• Iron Maiden Premium 49 votes
    41%
  • Just go with an Iron Maiden Pro and save the cash 28 votes
    24%
  • Neither, both are just hype.... buy another title 5 votes
    4%

(119 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B7ABC31E-4FAB-4E93-AA78-361DAE8F5415 (resized).jpeg
4403906F-4CA8-415B-B982-B7DF192B7326 (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

Thinking about adding one of these titles. I have some time on each of them ( not the Prem/LE on Maiden ) and the both seem like great games. Which seems to be the best bet for purchase in the next few months.

#2 1 year ago

Love my SW premium. It's a very challenging game with short ball times...but I'm getting better and better with more play. It's fast with lots of flow. Haven't played Iron Maiden, but it looks fun and an easier game to play, meaning it is not as brutal. So, probably longer ball times on Iron Maiden. For me, it's theme that wins. I love Star Wars and the theme does come through once you start playing the game. Plus, John Williams epic music plus some pretty good original music for certain modes of the game really hype up the experience. The throne room theme when entering initials is such a nice little experience. Iron Maiden as a theme does nothing for me. I really can't stand their music and haven't been able to sit through more than 5 minutes of a stream because of it. But that is me. Unfortunate, since Iron Maiden really looks like a great layout. If it were a different theme, it would be a tough call for me, but it is what it is. So, I guess for me it is SW all the way because of my personal preference, but if theme is equal or not as important, then I'd say what kind of game do you want? One that is fast, more brutal with short ball times or one that has a little less flow but easier shots with longer, but not epic long, ball times?

#3 1 year ago

I vote iron maiden I like both games but think iron maiden has the better layout and slightly better rules because I have noticed now after a while I don't go and play star wars as much I have kinda lost interest in the game. Theme also matters which theme do you like more I am probably the only person but I like iron maidens theme more than star wars.

#4 1 year ago

If you're a big fan of one theme over the other, then I think you have your answer. If neither theme is important to you, then I'd get the IMDN pro.

SW is a nail biter, but it's far from a perfect pin. IMDN has a lot packed in there and shoots differently from anything Stern has released lately, but I don't think the difference between the pro and premium is worth the price of admission. Either way, you can't go wrong. Good luck with your choice.

#5 1 year ago

Hiw much do you like the scoring system on SW is what it comes down to me. If you don't really get into the scoring, then I'd go for IMDN.
Id go pro on both but if you have the cash nothing wrong with prem

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hiw much do you like the scoring system on SW is what it comes down to me. If you don't really get into the scoring, then I'd go for IMDN.
Id go pro on both but if you have the cash nothing wrong with prem

I don't think the scoring/multiplier system in SW is such a huge deal. You can play the game as a mode progression game, just trying to get to Jedi multiball. Or, you can play for high scoring opportunities. And once you get really advanced, I suppose you can combine those efforts. It is the different ways to play the game that make it even more interesting to me. I usually play for mode/game progression. But every so often look up to see I have an opportunity to move a multiplier over to a jackpot shot or video mode to really make some big points. I like the variety. Of course, if you don't like that type of system at all, then I guess SW is not for you.

Plus, that does bring up the fact that Iron Maiden does not have a lockdown bar button. This factors heavily in the gameplay of SW. So if that is something that you like or don't like...that would be a big deal.

#7 1 year ago

It's an easy choice for me. Star Wars is my preferred theme, covers the original trilogy with licensed assets. I don't like Iron Maidens music enough to spend $7500+ on it...

#8 1 year ago

The Iron Maiden theme does nothing for me. I don't know any of their music. I hear the layout is great, so hoping they use a similar layout for Deadpool or another machine. I love Star Wars and will get my premium next month - just a great theme and fun to play.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I don't think the scoring/multiplier system in SW is such a huge deal.

I think you're missing my point. The games are very even to me, and I think the scoring on SW is the key factor in it being "better" than IMDN, or at least diff'rent.

#10 1 year ago

IMDN. Because it's Iron Maiden...........

#11 1 year ago

Decisions decisions.....

4403906F-4CA8-415B-B982-B7DF192B7326 (resized).jpeg

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from jints56:

Decisions decisions.....

If you look at my collection I have a lot of standard fan layouts. Maybe I should go with IM now and sell ST to pick up SW

#13 1 year ago

IMDN is definitely more unique. IMDN is winning the poll. I say go SW. Be your own man!

Seriously, pinball decisions are tough.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

IMDN is definitely more unique. IMDN is winning the poll. I say go SW. Be your own man!
Seriously, pinball decisions are tough.

They are as I love almost all games. My friend has SW Prem and the little time I have on it makes me want it too

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

They are as I love almost all games. My friend has SW Prem and the little time I have on it makes me want it too

Hey Chris... I have spent a good five hours in total on Iron Maiden Pro we had at our booth in Allentown and a HUGE fan of the group... IMHO definitley fun to play...
I am hoping that the premium with the added extras will push it to that next level.
It's kind of early still..kind of reminds me when MET first came out...Then I sold mine..then a year later the new code came out..then I bought another one..sold it...and another..sold it.. and another and another..we had about 11 total and now working on a 12 one for a customer. evrytime I say I am going to keep this one..someone makes me an offer I can't refuse..what can I say?

The Animations are Killer! I mean Killer.!.well done!
Way different than usual layout...like the offset spinner to the left next to the bumpers
Awesome art package..without a doubt anyone who loves Maiden appreciates and Zombie Yeti did a great job mimicking the styles
To be honest..to me the Pro art package is my favorite. But that's me....
Soundtrack of course..
Love the orbits

What I don't like:
Nothing major to aim for except the red lit pharo shot on the back wall..so you have this really cool stainless ramp that goes really no where, hits a suspended target and drops.. They could have done way cooler than that... (Think LOTR here )
Long Ball times
Maybe too many balls for multiball..maybe 1 less would be less chaotic?
Kind of repetetive after a while. ( i am sure with some new code will change that ) Note: We did not install the new code as of yet so this is based off of the factory default. Can't tell you what version that is sorry.
Our machine has a habbit of kicking the ball into the shooter lane (are they all like this? seems like GB syndrome)

Don't get me wrong .. I will be getting one..and thats going to be a premium..but I am waiting..
It is a great game and fun as hell.. just a littke tweaking and hoping with some more updated code will make this a homerun for me.

Star Wars to me is a better game overall.. It's fast and action packed right out of the gate..the whole package is well done .. and its based off the original Trilogy which is a big plus for me.
Love that hyperloop! The only negative to me on SW is the way the game just stops when you select a video mode but i guess how else would you do it.. you go from this fast and crazy gameplay to a sudden stop. That smy only real gripe about the game..and oh yeah.. it's also done by my favortie designer in all pinkingdom..

Anyways... that's my two cents..you have an awesome collection BTW and thank you very much for your hospitality at the allentown show..we look forward to hanging with you again..next time longer
Peace
-joe

#16 1 year ago

The one that’s not a turd of course! Up the irons!!!

#17 1 year ago

Try them both and decide by yourself !

#18 1 year ago

My vote goes to Iron Maiden. The hype is real!

#19 1 year ago

I played both of these side by side at our big pin event Zapcon about a few weeks ago. And why I want to like Maiden much more but only playing the Pro the great flow in Star Wars was better as far as not just the middle of playfiled like Maiden is constant. I waited forever for the Maiden game but wanted more in it and the center shot wasted not to be like LOTR shot in middle. It’s my first thoughts quick impression. Still want to try the Premium version on Maiden but Stars Wars was fun. Maiden is fun and I enjoyed the longer balls times as not as punishing as Star Wars if miss shots. I am not a big Star WArs (don’t hate it either but not a super fan) but the use of the videos clips and Lcd screen seem to be used great in the game. Both play different. I am a bigger fan of Maiden then Metallica but might be drawn to the Metallica pin and things in it.

#21 1 year ago

Your welcome at my place anytime Joe. Also thx for the AFM apron decal.

One question though.......... who's Chris?

LOL Allen .

#22 1 year ago

Maiden is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Star Wars. #SeeWhatIdidThere

#23 1 year ago

I have a Star Wars Premium and want an Iron Maiden for sure, but I would never sell my Star Wars for Iron Maiden. Not a chance. I'll try to figure out another way to get one.

#24 1 year ago

I own both and absolutely love Iron Maiden pro it’s a top 5 game of all time and we also own a refinery edition Star Wars premium which is also a killer game damn just get both. But seriously I can’t stop playing my maiden pro it’s an 11

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Your welcome at my place anytime Joe. Also thx for the AFM apron decal.
One question though.......... who's Chris?
LOL Allen .

DAMN I feel stupid now... My apologies Allen.. I was a few beers in when I posted this

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I have a Star Wars Premium and want an Iron Maiden for sure, but I would never sell my Star Wars for Iron Maiden. Not a chance. I'll try to figure out another way to get one.

Dude you’re wearing a Boba Fett helmet. You may be a tad biased. Just a tad.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

DAMN I feel stupid now... My apologies Allen.. I was a few beers in when I posted this

No worries Joe

#28 1 year ago

Not reading the thread ok so,
Iron Maiden Premium.
Handle it!

#29 1 year ago

Both. I have a SW Prem. I plan on getting an IMDN Prem down the road

1 week later
#30 1 year ago

Still so torn between this.... How are you IMDN LE owners liking the gameplay over the pros

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Dude you’re wearing a Boba Fett helmet. You may be a tad biased. Just a tad.

True. And now I have this one:

B7ABC31E-4FAB-4E93-AA78-361DAE8F5415 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
6,200 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Binghamton, NY
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside