(Topic ID: 250575)

SW Premium - Is this even worth worrying about?

By fooflighter

71 days ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 71 days ago by Toasterdog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Annotation 2 (resized).jpg
Annotation 2019-09-01 131101 (resized).jpg

#1 71 days ago

With all this talk about clear coat etc I decided to inspect my pin...Have a SW Premium (NIB with about 2700 plays) with a very very small (what appears to be) clear separation near a metal ball guide. Probably from various things the point of contact on the edge of the guide, torque of the lock nut for the guide...etc...

I ran my finger over it and it feels smooth, so i just cleaned it, put a very small piece of mylar over it, and loosened and then re tightened (but only just enough) the lock nut near the guide. Should I be doing more, and is this just normal wear and tear?

Annotation 2019-09-01 131101 (resized).jpgAnnotation 2 (resized).jpg
#2 71 days ago

Don't worry about that - that really looks like nothing IMO.
You need to expect some tiny wear at points where things are torqued down. This looks typical of that scenario.

#3 71 days ago
Quoted from T7:

Don't worry about that - that really looks like nothing IMO.
You need to expect some tiny wear at points where things are torqued down. This looks typical of that scenario.

That's what I'm thinking as well, I probably wouldn't have even noticed it had it not been for all the clear pooling talk...Mine is fine in that arena thankfully Thanks T7

#4 71 days ago

Your fix looks great. Hopefully fine!

#5 71 days ago

Digging the scrapbook scissor cut on the mylar.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 34.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside