By DakotaMike

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200724_143443 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DakotaMike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I've had an intermittent issue where the Deathstar/Hyperspace shot rejects some of the time when it should be holding the ball. When I make the DS Shot for a mission-lock, the ball will hit the hidden center-post, and bounce back into the Twin Posts. But instead of holding the ball, the twin posts will either not raise up at all or will kinda jiggle and go back down immediately releasing the ball. This means that I can't start Deathstar missions, because the shot rejects before mode-start can trigger. And HS MB doesn't work right either. When this first happened I re-leveled the machine and that seemed to fix it. But......

... I played for about 30 minutes today and started getting rejects again. The posts won't rise up and hold the ball properly from a left loop shot when DS mode -select is lit. They raise up and lock the ball just fine from a Hoth shot going into the right loop, but not from the left. The left loop-opto and entry microswitch both register properly in the switch test as far as I can tell. They close when I roll a ball through.

I spent a long time trying to re-level and re-pitch the game, and so far it's not helping. It's driving me crazy. I don't understand why the posts come up fine from a Hoth shot, but not a DS shot.

Have any other pro owners experienced anything like this? I can't believe I'm literally the only SW Pro owner that has experienced this, it's driving me crazy because I can't find any posts from anyone else this happened to. Any help would be immensely appreciated!
IMG_20200724_143443 (resized).jpgIMG_20200724_143443 (resized).jpg

#3 3 years ago

When I raise them by hand it seems fine. And more to the point, they pop up just fine in coil test, and they pop up and hold just fine when I make a Video-Mode Shot or Hoth Shot from the loop's right entrance. They only seem to have a problem from the left entrance. If it was a physical issue with the mech, I would expect it to have trouble popping up from a shot to either entrance. So, this makes me feel like it's an opto issue or software issue. But the thing is, if it was an opto issue, then I wouldn't think that the center post would pop up either. Because the center post DOES pop up like it should from a left-entrance shot.

It's super confusing.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had the opposite problem - forks didn't work right when coming from the Hoth side. I replaced the opto - it didn't fix the problem. I swapped node boards 8 and 9 (making sure to correct the dipswitches as I did so) and it went away.

Yeah, I've been wondering if it's a node board issue. I re-seated the connectors for the opto at the node board and I moved the game to a different spot in my lineup. Played a bunch of test games and the forks are working fine. So I don't know, it's weird. So far I'm hoping that between moving and re-leveling the game, and re-seating the connector on the node board I'll be okay now. But if it crops up again, then I'll give the node board swap a try if it keeps acting up, thanks for the idea.

I just would have thought with so many of these SW games out there, someone else would have had the same issue. I think part of the reason I'm not hearing much from other owners is that most of the loop problems seem to have historically been on the Premiums. But they have a completely different mechanism.

But if it is a flaky node board or connector, then that could explain why it hasn't happened much. It'd be more of a one-off. Hmm. I'll post an update as time goes on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DakotaMike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sw-pro-major-game-breaking-issue?tu=DakotaMike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.