7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by bdPinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 7 years ago

I have pulled off 4 trades where I got seriously hosed.

First, met someone off here. We each drove 5 hours to meet at a truck stop. Swapped machines, get home and the condition of the rbion was nowhere n ear what the pictures stated.

Second, trade a batman forever in a kind of 3 way trade. Met in st louis. Guy took batman and gave me a few hundred. He then gave me a rbion he was buying off an op. I was supposed to see the rbion working, but he showed up early and had them pull it from location. Got it home to find it had no sound when it was supposed to be fully working. 6 weeks later and 120 to get it fixed by clive...

Third, traded someone who is on here I traded for his stargate. We met in a parking lot and instantly I knew things were south. The cab was planked which he told me it wasn't. Got home to find the game had major major issues both electrical and cosmetic. Drove back two days later (even further this time) to trade back. Wasted 60 dollars on that one.

Last one, traded my tftc for a radical (originally billed as a prototype, but most likely a sample or very early production). Guy drove here from AZ. I bought another machine off his friend at the same time. The were supposed to come in the morning, but asked at the last minute to come late the night before. Being exhausted I didn't unpack the game I bought and didn't so much as eyeball the radical. Game I bought has a broken head. I can fix it, but seriously wtf. This isn't a little crack, the bottom of the head almost fell off when I cut off the plastic wrap. The radical's prototype ramp was melted. Not just a little, completely and utterly melted beyond use. I am in the process of making a mold using my spare radical to fix this snafu.

The short of things, DON'T. If you are going to trade, trade local or have them bring it to you and look it over stupidly carefully before taking it. After a long drive or late night, and them seeming so nice you will shrug you shoulders and not give it a good look. After all, they are stand up guys? They would never screw you over six ways to sunday now would they?

#6 7 years ago

I have pulled off 4 trades where I got seriously hosed. All involved meeting partway or the last they pulled off an epic road trip in two days.

First, met someone off here. We each drove 5 hours to meet at a truck stop. Swapped machines, get home and the condition of the rbion was nowhere n ear what the pictures stated. The cliffy covering the scoop was bending because there was barely any wood underneath it. The magnet was buggered up and someone had tried to force it out at some point further damaging the pf.

Second, trade a batman forever in a kind of 3 way trade. Met in st louis. Guy took batman and gave me a few hundred. He then gave me a rbion he was buying off an op. I was supposed to see the rbion working, but he showed up early and had them pull it from location. Got it home to find it had no sound when it was supposed to be fully working. 6 weeks later and 120 to get it fixed by clive...

Third, traded someone who is on here I traded for his stargate. We met in a parking lot and instantly I knew things were south. The cab was planked which he told me it wasn't. Got home to find the game had major major issues both electrical and cosmetic. Drove back two days later (even further this time) to trade back. Wasted 60 dollars on that one.

Last one, traded my tftc for a radical (originally billed as a prototype, but most likely a sample or very early production). Guy drove here from AZ. I bought another machine off his friend at the same time. The were supposed to come in the morning, but asked at the last minute to come late the night before. Being exhausted I didn't unpack the game I bought and didn't so much as eyeball the radical. Game I bought has a broken head. I can fix it, but seriously wtf. This isn't a little crack, the bottom of the head almost fell off when I cut off the plastic wrap. The radical's prototype ramp was melted. Not just a little, completely and utterly melted beyond use. I am in the process of making a mold using my spare radical to fix this snafu. I keep being told he *knows people* and can have someone make a new ramp, but I have no faith.

The short of things, DON'T. If you are going to trade, trade local or have them bring it to you and look it over stupidly carefully before taking it. After a long drive or late night, and them seeming so nice you will shrug you shoulders and not give it a good look. After all, they are stand up guys? They would never screw you over six ways to sunday now would they?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15.00
Electronics
Mod Magic!

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swap-across-countryi?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.