Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 342 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by shlockdoc
  • Topic is favorited by 121 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_moxj4rYS9S1s73uc3o1_500 (resized).png
    35100f89f945d91bde161d3ed769211307642a45 (resized).jpg
    20180503_221548 (resized).jpg
    9A078B61-D7ED-4629-86F6-C4818FE78434 (resized).jpeg
    0F96C818-EC96-4396-A6D0-88D359DDF389 (resized).jpeg
    9B77E530-0DCA-4F9C-B379-EDE6F19F19D8 (resized).jpeg
    20180301_235034 (resized).jpg
    AFAEEE30-1510-44C3-BFCC-483DC156B4A0 (resized).jpeg
    AF49D139-4891-4F6A-AE92-E6659E14C749 (resized).jpeg
    6F4588D1-3A6C-493A-AD49-F67F9DAFAD9C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2712 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4930 (resized).JPG
    024 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20160807_195822816_HDR_(resized).jpg
    There are 342 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
    #101 10 years ago

Can't wait to see AC/DC Luci lit up.

#103 10 years ago

Question...do the boxes have to be that thick? How thick are they?

#104 10 years ago

Finally got my "Matrix" translite installed in my new Swap Box.

Matrix SwapBox -1.jpgMatrix SwapBox -1.jpg

#105 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Question...do the boxes have to be that thick? How thick are they?

Standard depth is 3 1/2". By request I can build them as thin as 2 1/2" deep.

Quoted from Astropin:

Finally got my "Matrix" translite installed in my new Swap Box.

Matrix translite is looking good! Thanks for posting a photo.

#106 10 years ago

Just placed my order for a Swap Box for Metallica. Thanks John!

#107 10 years ago
    Quoted from swedishc:

Thanks Blimpey!
    The Swap Box looks amazing in my kitchen.

Fathom.jpg 278 KB

Awesome - I'm curious what your method was on blacking out the score windows... soliciting ideas for best blockout with least risk to lifting paint.

#108 10 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Awesome - I'm curious what your method was on blacking out the score windows... soliciting ideas for best blockout with least risk to lifting paint.

Instead of a blackout, I was thinking with the open players, credit and ball windows you could create a custom decals which would be backlit. Endless possibilities... I agree, one would need to be careful when applying as to not disrupt the backglass. I have a spare HS backglass and was thinking of what I could do other then a blackout.

#109 10 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah, that was my concern too. I ended up buying static cling black vinyl sheets and cut them to size so there was no risk of damaging the backglass.

#110 10 years ago

that display box looks awesome !!!

thinking of making this my swap box

tron-backbox.jpgtron-backbox.jpg

#111 10 years ago

How did you get the head only for Tron?

#112 10 years ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

How did you get the head only for Tron?

i ended up with 2 for my LE. long story

#113 10 years ago

Got mine and finally got the glass in it... looking good, thanks! Now I just need the LED backbox kit for my machine so the colors will match up.

IMG_0183.jpgIMG_0183.jpg
    #114 10 years ago
    Quoted from docfenderson:

Got mine and finally got the glass in it... looking good, thanks! Now I just need the LED backbox kit for my machine so the colors will match up.

IMG_0183.jpg 72 KB

Looks great! Thanks for posting. I know what you mean. In comparison the LED array in the Swap Box really makes the Stern t-8 bulb in the pin look bad. Translites/back glasses look so much better well lit with LED's. They make the detail and colors pop.

1 month later
    #115 10 years ago

I'll definitely pick one of these up when CPR runs the EATPM backglass. Can't wait!

#116 10 years ago

You at pin a gogo this year ?

#117 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I think he already said yes. I don't think I could fly home with a Swap Box easily though.

#118 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Yes, I have a vendor booth reserved. I should have some Swap Boxes available with translites this year.

Stern Star Trek, Cactus Canyon, Junk Yard, Pinball Zombies from Beyond the Grave, Big Bang Bar, X-men, Metallica, Tron 2 chicks ver., and possibly some others.

#119 10 years ago

I'm ordering one for my Helen translite since I don't own an AC/DC. Will post pics when I have it ready.

1 month later
    #120 10 years ago

Just a bump for an AWESOME product w/ some pics!!!

I will end up having 8 total but got the first batch of 4 installed the other night and I love it!

It looks AMAZING and it's soooo nice to be able to swap my alternate translites for games like Tron / ACDC / XMen so quickly!

01.JPG01.JPG

02.JPG02.JPG

03.JPG03.JPG

#121 10 years ago

Can these be done in warm white? I'm thinking old school for Elvira.

#122 10 years ago

I love how you have four of them mounted together like that. How do you have them all powered by a single cord, though?

#123 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

I will end up having 8 total but got the first batch of 4 installed the other night and I love it!

I'd have more if I had the room to put them up, it really is a great thing to have as you start acquiring translites.

#124 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I love how you have four of them mounted together like that. How do you have them all powered by a single cord, though?

Got a 4-1 splitter and a big ol' 10amp power supply.

Tested the power draw using my kill-a-watt and it's only ~12 watts per box

With three boxes shown running it was only drawing 36 watts and 0.5 amps

#125 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

That's a great idea, Train. I love the swap box. I'm about to purchase my second one...and I don't even know what translite I'm going to put in it yet.

#126 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Very clever! Where did you mount the splitter? Inside one of the swap boxes?

#127 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Very clever! Where did you mount the splitter? Inside one of the swap boxes?

It's actually just in between the swap boxes but because of their depth and the fact they're so close together you can't even see it!

The two boxes on the left actually spit the power out on the right hand side and the two boxes on the right are the opposite (left hand power) so they all meet in the middle between the boxes for the little pigtail splitter

John, who makes them, can hook ya up with whatever you need, just ask

#128 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Can these be done in warm white? I'm thinking old school for Elvira.

Yes, I have warm white (5050 style, 60 LED's/per meter) available at the same price.

#129 10 years ago

Here are some other recent Swap Boxes with translates/back glass:

image-952.jpgimage-952.jpgimage-79.jpgimage-79.jpg

1 week later
    #130 10 years ago

John was nice enough to come by and help me finish up the installation of my other 4 so without further or do I present to you my wall O' translites....

(Still waiting on my ST Pro translite for the last box)

IMG_4430.JPGIMG_4430.JPG

2 weeks later
    #131 9 years ago

Anddddd it's complete!!!! Huge thanks to JJ for his help on the ST translite and John for mounting/building the boxes!!!!

image-310.jpgimage-310.jpg
    #132 9 years ago

Damn that looks badass

#133 9 years ago

That looks awesome fattrain !

Would love to do a wall like that in my gamesroom with my translites .

#134 9 years ago

Nice wall o' translites! I still need to mount mine for Helen in my garage.

#135 9 years ago
    #136 9 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Anddddd it's complete!!!! Huge thanks to JJ for his help on the ST translite and John for mounting/building the boxes!!!!

image-310.jpg 270 KB

How much? $1000?

1 week later
    #137 9 years ago

Such an awesome product. Any thoughts on making boxes for the mini translites that planetary just introduced?

#138 9 years ago

I have a prototype built that I will be bringing to Pin a GoGo. I'm shooting for a price point of $45 including glass, side, top and bottom lift channel, power supply, r/f remote add $10. These boxes will be Swap Box - mini, 2.5" deep vs the standard 3.5". They will function just like the full sized boxes allowing quick swapping of other mini translites.

#139 9 years ago

Great news. Can't wait to see it soon. I will be down for 4 at least

#140 9 years ago

Gearing up for Pin A GoGo this weekend. My helper got into the photo.
    image-221.jpgimage-221.jpg

#141 9 years ago

I'll have to send a PM getting ready to move but have a Lucy that would look good near her replacement (Helen of course) what could I do with a Damaged Scared Stiff Translite? David Ipad 4.19.14 252.JPGDavid Ipad 4.19.14 252.JPG

1 month later
    #142 9 years ago

Thanks Blimpey! Now to get some arcade glow in the dark carpet for my steps in the stairwell!

DSC08852.JPGDSC08852.JPG

DSC08853.JPGDSC08853.JPG

#143 9 years ago

Looks Great! I'm glad to see that mounting them at a 45 degree angle worked out.

1 week later
    #144 9 years ago

Nice Flank!

#145 9 years ago

Awesome Job! I just received one, and can recommend this product with extreme enthusiasm.
    It was much much better made then expected!

First rate product, and a great wall piece....I have many translites I have collected over time...so cool to change the look of a room!

2 weeks later
    #146 9 years ago

SB_XMEN01.jpgSB_XMEN01.jpg
    Here is my new Swap Box with my XMEN Pro translite installed. Now that the swap box doesn't come with tempered glass, it just took me a bit longer to buy the glass to finish the installation. It looks great and provides a safe and convenient place to store my extra translite (hopefully plural in the future).

John does a great job and highly recommended!

1 month later
    #147 9 years ago

Hey guys,

I'm a big James Bond fan and bought a Goldeneye translite to be swap boxed by John. Turns out, I waited too long to place my order and he's no longer making them! Anybody know why? Or more importantly, where to go now to get my Goldeneye translite framed and lit up nice? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks,

Dave

#148 9 years ago

Great product as I have one. I was going to place a order for three of them, and then he told me I had to find my own glass for them, that he stopped shipping them with the glass.

1 month later
    #149 9 years ago

Just sent him a PM for one. That stinks that it doesn't include the glass. Has he stopped making them altogether?

2 weeks later
    #150 9 years ago
    Quoted from tappinskins:

Or more importantly, where to go now to get my Goldeneye translite framed and lit up nice? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks,
    Dave

I've decided to make my own. It's gonna look a little more like a newer Stern backbox in that it'll have t-moulding around the sides and will incorporate a lock up at the top. I just ordered the hardware and I'll post up a pic when done.

There are 342 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swap-box-introducing-a-new-game-roompinball-led-light-box-display/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.