64%
  • Aerosmith pro 24 votes
    36%

(67 votes)

#1 5 years ago

Hi there,
Another thread game vs game.
I would like to move and trade my MB
I was hesitating with SW premium or Aerosmith pro ( eventually SMVE)
I have only put some very few games on each.
I was wondering which one could be the best for me and last the more.
Which one get the best overall package?
Thanks

#2 5 years ago

No one has an opinion that could help me to take a decision?
I like staking multiball, not necessary complexe or way deep rules, tough shot but feasible, with great « jackpot » callout.

#3 5 years ago

Both good games Star Wars has a good rule set but Aerosmith in my opinion has more cool toys and gimmicks then Star Wars so I personally would go with Aerosmith.

#4 5 years ago

I have not played the Aerosmith game personally, but I do own Star Wars premium. True with a lot of new Stearns, stacking MBs is a common occurrence. The flow of this game is fast and fun, and the call-outs are great, in my opinion. There is a lot of video clips from the old Star Wars trilogy that makes it a ton of fun as well, especially if you're a SW fan. I personally prefer the SW premium for the hyperloop, although many enjoy the pro. True there may be less toys overall on the SW pf, but the game is very addictive, very fast and at times brutal, and for me there seems to be more than enough to do, and a lot of ways to do it. So I would give a thumbs-up to SW premium

#5 5 years ago

Both are good games, but here in America the Aerosmith PRO would be around $1500 less money. It depends what you like, I like them both for different reasons.

#6 5 years ago

I enjoy playing Aerosmith on location but for a home environment prefer Star Wars due to its far deeper objective based ruleset. Star Wars is now one Sterns best coded games and offers excellent use of licensed assets (video, voice and music).

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Both are good games, but here in America the Aerosmith PRO would be around $1500 less money. It depends what you like, I like them both for different reasons.

Hi Franck,
This is the same here, the premium will be always more expensive than a pro.
I can’t consider the SW pro as what would it left as toy without the hyperloop? Hyperloop is cool and the only toy.
SW theme is much more appealing for me than Aerosmith that is way nicer
How many MB are there in AS and can I stack some of them?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I enjoy playing Aerosmith on location but for a home environment prefer Star Wars due to its far deeper objective based ruleset. Star Wars is now one Sterns best coded games and offers excellent use of licensed assets (video, voice and music).

Maybe you are right.
The only thing, that is the reason I am asking your opinion unless I would have go for SW, is about SW layout that I finally found uninspired.
Can we hope some more code updates for both games ( I don’t talk about minor changes or bugs fixes)?

#9 5 years ago

Why are you comparing a pro to a premium?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Why are you comparing a pro to a premium?

Coz they are the edition of each one that I consider to buy.
in fact I don’t care about the upper mini playfield of the AS and i could not consider to go with the SW without the hyperloop.
If I would have to compare both pro I would go for AS without any doubt, SW pro has finally no toy! The Death Star is just a decor 3D.

#11 5 years ago

Still looking for some reviews.
Thanks

#12 5 years ago

From a purely artistic standpoint, Aerosmith destroys star wars in every way. Beyond that, I guess it's all personal opinion.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

From a purely artistic standpoint, Aerosmith destroys star wars in every way. Beyond that, I guess it's all personal opinion.

Fair enough for playfield and cabinet, a unique hand-drawn art package will win every time! The SW Premium and Pro translites are solid though. Aerosmith also has pretty janky LED screen animations, SW's LED animations aren't going to win any awards either, but the winner there is likewise debatable.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

#15 5 years ago

You sure you want to part with that MB? It’s one of the top machines of all time for a reason. If you’ve had enough of it, ‘nuff said, just would be a hard one to reacquire if you changed your mind.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

You sure you want to part with that MB? It’s one of the top machines of all time for a reason. If you’ve had enough of it, ‘nuff said, just would be a hard one to reacquire if you changed your mind.

This is the same layout as MM. MM is my grail and sincerely I don’t think that MB could not hold the candle to MM

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

This is the same layout as MM. MM is my grail and sincerely I don’t think that MB could not hold the candle to MM

Not the same layout. It doesn’t have to hold a candle to MM, it stands on its own merits dude!

Don’t want opinions? Then don’t ask for them.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Not the same layout. It doesn’t have to hold a candle to MM, it stands on its own merits dude!
Don’t want opinions? Then don’t ask for them.

I m asking an opinion between SW premium and Aerosmith pro. Not if I should keep or not my MB.

#19 5 years ago

I have AS pro and SW pro but have played SW prem quite a bit at 2 of my friends homes. Both games have their place.

Both themes are attractive to non-pinheads, however AS is easier for non-pinheads to pick up and progress through therefore they find it more fun. SW is fun and interesting theme-wise but they never seem to progress very far into the game and lose interest. I don't find either any more brutal, drain-wise.

For pinheads, I think SW has much more staying power. AS has fairly simple objectives and fewer strategies you can use. SW has far more strategy and is currently far deeper. I also find the objectives better tied into the theme. The light show is far and away better on SW. SW gives me the "you can execute that mode/shot/game better than that" feeling that makes me keep pressing start.

AS is due for a code update and if it is anything like what happened with GOTG, all bets are off on which is better.

Today if I could only have one, it would be SW.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I m asking an opinion between SW premium and Aerosmith pro. Not if I should keep or not my MB.

Then stop talking about it!

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I have AS pro and SW pro but have played SW prem quite a bit at 2 of my friends homes. Both games have their place.
Both themes are attractive to non-pinheads, however AS is easier for non-pinheads to pick up and progress through therefore they find it more fun. SW is fun and interesting theme-wise but they never seem to progress very far into the game and lose interest. I don't find either any more brutal, drain-wise.
For pinheads, I think SW has much more staying power. AS has fairly simple objectives and fewer strategies you can use. SW has far more strategy and is currently far deeper. I also find the objectives better tied into the theme. The light show is far and away better on SW. SW gives me the "you can execute that mode/shot/game better than that" feeling that makes me keep pressing start.
AS is due for a code update and if it is anything like what happened with GOTG, all bets are off on which is better.
Today if I could only have one, it would be SW.

I have understood that each song is a mode you need to complete to play the wizard mode, if you don’t complete one of them but play all song you go to a mini wizard mode. A kind like Tron.
What is the big lines of the SW rules? Can you stack multiball?
Thanks

#23 5 years ago

SW Prem all the way

#24 5 years ago

AS is pure and simple fun. I think the animations and art are brilliant. Locking balls and the risk/reward option of aborting MB to lock more balls never gets old. Great ramps and flow. Value-wise one of the best Pros ever.

Not a fan of SW. My least favorite modern Richie pin.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

AS is pure and simple fun. I think the animations and art are brilliant. Locking balls and the risk/reward option of aborting MB to lock more balls never gets old. Great ramps and flow. Value-wise one of the best Pros ever.
Not a fan of SW. My least favorite modern Richie pin.

This is a fair opinion. All the more as I like Aerosmith band but a bit disappointed there are not the ones I really enjoy like
Amazing. Don’t know if it is possible to replace a song.

SW seems to be deeper but more complexe. Don’t sure it is what I like the more as I am more a casual player and play rarely more than an hour when I do. But the theme and theme integration are one of the best.

In fact, I guess both can fit well together in a line up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.75
$ 10.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 21.50
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sw-premium-vs-aerosmith-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.