    20180301_235034 (resized).jpg
    AFAEEE30-1510-44C3-BFCC-483DC156B4A0 (resized).jpeg
    AF49D139-4891-4F6A-AE92-E6659E14C749 (resized).jpeg
    6F4588D1-3A6C-493A-AD49-F67F9DAFAD9C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2712 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4930 (resized).JPG
    024 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20160807_195822816_HDR_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20160807_195326653_(resized).jpg
    IMG_0413_(resized).JPG

There are 336 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 11 months ago

yea I need 2 B/W WPC sized boxes for (BK2000 and TAF). If anyone has 1 or 2 laying around they didn't get to using, give me a shout

#252 11 months ago

I need a couple for totan, wpc95

1 week later
    #253 10 months ago

I would like to order 2. How do I order

#254 10 months ago
    Quoted from Mayboyz:

I would like to order 2. How do I order

PM blimpy, first post in this thread.

LTG : )

#255 10 months ago

Hes been busy and almost taken a year off from these. Hope to see him back soon.

#256 10 months ago

This would seriously look awesome in my game room

3 weeks later
    #257 10 months ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Ok - i have that one odd ball " bomb the axis rats" that would look sweet in one of your swap boxes. its a glass so i only need the box

Still holding out hope

1 month later
    #259 8 months ago

What is one with glass worth today?

#260 8 months ago

Is he still making these?. I really want one and I pm'd about a month ago, no reply

#261 8 months ago

I've tried to get a couple for over a year. Seems like he hung up his tools on this one. Pm'd several times. I did get a reply early on say late 2016. Not my business to disclose his thoughts. Let's just say, life problems not health was how he explained to me.
    Really surprised no one else hasn't developed this idea and made a new run with different name. These are not proprietary licensed or copyrighted, trade marked or patented. Anyone else can have a go at it.

#262 8 months ago

I pmed him over a month ago and he contacted me back asking which style of stern backbox but then was silent after that.

#263 8 months ago

I was hoping to resume building these, but have decided not to. Sorry for any disappointment.

#264 8 months ago
    Quoted from blimpey:

I was hoping to resume building these, but have decided not to. Sorry for any disappointment.

"Swap boxes" will be missed!

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Really surprised no one else hasn't developed this idea and made a new run with different name. These are not proprietary licensed or copyrighted, trade marked or patented. Anyone else can have a go at it.

I bought materials to give a go at it for myself, but haven't found the time yet. I need about 8 of them. Maybe @blimpey can divulge some sources for the glass edge pieces that hold on the translite since he isn't going to do these anymore. (???) Those seem to be pretty pricey from what I have found so far.

I did buy a custom sized back-lit "thing" to light up something else (that worked out well for what I bought it for) but these are way too bright for translites - they wash out everything. I tried it by holding up a translite to it. So if you do a search for a back-lit frame as an alternative, don't buy these for translites. The backlit "3D diffuser" is just too bright, and it isn't a super easy "swap out".
    amazon.com link »

#265 8 months ago
    Quoted from blimpey:

No problem. If you decide in the future to resume production please send me a pm.
    Thanks.
    Tom

#266 8 months ago
    Quoted from blimpey:

Thats to bad. Sorry to hear. You had a great idea and pinsiders embraced it. They look great and your contribution to pinball will be missed. Perhaps, someday you will change your mind.

1 week later
    #267 8 months ago
    Quoted from blimpey:

I guess I'll stop bumping the thread. I have a bomb The axis rats back glass and it would look sharp in a swap box. Good luck .

IMG_4930 (resized).JPG

1 month later
    #268 6 months ago

Anyone else making these (or selling them)?

#269 6 months ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Anyone else making these (or selling them)?

I feel like I should, margin on these must be pretty good and they arn't that hard to make given the right woodworking tools

#270 6 months ago

Yes somebody do them at a reasonable price....PLEASE. I need atleast two or three of them.

John

#271 6 months ago

I would be interested in someone making these available again.

#272 6 months ago

I need to make about 8 for myself. I have the materials to try 1 of them, but need to find where I can buy the plastic molding that holds the translite to the glass and the bottom lift piece. I can see that you can buy a "set", but I'm sure it can be cheaper in bulk. I'll probably start to try after Christmas. I'll see how that goes ...

#273 6 months ago

Soooo, I showed this to my father in law today, and he is near retirement. Did I also mention he has a full wood shop in his basement that he has made us several pieces of solid oak furniture? He is looking for something to do this winter and said he will take on this project. I’ll have more to report after Sunday when they will be over and he wants to check out the pins and see how the channels that hold in the back glass work, but says it looks simple enough. He also said that the pricing from 4 years ago should still work !!!!

#274 6 months ago
    Quoted from pinball_erie:

Soooo, I showed this to my father in law today, and he is near retirement. Did I also mention he has a full wood shop in his basement that he has made us several pieces of solid oak furniture? He is looking for something to do this winter and said he will take on this project. I’ll have more to report after Sunday when they will be over and he wants to check out the pins and see how the channels that hold in the back glass work, but says it looks simple enough. He also said that the pricing from 4 years ago should still work !!!!

Pinball life are probably the go to place if he needs translate channels, looking forward to any announcement you make and thank you for bringing this to his attention.

#275 6 months ago

This is awesome! I need at least one

#276 6 months ago
    Quoted from pinball_erie:

That's awesome news! These are something that really adds to a gamesroom in my opinion. Hope your father in law can work something out!

#277 6 months ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Pinball life are probably the go to place if he needs translate channels, looking forward to any announcement you make and thank you for bringing this to his attention.

I can’t locate them. Can anyone send a link to them?

#278 6 months ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Thanks, I was already there. Deep discounts for 25+ which I think I’ll need

#279 6 months ago

These are great -hopefully we get more made. I think I bought one of the last ones with a big bang bar translite that is still in the box because I moved.

IMG_2712 (resized).jpg

#280 6 months ago

Father in law checked out the pins tonight and is ready to move forward with this. He took a Stern translight with him and is going to work on a prototype. Should be done pretty quick and will post photos and will start taking orders then.

#281 6 months ago

Make sure he can do WPC sized translite boxes too that’s what we’re sorely missing now. Thanks!

#282 6 months ago
    Quoted from Sethman:

Make sure he can do WPC sized translite boxes too that’s what we’re sorely missing now. Thanks!

For sure my man, I’ve got Stern Sam, Stern Spike with LCD, WPC, Capcom, Gottlieb, and pinball 2000 backglasses we can size. Older machines shouldn’t be a problem as long as we get measurements.

#283 6 months ago

Great. I have an oldie I need one for please.

#284 6 months ago

I'd buy 1 for sure, maybe 2.

3 weeks later
    #285 5 months ago

I'd be in for at least 3. Maybe more.

#286 5 months ago

Any progress update's on this?

John

#287 5 months ago

Is anybody making these again?

#288 5 months ago

I’d be in for a few as well.

#289 5 months ago

I’d be in for one to start.

#290 5 months ago

I would buy a few

#291 5 months ago

Have an AlienLE coming w Limited translite included. I'll have the large backbox LCD, so definitely want one of these.

3 weeks later
    #292 4 months ago

I would like one hanging in my game room.

#294 4 months ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'd go for 3 or 4.

+1...been hoping he would came back.

#295 4 months ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

+1...been hoping he would came back.

Well we'll just have to see how pinballerie's father in law works out.

#296 4 months ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well we'll just have to see how pinballerie's father in law works out.

Red 5 standing by...

#298 4 months ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

What does that mean?

Bad attempt at a joke (Luke Skywalker's call sign). I was just saying I am waiting to get word that they are available so I can get one too.

#299 4 months ago

These are nice. I purchased one for an AFM translite.

www.spotlightdisplays.com/translite-standard-border.html

He used to have a Pinside discount.

#300 4 months ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Bad attempt at a joke (Luke Skywalker's call sign). I was just saying I am waiting to get word that they are available so I can get one too.

I remember know, I just couldn't think of it.

There are 336 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside