Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 342 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by shlockdoc
  • Topic is favorited by 121 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_moxj4rYS9S1s73uc3o1_500 (resized).png
    35100f89f945d91bde161d3ed769211307642a45 (resized).jpg
    20180503_221548 (resized).jpg
    9A078B61-D7ED-4629-86F6-C4818FE78434 (resized).jpeg
    0F96C818-EC96-4396-A6D0-88D359DDF389 (resized).jpeg
    9B77E530-0DCA-4F9C-B379-EDE6F19F19D8 (resized).jpeg
    20180301_235034 (resized).jpg
    AFAEEE30-1510-44C3-BFCC-483DC156B4A0 (resized).jpeg
    AF49D139-4891-4F6A-AE92-E6659E14C749 (resized).jpeg
    6F4588D1-3A6C-493A-AD49-F67F9DAFAD9C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2712 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4930 (resized).JPG
    024 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0280 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20160807_195822816_HDR_(resized).jpg
    There are 342 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
    #51 10 years ago

I just caught myself thinking of all the stinker games I wouldn't buy that have cool artwork worth displaying. This is a great way to enjoy the best part of those games.

#52 10 years ago

Very nice blimpey!

#53 10 years ago

Which websites have the best selection of translites at good prices?

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Which websites have the best selection of translites at good prices?

I literally was just wondering that. There was a guy at PAGG that had a bunch of "imperfect" ones at reasonable prices, wish I could remember who... I went back and looked at the vendor page but came up with nothing.

#55 10 years ago

Shows are a pretty good place to pick them up cheap. I think the person you may have been thinking of at PAGG was Mario.

eBay is generally not very good. Most are listed at beyond retail BIN.

If you are looking for the newer Stern translates JJ at the Game Exchange is well priced. I have bought; Metallica, Avengers, Tron Clu, Tron 2 chicks, and X-men from him.

#56 10 years ago

Stop by my booth at CAX today, and say Hi if you are at the show.

#58 10 years ago

Booth Photo photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#59 10 years ago

I stopped by to say hi to John and his lovely wife. I also bought a box and a PRO X-Men translite!

Awesome stuff John and thanks again for everything!

Rob

#60 10 years ago

John does great work with his Swap Box. Had my ES box built and shipped within a week with no hassles and with great communication through out the process. Surprised to find that he even included the lift channel and trim as well. Thanks again John!!

ES1.jpgES1.jpg

#61 10 years ago

Got it installed tonight! Simply awesome!

IMG_8226.JPGIMG_8226.JPG

#62 10 years ago

I just traded my GnR, but I still had the old translite. I only had to cut off less than an inch to make it fit the Stern size I got from John. Looks great! GnR_Swap_Box.jpgGnR_Swap_Box.jpg

#63 10 years ago

Sorry it posted sideways. I uploaded from my phone. I'll try to fix it when I get to a computer.

[Edit]: Fixed.

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBellMan:

Got it installed tonight! Simply awesome!

Hey, Rob! That's a nice looking GnR you got there! Hope you're happy with it!

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Hey, Rob! That's a nice looking GnR you got there! Hope you're happy with it!

I FREAKING LOVE IT!

It's a game I have been looking for for some time ever since I played Kerry's. Really excited to finally have on in the game room.

Hope you enjoy the TZ too.

Thanks again Mark!

#66 10 years ago

I now have Swap Boxes available with a battery option + $45 (and +$10 additional to shipping charge below because they weigh more). These boxes will still be your choice of standard switched, r/f remote control, or i/r motion control & switch. The boxes will include a 12v 9Ah rechargeable battery, and 2Ah charger with LED indicator and float. I am getting 35hrs. of continuous use between charges. With these chargers batteries are at full charge in only 4.5hrs. Standard batteries of this size put out 7.2Ah. These are 9Ah batteries.

The boxes will also include a retractable A/C power cable, and 120v AC to 12v DC power supply so that you still have the option of plugging it in the wall.

If you have a location without any power outlet this box is a great option. There is a drawback when displaying brighter translites. The lower left corner of the box (about a 2.5" x 4" where the battery is located will shade light making that corner appear darker.

In the vendor booth photo a few posts above the boxes displaying X-men and Tron 2 chicks are battery operated.

battery.jpgbattery.jpg battery_lit_up.jpgbattery_lit_up.jpg

#67 10 years ago

This is the third Big Bang Bar box I have built, but the first I have taken a photo of:

bbb.jpgbbb.jpg bbb_outside.jpgbbb_outside.jpg

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from blimpey:

This is the third Big Bang Bar box I have built, but the first I have taken a photo of:

Is that one of mine? .....sweet!!

#69 10 years ago

Where do I grab that translite? Reproduction is cool ? Then I can pick up a box...

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from oropuro:

Where do I grab that translite? Reproduction is cool ? Then I can pick up a box...

The BBB translite for this box was customer supplied. I'll let you know if I find a resource for them.

#71 10 years ago

I'm going to need a couple of boxes pretty soon. One BBB and one for Spooky House. Just waiting on the Spooky House to make sure it survives the shipping before ordering. Your boxes look great, can't wait to get these up on the wall. Will contact you soon!

#72 10 years ago

Wow these are what I've been lookig for great craftsmanship too! If I win this TZ kickstarter backer tourney which I'm still first right now with 15 billion mobile devices end tom. And next Tuesday psn if I win it I will be buying one as soon as I get the cash. Can you make one to fit a TZ?

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from jjsrt8:

Wow these are what I've been lookig for great craftsmanship too! If I win this TZ kickstarter backer tourney which I'm still first right now with 15 billion mobile devices end tom. And next Tuesday psn if I win it I will be buying one as soon as I get the cash. Can you make one to fit a TZ?

Sure I can build one to fit a TZ translite no problem. Good luck with the TZ tourney!

#74 10 years ago

Big thanks to John at Swap Box! I requested one for my MM translite, and the one he built for me is a perfect fit. Great quality & price. As you can see, the lighting in the Swap Box is superior to the lighting in my pins.

// Error: Image 119632 not found // Swapbox_2.JPGSwapbox_2.JPG

1 week later
    #75 10 years ago
    Quoted from blimpey:

Sure I can build one to fit a TZ translite no problem. Good luck with the TZ tourney!

I did it! Well they actually decided to give one for both mobile and psn not just one so I qualified top on mobile.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/usuall-unlucky-kid-wins-tz-pinball-arcade-backer-tourney-translite-whoohoo#post-1035393
    As soon as I get the cash after fixing my car I would like to purchase one for it. Do you think you could do a custom job with the lighting? Id like the standard lighting you have with remote but also for extra charge ofcourse, have the door mod led changing lights behind it? I saw a few demo videos on youtube that would be cool!

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from jjsrt8:

I did it! Well they actually decided to give one for both mobile and psn not just one so I qualified top on mobile.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/usuall-unlucky-kid-wins-tz-pinball-arcade-backer-tourney-translite-whoohoo#post-1035393
    As soon as I get the cash after fixing my car I would like to purchase one for it. Do you think you could do a custom job with the lighting? Id like the standard lighting you have with remote but also for extra charge ofcourse, have the door mod led changing lights behind it? I saw a few demo videos on youtube that would be cool!

Congratulations on your win! I can do a TZ box that would have color changing LED's just for the door area of the translite, and the rest illuminated with soft or bright white LED's. Just PM me know when you are ready.

#77 10 years ago

Thanks! I can't wait I'll let you know when I'm ready. Will you be at Chicago Pinball Expo?

#78 10 years ago

If I am able to attend EXPO I will not have a vendor booth. Unfortunately my booth set up and sales inventory is too bulky to travel long distances.

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from blimpey:

If I am able to attend EXPO I will not have a vendor booth. Unfortunately my booth set up and sales inventory is too bulky to travel long distances.

That makes sence. If your able to attend and I can get the funds to you intime to build and have it ready to take with do you think that's a possible option saves on shipping but only if your going to attend.

#80 10 years ago

Another quick dumb question since I've never owned my own machie. I'm not sure what goes infront of the translite glass or plastic? What would I need to buy to display it right in the swapbox since all I'm really getting is the translite I've never seen what goes around it or how that works? Thanks

#81 10 years ago

It is 1/8" glass. I provide everything you need, glass, trim, lift channel, etc. All you need is the translite, and you are all set.

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from blimpey:

It is 1/8" glass. I provide everything you need, glass, trim, lift channel, etc. All you need is the translite, and you are all set.

Oh sweet! That makes it easy and simple for me sold. now just waiting for when their gona ship it to me cant wait to see it all put together your work looks great.

1 month later
    #83 10 years ago

Recieved my swap boxs today, they look awesome. Thanks again for such a cool product. Pictures cannot due them justice.

// Error: Image 132382 not found // // Error: Image 132383 not found // // Error: Image 132384 not found // // Error: Image 132385 not found // image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#84 10 years ago

Recieved my swap boxs today, they look awesome. Thanks again for such a cool product. Pictures cannot due them justice.

Looking Good!

Here is a photo of a recent box I completed for a customer who wanted one of the alt. AC/DC translites from eBay.

I cannot edit my original post since it is three months old now;

I am out of the glass shipping business. You still get everything as offered before, with the exception of the glass. I packed the heck out of these for shipping, and UPS still managed to shatter the glass every once in a while. So you know what you would be looking at $$ for glass, I was getting 1/8" translite glass from my local glass shop for $10 a sheet.

DSC00066.JPGDSC00066.JPG

1 week later
    #85 10 years ago

Thanks Blimpey!

The Swap Box looks amazing in my kitchen.

Fathom.jpgFathom.jpg

1 month later
    #86 10 years ago

I recently finished this Atlantis box. This translite looks really good lit.

I have three Stern r/f remote style LED boxes available for purchase, built, and ready to ship.

DSC00109.JPGDSC00109.JPG DSC00099.JPGDSC00099.JPG DSC00108-470.JPGDSC00108-470.JPG
    #87 10 years ago

Finally got my box up that was built for my earthshaker! Looks GREAT, and now I have to put bright LEDs in my game.

image-27.jpgimage-27.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#88 10 years ago

Whoa, that Fallout: New Vegas sign is amazing!

#89 10 years ago

Wow, great product! Going to have to figure out how many I have room to mount.

2 weeks later
    #90 10 years ago

Junkyard translite looks nice light.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Without flash the colors pop a bit more.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#91 10 years ago

@ blimpey , I bought 2 @ Cax this year , and I'd like to get a Williams version. Will you be @ Cax or Pagg in 2014??

#92 10 years ago

I will do PAGG, not sure about CAX. If you want one sooner than that I'm an hour from you in Sacramento for free pick up, and tour of my game room. Thank you for the past business.

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from swedishc:

Thanks Blimpey!
    The Swap Box looks amazing in my kitchen.

Fathom.jpg 278 KB

Looks great. Are the score displays covered up with something? Perhaps black electrical tape?

#94 10 years ago
    Quoted from blimpey:

I will do PAGG, not sure about CAX. If you want one sooner than that I'm an hour from you in Sacramento for free pick up, and tour of my game room. Thank you for the past business.

I'll definitely take you up on that offer. Your game room is amazing. It'll have to be after thanksgiving sometime,( not alot of free time lately). I'll pm you after the holiday ..

#95 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spybryon:

Are the score displays covered up with something? Perhaps black electrical tape?

I used black static cling vinyl so it wouldn't damage the backglass.

#96 10 years ago

Just received my 2 boxes yesterday. I just got time to get one ready but man.....this is awesome.

Will post some pictures later but it's amazing. Real high quality product. They will create an incredible ambiance in the game room. Thanks and will buy more, just need to find some Stern mirror backglass translites

#97 10 years ago

Pictures

louis avengers 013.jpglouis avengers 013.jpg louis avengers 016.jpglouis avengers 016.jpg louis avengers 018.jpglouis avengers 018.jpg
    #98 10 years ago

Avengers

louis avengers 020.jpglouis avengers 020.jpg louis avengers 019.jpglouis avengers 019.jpg
    #99 10 years ago

AC/DC and Met

louis avengers 023.jpglouis avengers 023.jpg louis avengers 025.jpglouis avengers 025.jpg
    #100 10 years ago

The best one is Avengers Mirror Backglass. Pictures don't do any justice to these great boxes.

There are 342 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swap-box-introducing-a-new-game-roompinball-led-light-box-display/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.